• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God And Homosexual Sex

Skwim

Veteran Member

In another thread Polymath257 remarked, "I am saying that to expect them [a couple] to break off an otherwise successful (by their terms) relationship is heartless and cruel. And any God that would want such is evil, " which made me immediately think of the god of Abraham's disapproval of homosexual sex. Okay, but why?

As far as I know god has never explained why he hates it so much. Enough so that those who engage in it deserve to be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

So, anyone here want to venture an opinion? One preferably based in scripture.

God hates homosexual sex because_______________________________________________________________________________________________ .

julianalexander745

I think the bible has a lot of things wrong with it.

It's the most heavily manipulated and bastardized text in all of human history - it's bound to have a lot of things wrong with it; factually and logically.

Personally, in my humble opinion, Jesus was a gay man. Like an absolutely "holy **** - here he comes again, floating around covered in sparkles" flaming mo'.

There's nothing in the bible that disputes this either; I don't understand why the son of god wouldn't be swimming in puss; so, if you're asking us to fill in the gaps...

Karolina

My humble opinion is that it may have started with the Hebrew/Jewish stance against "wasting semen" by doing anything other than trying to get in near ova in order to procreate. Hence, masturbation us likewise denounced by traditional Jews and Catholics, for instance. Which makes me venture to say the whole idea of sex in the Bible seems to be all about procreation, and the only reason it's even tolerated is bc there wouldn't be more adherents to the various belief system that count on children being raised in their tradition.

So to answer your question, I think the command in Genesis to procreate is the reason many believers interpret it to mean that God hates homosexuality. I disagree. First, if gay people merely abstain from sex, it still doesn't bring them any closer to procreating. Second, why would God have made some people gay if he hated it so much? But you didn't ask for my opinion not commentary, so I'll sign off.

Dave Watchman

As far as I know god has never explained why he hates it so much. Enough so that those who engage in it deserve to be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

So, anyone here want to venture an opinion? One preferably based in scripture.

God hates homosexual sex because_______________________________________________________________________________________________ .

Because God hates sin.

The penalty for sin is death.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ.​

Sin is whatever God says it is.

Sin is sin, the penalty is the same.

But comparing it to heterosexual adultery, homosexual sex is the one sin that really thumbs it's nose in the face of God's grand design for humanity.

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother,
and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.​

This all is in God's domain. Not ours.

He is the POTTER.

We are the clay.

The POTTER can squish the clay.

Think of it like, in 10,000 years from now, your friend is not going to be worried about this.

We are like a vapor that appears for a little while, then vanishes.

We are but a moments sunlight, fading into grass.

Fuggetaboutit.

Focus on the Prize.

Karolina

Which is all well and good but why would God make people with the inclination towards this so-called sin? I'm afraid the Bible had become an idol in a lot of believers' lives, to the point of ignoring the many other graces God has given us. Like reason. And science. And Jesus saying "I desire mercy"...

Laika

Premium Member

Version 1.

...because God is OCD and is micro-managing his creation; he designed the human anatomy with a very specific function in mind and didn't plan on humans using their free will to put their naughty parts in unexpected places. "What? You put it Where! How DARE You! This is not God's Plan! Bad people! Bad!" :D

Version 2.

....because Satan and God we're secret gay lovers and the struggle between good and evil is really a way to cover up their true homoerotic feelings for each other. Satan know's god is in the closet and is saving that revelation for the day of judgement. But Banning homosexuality was just God's way of pretending he didn't feel that way but he couldn't help creating gays anyway as a "Freudian slip" in creation...

Version 3.

...because god actually said "homosexuality is fine, it's great. do it often and do it for fun", but that part of the scriptures was lost from history in the great flood. Humans were embarrassed that they lost track of God's word and didn't own up to the loss, so they tried to fill in the gaps and replaced it because they thought homosexuality was weird and god would agree with them. When God found out, he was not so pleased; he said, "You have corrupted my word! So I'm going to send my son down to you to set the record straight and there is going to be a new testament and nothing is going to go wrong this time. So you're not going to misinterpret it or make a martyr out of him are you?" ;)

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Look, God is obsessed with sex because man (who is the father of God) is obsessed with sex.

It's not just homosexual sex that this man-made God doesn't like. He didn't like it when Onan "spilled his seed on the ground" because he didn't want to have to take responsibility for more kids. So Onan had to die. And God doesn't like sex between close relatives, because of the likelihood of producing sub-par offspring.

So it would seem that man (and his creation, God) was very concerned about having enough children to keep the tribe large and able to defend itself.

I'm also fascinated with the circumcision bit, urged by this God -- because what it actually looks like is God "taking control" of our very sexuality.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Version 1.

