• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Atheism

leibowde84

Veteran Member
"Totality" means "the whole of something". So, what are you saying the "something" is? God is the whole of what? And, please don't just say "everything", because that would just be a trolling answer. I'm truly curious as to what you are talking about specifically.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
no, because once a thing is created, realized, its opposite occurs in order to define it. only the uncreated, like a singular point, has no reference to measure against. when duality occurs, then there can be a measure between point vs counterpoint.

like describing blue to a person who only sees in black and white, or shades of brown and greys.
No, you are just making grammatical errors making your claims here make no sense logically.

What is God the absolute of ... and please don't insult me by saying "everything".

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No, you are just making grammatical errors making your claims here make no sense logically.

What is God the absolute of ... and please don't insult me by saying "everything".
god doesn't have to be logical, the absolute/all contains both the logical and the illogical, the syncratic and idiosyncratic.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
believing in self is not the same as believing in something apart from self.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of deities. So, God would not have to believe in something apart from himself to be a theist. If God believes that he, himself exists, then God is by definition a theist.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That makes absolutely no sense.

Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of deities. So, God would not have to believe in something apart from himself to be a theist. If God believes that he, himself exists, then God is by definition a theist.

beliefs take positive or negative states.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
beliefs take positive or negative states.
This isn't actually true. There is positive, negative, and neutral.

I, for example, don't believe that God exists. But, I also don't believe that God doesn't exist. I am an atheist because I lack belief in the existence of God. But, I certainly am not convinced that God doesn't exist.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This isn't actually true. There is positive, negative, and neutral.

I, for example, don't believe that God exists. But, I also don't believe that God doesn't exist. I am an atheist because I lack belief in the existence of God. But, I certainly am not convinced that God doesn't exist.

neutral falls between the positive and negative and takes a position on the spectrum. i can agree but still it doesn't know because of a choice to know, not know; which falls within the spectrum of belief.

A Vestigial Mote

God is a revelation of a state of mind. IT, the ALL, is a mind, a body, an action.
"God is a culmination of universal experience that manifests in the spiritual apart from the material."

I just made up the above piece of crap sentence on the spot. See... anyone can do this. It means nothing.