• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Having gone therefore disciple the nations baptizing in the name of The Father the son and the Holy Spirit teaching them"

People say it means "You go, therefore, make disciples of people of the nations..."

If he is saying "you go" but then says "I am with you" then he follows YOU.

Here is the question for debate please.

Is the verb "go" his going or your going?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you think there is no difference between the phrases "I am going" and "You go" then please educate me about your way of thinking.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

People who say they know how to teach the Bible will say "all the Bibles can't be wrong". They ALL say "you go", so obviously that is what it means.

Those people forgot the other scipture that says "the WHOLE World lies in the power of the wicked one"

1 John 5:19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. 20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true,+ by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting. 21 Little children, guard yourselves from idols.

So it is possible if all the world is being misled all the Bibles CAN be wrong.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
According to the Bible Jesus said YOU go.....(and)......I will be with you.

If I go from Jesus but he remains WITH me then he follows me, not I follow HIM.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What sounds more likely?

(You) having gone

or

(My) having gone

??

It is my opinion people who do not know verb tense should not be teachers of The Word.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, his going is extant. Our going is coming AND going.

Matthew 28:19 means HIS going.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are we who follow Jesus not God's sheep? The shepherd leads, the sheep follow. They say Jesus said "GO". But in another place he says "come". Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Please explain. You want it to say "go". I want to know why.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seems we are here to discuss religion. There is not a much more religious thing than the bible and there is no one here who can talk about it differently than they always have. It's scary. Really.