...because God is OCD and is micro-managing his creation; he designed the human anatomy with a very specific function in mind and didn't plan on humans using their free will to put their naughty parts in unexpected places. "What? You put it Where! How DARE You! This is not God's Plan! Bad people! Bad!"

Version 2.

....because Satan and God we're secret gay lovers and the struggle between good and evil is really a way to cover up their true homoerotic feelings for each other. Satan know's god is in the closet and is saving that revelation for the day of judgement. But Banning homosexuality was just God's way of pretending he didn't feel that way but he couldn't help creating gays anyway as a "Freudian slip" in creation...

Version 3.

...because god actually said "homosexuality is fine, it's great. do it often and do it for fun", but that part of the scriptures was lost from history in the great flood. Humans were embarrassed that they lost track of God's word and didn't own up to the loss, so they tried to fill in the gaps and replaced it because they thought homosexuality was weird and god would agree with them. When God found out, he was not so pleased; he said, "You have corrupted my word! So I'm going to send my son down to you to set the record straight and there is going to be a new testament and nothing is going to go wrong this time. So you're not going to misinterpret it or make a martyr out of him are you?"

:thumbsup:

julianalexander745

I think the bible has a lot of things wrong with it.

It's the most heavily manipulated and bastardized text in all of human history - it's bound to have a lot of things wrong with it; factually and logically.

Personally, in my humble opinion, Jesus was a gay man. Like an absolutely "holy **** - here he comes again, floating around covered in sparkles" flaming mo'.

There's nothing in the bible that disputes this either; I don't understand why the son of god wouldn't be swimming in puss; so, if you're asking us to fill in the gaps...

Remember that passage in the bible where Jesus apparently goes around washing a bunch of rancid dudes' dirty feet as some kind of gesture of humility?

Can you imagine what Jesus was actually doing before the more sanitized versions of the bible were constructed?

Dave Watchman

Obviously "Sin is whatever God says it is," but the question is WHY does he consider homosexual sex to be sinful? What does he find wrong with it?

For what reason?

"Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib h he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.​

Sin is the transgression of the Law.

The Law is whatever God says it is.

Because God is righteous, he has the right to say what is the Law.

He could say: "don't eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

That then becomes Law.

The breaking of God's Law is the transgression of the Law. This is the sin that equals death.

For the wages of sin is death.

But God wants us to live.

We could ask why? Why can't i eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

And it doesn't matter why.

It doesn't matter for us to know why at this time.

All that matters is that God said not to do it.

God is God.

He knows what we are going to be doing, if we are going to be doing anything, 50,000 years from now.

If He can't trust us in a simple job assignment here in the flesh, why would He think that we could be trusted with an important matter in an eternity from now?

I promise you man, if we can look back at this issue 10,000 years from now, it will be at the height of inconsequential issues.

Compared to the glory that awaits us.

Nothing matters here.

Focus of the Prize.

Focus on the Crown of Life.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

For what reason?

"Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib h he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said,
and flesh of my flesh;

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.​

That then becomes Law.

The breaking of God's Law is the transgression of the Law. This is the sin that equals death.

God is God.

He knows what we are going to be doing, if we are going to be doing anything, 50,000 years from now.

If He can't trust us in a simple job assignment here in the flesh, why would He think that we could be trusted with an important matter in an eternity from now?

I promise you man, if we can look back at this issue 10,000 years from now, it will be at the height of inconsequential issues.

Nothing matters here.

Focus of the Prize.

Meh....

Skwim

Veteran Member

For what reason?

The man said,
and flesh of my flesh;

But what does god do with those who never hook up with the opposite sex, but remain spinsters and bachelors? Like homosexuals, such people don't unite with those of the opposite sex, yet I don't hear god calling them an abomination and demanding they be put to death. Seems that it isn't so much what homosexuals are, but what they do. So why is it god feels what homosexuals do to be such an abomination? How close can a pee pee come to a butt hole before god declares the death sentence? Can the two touch? If so, how much of a touch? He doesn't say, does he. He apparently gives no reason why it's a sin, this sort of touching of the flesh and more.

Unreasonable? Of course it is because it lacks reason. Some of god's dictates are simply unreasonable, and he obviously doesn't care.

Dave Watchman

Meh
exclamation: meh
expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm.
"Meh. I'm not impressed so far"

What does MEH mean in Hebrew?
The term “meh,” defined as “an expression of indifference or boredom,” entered the Collins English Dictionary in 2008. According to Know Your Meme, the term's origins trace back to a 1992 “Melrose Place” online forum in which one commenter wrote, “Meh… far too Ken-doll for me…”​

I bet if you can look back at this subject 10,000 years from now,
you'll wish that you WERE interested in it.

