• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God allows Satan?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I am totally unsure of this, and if I am inexcusably wrong, please, correct me. I heard once that satan was given a chance to prove his way was right, and was given control of the Earth, for so-many odd years.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Why would God allow Satan to cause havoc such as tsunamis and earthquakes on this Earth? As a test? It doesn't really make sense.[/QUOTE]
I don't belive that God allowed Satan to..............this Earth. A test? the only way it could be a test(in my way of thinking) is if God was giving Satan enough rope to either hang himself, or see the light.
Surely the purpose of God's entire plan is to give equal choice to every being (and that presumably includes Satan) as to which path to take. If that was not his intention, there would logically be no point in life, because of the predestination theory?

Dr. Nosophoros

Sounds like the street preacher needs to reread his bible, here's just a small sample but it seems all translations are similar.

ISAIAH 45:7

King James Version
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things"

New International Version
" I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD , do all these things."

New American Standard Bible
"The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the LORD who does all these."

New Living Translation
"I am the one who creates the light and makes the darkness. I am the one who sends good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things."

Amplified Bible
"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace [national well-being] and I create [physical] evil (calamity); I am the Lord, Who does all these things"

No*s

Captain Obvious
SoulTYPE01 said:
Question is No*S..why?

I can't put it much more succinctly the Jewscout. That has to be up there with one of the best things I've read on here.

It basically works like this: God is almighty. Satan can't take a dump without asking for permission. He can't do anything without permission. God is in control. So, while I may see Satan as rebellious, he is still under the authority of God.

When you have an omnipotent, omniscient God, the buck almost always stops at Him. This is especially true of nature. God is God. He is in control of everything, so we can't shunt things off on Satan when it comes to horrible natural catastrophes.

SoulTYPE

But also in the book of Job, did the LORD allow Satan to inflict leprecy? (Well kind of leprecy). Why would God allow Satan to use this power?

Fluffy

A fool
But also in the book of Job, did the LORD allow Satan to inflict leprecy? (Well kind of leprecy). Why would God allow Satan to use this power?
Because he couldn't perhaps. That is NOT to say that he couldn't because he was overwhelmed by Satan's power but I do dispute God's omnipotence.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
quote[But it does not make sense that God would allow Satan to "have His way with the world".
What happened if Stan did something worse than the Tsunami? And God just lets that happen?]

A good subject lilithu, but Soul,
Isn't that contradicting what you said yesterday about God's omnipotence?

SoulTYPE

michel said:
Isn't that contradicting what you said yesterday about God's omnipotence?
How so? I don't remember what I said yesterday. I was ASKING not TELLING mich. There are other people on this forum besides me, lol.

First off this earth is constantly changeing and moving around as to the Plates! Some say it takes a long time but others say it can happen in a moment, one day! to blame God or some satan/advesary is to infantile!
our population on earth has tripled since I was a kid! More people living on the coastlands all over the world. Those of us living inland don't experience the same destructions! Granted people who live in flood planes are asking for it! It's just the reality of life on planet Earth!
As to satan, that is not a proper name! It means advesary only! God created advesary and set judgement in motion long ago! If the world chooses to go against the basic laws in nature destruction will result!
Cosmic laws that keep everything in balance are coming apart!
If you all want to see the devil go look in the mirror!
The spirit that it is dwells in all of us! So come into the Christ! Change the world and free it and yourself of death!
God says " I wound and I heal" ,"I create the smith who blows on the coals of fire"! The advesary has a pupose to challenge us!
Think about it! for every action ther is a reaction and with out resistance no gain!
Seraph

SoulTYPE

seraphimfire said:
As to satan, that is not a proper name! It means advesary only! Seraph
Yes it does mean "adversary". But it is like other names. Steve (or Stephen) means "crown". So does that make my name not proper?

Also seraph dude, is there another name for Satan in the book of Job? Why was he referred to as Satan then?