• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goats is less hygenic than Pigs

firedragon

Veteran Member
Gonna take wild guess that.. Since "Camel Urine" is medicine with Mixed Milk in Islamic traditions.

Who said its in "Islamic traditions"? Is it because this is a famous meme? Mate, drinking camels urine, cow urine etc have been far and wide used traditions. The tradition goes that the British introduced it to India. Do you know?

Ahadith does not necessarily mean its islamic. Not even Muslims take it that way. If you read reporters you will find them saying that though tried their best to give proper information, they are fallible, and they are only reporting.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But let me know what you think?

Before moving to France we used to keep a couple of nanny goats, delightful creatures with a wonderful personality and a liking for sweater sleeves. They kept the grass short and neat, not too short like a sheep would crop grass to the roots.

Also eaten goat a few times, in and around Greece where its served often.

And. Welcome to RF, enjoy your time here but more importantly, enjoy the cake
download.jpeg

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Atleast if you dont like Pigs. I would pick Sheep. Funnier and better.

Here is image for what i mean
Uten-navn.png

Gonna take wild guess that.. Since "Camel Urine" is medicine with Mixed Milk in Islamic traditions. Then i guess this doesnt matter.
Sahih al-Bukhari 5686 - Medicine - كتاب الطب - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

But yeah i am not gonna eat yellow **** meat. Just gross.

Pigs in general i have heard is only gonna be dirty if you give them no choice, if they have open space they tend to be hygenic i heard.

And i guess the religious counter argument is "Dont prohibit what Allah has allowed, or allow what Allah has allowed"

Interms of religious culture of Islam. Dominance interms of the religious culture is very apparent in the text, so facts and science is often more a case of dominance and not logic.

as a person who has raised bovine, porcine, equine, and caprine, i disagree.

the behavior of urinating in their mouths only occurs in late summer, early fall of the year, and only in the males. this induces estrus in the female. it is a very musky, pungent odor. they also test the females urine by smelling it. I've seen male horses, bulls, and other large mammals do this as well.

Goats are very picky eaters. They are browsers, like deer, and tend to eat things that aren't generally nutritional for other species. They will eat grass but they will also eat twigs, weeds, bark off of trees, and grains. They have a wider palate choice than most of your ungulates. Goats are one of the oldest domesticated animals only surpassed by dogs, and maybe sheep. If a goat drops something on soiled ground, it will not eat it unless the animal is starving to death. unlike a pig, they aren't omnivores. they are herbivores and have a very lean body mass index compared to pigs/hogs that have a large bmi.

so no, goats aren't dirty animals. They are in fact fastidious when it comes to where they will bed and what they will eat.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Before moving to France we used to keep a couple of nanny goats, delightful creatures with a wonderful personality and a liking for sweater sleeves. They kept the grass short and neat, not too short like a sheep would crop grass to the roots.

Also eaten goat a few times, in and around Greece where its served often.

And. Welcome to RF, enjoy your time here but more importantly, enjoy the cake
View attachment 57970
goats have three main behaviors that I've seen. they will try to eat it. if they can't eat it, they will try to climb it. if they can't climb it, they will try to knock it down by butting it with their heads. if they can't butt it down, they will start over by trying to eat it. not necessarily always in that order but generally those are the main three.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Pigs will eat anything including each other. :eek:
So have humans, and not so far back - like shipwreck survivors and plane crash survivors - besides those less advanced peoples who didn't seem to have an issue with eating their enemies, although these latter I suspect have been weaned off of their habit by now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
goats have three main behaviors that I've seen. they will try to eat it. if they can't eat it, they will try to climb it. if they can't climb it, they will try to knock it down by butting it with their heads. if they can't butt it down, they will start over by trying to eat it. not necessarily always in that order but generally those are the main three.

But they are so friendly with it, butting is just their way of saying i like you ;-)

anna.

but mostly it's the same
I'm a city girl, and the only reason I eat meat is because it comes placed neatly on styrofoam trays and completely disconnected from its source which I've more or less successfully blocked from my mind. The older I get the more dishonest this feels, and someday I'll probably end up vegetarian.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I'm a city girl, and the only reason I eat meat is because it comes placed neatly on styrofoam trays and completely disconnected from its source which I've more or less successfully blocked from my mind. The older I get the more dishonest this feels, and someday I'll probably end up vegetarian.

