• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Brother

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
if god is the father, then the son of man is a godling

matthew 6:9
psalms 82:6
malachi 2:10
acts 17:28
When we say that we are the children of God, we are saying it figuratively, meaning that we are loved by God as a Father loves his children. It's not literal. God doesn't have babies.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When we say that we are the children of God, we are saying it figuratively, meaning that we are loved by God as a Father loves his children. It's not literal. God doesn't have babies.
i will be what i will be being isn't exclusive to being figurative. there is nothing apart from god; so only god is being

punch a hole in that baby

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

you mixed two posts

So does this mean you have given up your interest in becoming JW?

I didn't write that

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
i'm not a JW.

i'm closer to being a quaker but again I'm not quaker because quakerism is dualistic
My sincerest apologies. I confused you with another person, and I for the life of me can't figure out how I made that mistake. My bad!

Brian2

Veteran Member
self is god as jesus said. the image manifested. god doesn't begin to be nor ceases to be. god is always being. the beloved is the existing one.

jacob wasn't christian; even if you are. this is the change in the twinkling of an eye. and every eye shall see him. to see is to understand.

god is not something in another place. the kingdom of god comes from within

be silent/still and know god, i will be exalted among the other as self, i will be glorified in the body of self.

this is your come to Jesus moment, the 2nd coming. behold I AM with you always, even unto the end of the age.

You seem to understand the Bible through the eyes of beliefs which come from other religious traditions.
In so doing you get messages and meaning that were not meant imo.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
1 john 4:20 pretty much says you can't hate your brother and claim to love god.

is that because your sibling is god, even if the sibling isn't aware of it?

The Bible is at times less about theism than it is about a sort of panentheistic ideal. We have a God that creates all things and is in all things.

pearl

I thought it was more because God is love and if you don't have your roots in love, you don't know or understand God in that you hate your brother who was made by God.

I agree.
If anyone says, “I love God,” but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God* whom he has not seen.
The testimony of the Spirit and that of faith join the testimony of love to confirm our knowledge of God. Our love is grounded in the confession of Jesus as the Son of God and the example of God’s love for us. Christian life is founded on the knowledge of God as love and on his continuing presence that relieves us from fear of judgment. What Christ is gives us confidence, even as we live and love in this world. Yet Christian love is not abstract but lived in the concrete manner of love for one another.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes I think the Samaritans also had syncretism in their worship.
monism

god is greater than christianity. you prefer your religion above knowing god. so you define god. you limit your god. your god isn't omnipresent. your god is always otherwise and elsewhere.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I am a human.

My brother is a human.

I hate my brother.

My spiritual brother says you should not hate. Gives a whole lot of reasons why including the topic hate and hatred.

Hateful person gives a long list of reasons compares info. Says I own good reasons to hate as my hateful brother caused me to hate him by choices.

All human.

Fallen Prophet

1 john 4:20 pretty much says you can't hate your brother and claim to love god.

is that because your sibling is god, even if the sibling isn't aware of it?
It's more about being faithful in the small things.

Loving ones brother is a small thing in comparison to loving God.

If you cannot do the small thing - you won't be able to do the big thing.

Like - if you refuse to pay a tithe - you will never be able to give all you have.