Focus in on what matters.
Crown of Life Time.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Meh
exclamation: meh
expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm.
"Meh. I'm not impressed so far"

What does MEH mean in Hebrew?
The term “meh,” defined as “an expression of indifference or boredom,” entered the Collins English Dictionary in 2008. According to Know Your Meme, the term's origins trace back to a 1992 “Melrose Place” online forum in which one commenter wrote, “Meh… far too Ken-doll for me…”​

I bet if you can look back at this subject 10,000 years from now,
you'll wish that you WERE interested in it.

Focus in on what matters.
Crown of Life Time.
Yes, I do get that that is what you believe. I don't think it a stretch that you should understand it is NOT what I believe.

You see, I will not be here, 10,000 years from now, to look back. I shall not exist, in my understanding, and nor shall you. Scripture makes an amazing lot of claims that cannot be demonstrated, and science has demonstrated an amazing lot of things that scripture never anticipated (why not?).

Therefore, you believe this life is worth little, and you're focused on "the next life," which you believe you will have. I don't happen to believe that, and as a result I think that you are wasting the only thing you've got, hoping for that which will never be -- and that, to me, is a really tragic waste. I am making the best of what I can of the only life I have ever known, and the only one that I expect to have.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

For what reason?

The man said,
and flesh of my flesh;

That then becomes Law.

God is God.

Nothing matters here.

Focus of the Prize.

If it's the height of inconsequential issues, then why would your god demand that I be killed for it? If it's the height of inconsequential issues, why would god condemn me to an eternity of torture (if you believe in the typical Hell scenario) for it? If it's the height of inconsequential issues, why would God bother to make demands about it at all?

Dave Watchman

But what does god do with those who never hook up with the opposite sex, but remain spinsters and bachelors? Like homosexuals, such people don't unite with those of the opposite sex, yet I don't hear god calling them an abomination and demanding they be put to death.

Paul says they are better off. They are the best. Because we're not in the old days of Genesis anymore. They WERE fruitful and they did multiply.

"Now to the unmarried and widows I say this: It is good for them to remain unmarried, as I am. - 1 Corinthians 7:8​

Seems that it isn't so much what homosexuals are, but what they do. So why is it god feels what homosexuals do to be such an abomination? How close can a pee pee come to a butt hole before god declares the death sentence? Can the two touch? If so, how much of a touch? He doesn't say, does he.

Like i was saying, it goes against God's design, God's plan for mankind. If you believe in God, you must understand that He is the Creator of Man. Like an inventor that takes out a patent on an invention, God has the say in these matters.

I know it's a bummer man. I was reviewing the materials and trying to find you a loophole. And it's looking kind of hopeless to me.

Three times in Romans, Paul says this thing where God gave them over. God gave them over. God gave them over. To a reprobate (depraved) mind.

Maybe you aren't that far gone yet, i don't know. Maybe you wouldn't even be here asking these questions if you were. But i WOULD be careful. Because at some point God gives up. God gives them over to a reprobate mind.

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

"Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

"Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.​

He apparently gives no reason why it's a sin, this sort of touching of the flesh and more.

It's enough for Him to say that this IS an Abomination to Him.

Unreasonable? Of course it is because it lacks reason. Some of god's dictates are simply unreasonable, and he obviously doesn't care.

I don't think you're going to like to hear it, but i think we all should be caring a lot more about pleasing God the Creator, rather that about pleasing ourselves.

Focus on the Finish Line,
The Prize.

Dave Watchman

Yes, I do get that that is what you believe. I don't think it a stretch that you should understand it is NOT what I believe.

You see, I will not be here, 10,000 years from now, to look back. I shall not exist, in my understanding, and nor shall you. Scripture makes an amazing lot of claims that cannot be demonstrated, and science has demonstrated an amazing lot of things that scripture never anticipated (why not?).

Therefore, you believe this life is worth little, and you're focused on "the next life," which you believe you will have. I don't happen to believe that, and as a result I think that you are wasting the only thing you've got, hoping for that which will never be -- and that, to me, is a really tragic waste. I am making the best of what I can of the only life I have ever known, and the only one that I expect to have.

Then my peace i will leave with you.

Dave Watchman

f it's the height of inconsequential issues, then why would your god demand that I be killed for it? If it's the height of inconsequential issues, why would god condemn me to an eternity of torture (if you believe in the typical Hell scenario) for it? If it's the height of inconsequential issues, why would God bother to make demands about it at all?

I'm trying to explain that our lives here, our happiness, our desires have no importance compared with the infinity before us.

Our lives here are a blip on an infinite radar.

What if we are being tested as gold tried in the fire.

These issues of our earthly pleasures and desires are just an unimportant vapor. It's like an argument over nothing, when compared to the glory before us.

The lost are destroyed. The people who think hell burns forever, can't understand the concept of infinity.

The lost will be ashes under the feet of the Saints.

Dreadful sorry Clementine