You may want to just try cutting out mammals first. That's what I did mostly for practical /religious
reasons. There's so much variety in poultry and fish, I don't miss meat at all anymore. Plus, for
that good-old-fashioned BBQ there's Beyond & Impossible Burgers. Kosher of course and Yum.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Pigs are likely to be the more intelligent animals amongst all these others, and perhaps seen as rivals to humans - the less intelligent ones at least. :oops:

Intelligent and downright evil if they take a disliking to you. They will ambush you from behind and
a big one is actually very dangerous. I won't get in a pen, or get near one ever again.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Intelligent and downright evil if they take a disliking to you. They will ambush you from behind and
a big one is actually very dangerous. I won't get in a pen, or get near one ever again.
Well I don't have any experiences with pigs but from what I have seen and according to others they can be just as friendly as most other creatures. Perhaps they are just very choosy? But I would be careful around them unless they were on my breakfast plate. :oops:

Clara Tea

Atleast if you dont like Pigs. I would pick Sheep. Funnier and better.

Here is image for what i mean
Uten-navn.png

Gonna take wild guess that.. Since "Camel Urine" is medicine with Mixed Milk in Islamic traditions. Then i guess this doesnt matter.
Sahih al-Bukhari 5686 - Medicine - كتاب الطب - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

But yeah i am not gonna eat yellow **** meat. Just gross.

Pigs in general i have heard is only gonna be dirty if you give them no choice, if they have open space they tend to be hygenic i heard.

And i guess the religious counter argument is "Dont prohibit what Allah has allowed, or allow what Allah has allowed"

In terms of religious culture of Islam. Dominance in terms of the religious culture is very apparent in the text, so facts and science is often more a case of dominance and not logic.

The Medicinal Use of Urine

One would think that only a pee brain would drink pee. Yet, the hyperlink above, from the University of Vienna, Austria, division of nephrology (where you need an MD to be a pee brain), says that pee can treat viruses and bacteria.

Zoonoses Associated with Swine | Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee | Washington State University

Pigs like to wallow in mud. Sterile mud? The website, above, from Washington State University (and George was known to never lie, especially about chopping cherry trees), says that pigs carry a variety of diseases.

You mean disallowed, not allowed in the sentence "Don't prohibit what Allah has allowed, or allow what Allah has disallowed."

In discussions of disease transmission (like where does the flu come from), scientists say that almost every year it comes from pigs in China. Pigs wallow in mud where birds poop (or drink), and that transmits viruses to pigs. Pigs are genetically very close to humans, and that is why viruses that have adapted to pigs attack humans (it is just a small jump, genetically). I was watching my sister eat....oh, I see the family resemblance.

Given the huge expense of diseases (like the flu....since I am forbidden to write about other diseases in the free nation of America), you'd think that a few million could be spent to assure that viruses are eliminated in pig sties and birds, and to assure that birds and pigs don't commingle.

Zoonoses Associated with Sheep and Goats | Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee | Washington State University

The website, from Washington State University, lists many diseases that goats get (which might get your goat if you assert that goats don't get many diseases).

Goats and deer are kosher and halal (though I have no idea how they determine what their religion is).

Kosher and Halal - Meat Science

This website (above) is from Texas Agricultural and Mineral University (Texas A & M), and it discusses kosher and halal meats. Orthodox Jews are not allowed to eat Friday evening, aka the Sabbath (but I can't find a Texas PM to prove that....so I'll just have to stick with the Texas morning university).

Clara Tea

Well I don't have any experiences with pigs but from what I have seen and according to others they can be just as friendly as most other creatures. Perhaps they are just very choosy? But I would be careful around them unless they were on my breakfast plate. :oops:
More intelligent than a dog, and able to train to do tricks, pigs make wonderful pets. However, they can be destructive.

Elephants make good pets, too, but they eat a lot and you have to train them not to jump on you. You also have to figure out what to do with all of the cars that they chase and retrieve.

Clara Tea

Few things are funnier than watching a goat standing on top of a mule's back. Goats also have funny eyes.

The main use (here) for goats is clearing land of vegetation. They will eat almost any plant and will destroy all shrubs and vines within a fenced area. In a temperate or jungle climate that becomes important, sometimes. Vines can be very invasive and can destroy trees. Therefore goats help to keep vines from destroying trees.

Goat butter and goat cheese are also highly prized. Not many people eat goat meat, not around here. I also cannot buy goat meat in my grocery store, but I can buy goat cheese.

Goats are weak and are often killed by coyotes, so goat ranchers often will also keep a mule to help protect them. The mule chases away coyotes.
I was going to bet the mule race, but the jockey had funny eyes.