• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and homosexuality.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don think they were ignorant at all.
But they obviously were ignorant.
They didn't understand Creation, taxonomy, medicine, or physics, just to name a few.

They weren't stupid. But they were primitive.

And that included their ethics and theology.

The health laws given in a number of cases were exactly what a wandering tribe needed.

The restrictions on eating scavengers was there because of what they ate. Wild pigs ate anything and were rife with trichonosis.

These laws , most of the time, were for the benefit of the people.
But we aren't primitive Israelites. So what they believed that God said wasn't really from God. We know more about God now than they did.
Which still is little to nothing.
Tom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

leov

They didn't understand Creation, taxonomy, medicine, or physics, just to name a few.

But we aren't primitive Israelites. So what they believed that God said wasn't really from God. We know more about God now than they did.
Tom
Now we know 5% VS 4% then?

shmogie

I went to night school.
God is not obsessed with homosexuality, where did you come up with that ?

Actually the threads on homosexuality and God are usually started by homosexual apologists who think they have a new way to tackle the issue.

It is a dead, boring subject, yet the horse carcass keeps getting beaten over and over again.

It is more like these folk are obsessed by the God they say they don´t believe in.

shmogie

Tom
That is why those laws were eliminated, they were no longer needed.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
However, the question is structured with a presupposition that God made folk homosexuals. That is, they are born as homosexuals.

That doesn't logically follow.

There is no scientific consensus on this, it has not been proven people are born as homosexuals. There certainly is no homosexual gene.

There is evidence of a genetic component (for example: What do the new ‘gay genes’ tell us about sexual orientation?). But whatever the various influences, if god created everyone, god created gay people.

shmogie

What's the relevance of that? Say both of those are total mysteries without even a hint of a solution to either - that doesn't make your books of myths any more believable.
The relevance is that your explanation or non explanation for creation is no more proven than mine, so you have a mystery as do I. To you God is an unknown mystery.

I don´t care if you believe, or don´t believe, we all make choices for which we are accountable.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that there is lack of knowledge in this area of why God did now want Israeli to associate with some things.

And you've taken it upon yourself to speak for him?

Btw, I'm not one of the Children of Israel, so I suppose that God's displeasure with homosexuality has nothing to do with me. Not that it would anyway. My Gods have no hang ups about it. :)

leov

Um. God doesn't like sexual promiscuity. The link offers examples of individuals who had sexual relationships that did not practice safe sex precautions. How one has sex does not make AIDS more or less deadly.

It has nothing to do with homosexuality.
I think I posted enough examples what a bisexual man can bring home to his woman and the future kids. Especially with no water or sanitation means.

shmogie

That doesn't logically follow.

There is evidence of a genetic component (for example: What do the new ‘gay genes’ tell us about sexual orientation?). But whatever the various influences, if god created everyone, god created gay people.
No, God has long since stopped creating. Those humans that He created were not homosexuals.

Homosexuals may be created by choice, environment,or any number of factors, but they had parents, grand parents and so on, who did the creating.

God did not create criminals or geniuses either.

leov

Pm
And you've taken it upon yourself to speak for him?

Btw, I'm not one of the Children of Israel, so I suppose that God's displeasure with homosexuality has nothing to do with me. Not that it would anyway. My Gods have no hang ups about it. :)
Somebody has to. You are correct you make your I own decisions about your ways...

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The relevance is that your explanation or non explanation for creation is no more proven than mine...

Why is it so difficult for theists to get their heads round this simple idea? I haven't put forward an explanation - you have. A mystery doesn't make a book of bronze age myths, and a god that doesn't like the gay people it created, look any more credible.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It is a fact that God, the only God, revealed in the Bible, finds homosexuality as unacceptable.

Yes, the only God in the Bible. Not the only God in existence. If he even exists.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think I posted enough examples what a bisexual man can bring home to his woman and the future kids. Especially with no water or sanitation means.
But we have water and sanitation and lots of other preventive measures.

So your Bible is irrelevant, today.
Tom