• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God’s Method of delivering messages, is it flawed?

PAUL MARKHAM

What Baha'u'llah wrote.

If atheists do not believe God exists, why do they talk about what God should do to prove He exists?
I am not referring to you, I am referring to other atheists who expect God to prove He exists to them personally.
No we expect a god to prove it exists, to all of us. It can tell us why it allowed Trump to win last time!!!

PAUL MARKHAM

No, that is untrue. It means you accept whatever you determine is true after an independent investigation
So who will carry out the independent investigation?

Atheists
Catholics
Baha'is
Hindus
Muslims

Or is an individual's independent investigation good enough? Which we are all doing and finding our truth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The reasons god should do those things are in my post.

To prove it exists.
To prove it's not a manmade concept.
If it exists to tell us which one is the right one.
If it exists to tell us which ones are manmade.
If it exists to tell us which messengers are the right ones.

The reasons for "Why" are many. The reasons for why he shouldn't are down to one, he's a manmade concept.
I asked: Why should God do the things that would convince you just because God is capable of doing those things?

You still have not told me the reasons why God SHOULD do that. What I am asking is why does God OWE you that?
Why shouldn't God require you to make all those determinations using your own innate intelligence and free will?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You spend hours and hours here on RF trying to convince people Baha'u'llah is some sort of divine being. That's because you have a goal.
I have no such goal. I would like nothing better than for this thread to die so I can talk about something else, but I respond to posts that I receive because I consider that courteous.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We have conducted an independent investigation of Baha'is policies and found them to be flawed. So do you want an independent investigation that finds the same thing?
Who is "we"? You mean you have conducted an independent investigation of Baha'is policies and found them to be flawed. That is a personal opinion, we all have those.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No we expect a god to prove it exists, to all of us. It can tell us why it allowed Trump to win last time!!!
Why should God prove He exists to everyone? That is the hundred-dollar question NO atheist can answer.

Trump won last time because he got more votes. God allowed that because God does not interfere with human free will.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So who will carry out the independent investigation?

Atheists
Catholics
Baha'is
Hindus
Muslims

Or is an individual's independent investigation good enough? Which we are all doing and finding our truth.
If they want to know the truth, everyone should do their own independent investigation, independent of other people.

PAUL MARKHAM

I asked: Why should God do the things that would convince you just because God is capable of doing those things?

You still have not told me the reasons why God SHOULD do that. What I am asking is why does God OWE you that?
Why shouldn't God require you to make all those determinations using your own innate intelligence and free will?
If proving it exists to the entire world isn't good enough I guess we have to conclude it's not real.

PAUL MARKHAM

Who is "we"? You mean you have conducted an independent investigation of Baha'is policies and found them to be flawed. That is a personal opinion, we all have those.
We is meant to mean all the people here and all the people who have looked at Bahaullah and rejected him.