• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go where the mental illness leadeth and taketh thee!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There was a time I had hope that with time and the right effort and grace would come sound, stable, healthy, mature mind.

But eventually I've realized that is like a lizard expecting to become a homosapien some day or Helen Keller thinking she would become a marathon runner.

It isn't good to have impossible expectations that are clearly not any plan Divine Providence has, and is an attempt at rebellion against being the vessel the potter molded it into.

God wanted me and a lot of people to be weird and mental illness is simply not going anywhere. Neither is drama, mistakes, or the three ring circus sideshow that covers the globe.

I'm discovering a lot of terrible mistakes I made, maybe not all, but enough, lead to some very important changes that accomplished the greatest good in my life, like where I geographically live being one example, that saved my *** from living a far worse existence back home in Montana, and missing out on some extremely important graces and lessons here.

Being able to know what to do with sanity and not make the mistakes would be great, but it is clear God is using mental health problems and crises , addictions, the mistakes, and has them shepherding me to destiny, provided I combine it with faith and prayers, the results and grace is in more abundance.

So, I guess I go with the circus, and go where sickness and woundedness and mental illness takes me.

God is the Shepherd, ghosts are Shepherds, illness, the cross, and thorns in the flesh are Shepherds, all there for a reason leading to destiny...

Do you ever feel that way?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes I wonder why the heck the powers that be made me so stinking weird... Would I have been happier falling into line the way it was expected I would? Am I missing out on much by not going the well traveled path?

Nah. My weird life is awesome. I think if I had been able to suppress my oddities, I would have missed out on much more. I feel because my life took so many unusual twists, its opened me up to possibilities and to seeing things in ways that sometimes goes over the heads of others.

Sometimes its a bit lonely, but I think in the absence of others, I'm better able to feel the presence of the Gods.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There was a time I had hope that with time and the right effort and grace would come sound, stable, healthy, mature mind.

But eventually I've realized that is like a lizard expecting to become a homosapien some day or Helen Keller thinking she would become a marathon runner.

It isn't good to have impossible expectations that are clearly not any plan Divine Providence has, and is an attempt at rebellion against being the vessel the potter molded it into.

God wanted me and a lot of people to be weird and mental illness is simply not going anywhere. Neither is drama, mistakes, or the three ring circus sideshow that covers the globe.

I'm discovering a lot of terrible mistakes I made, maybe not all, but enough, lead to some very important changes that accomplished the greatest good in my life, like where I geographically live being one example, that saved my *** from living a far worse existence back home in Montana, and missing out on some extremely important graces and lessons here.

Being able to know what to do with sanity and not make the mistakes would be great, but it is clear God is using mental health problems and crises , addictions, the mistakes, and has them shepherding me to destiny, provided I combine it with faith and prayers, the results and grace is in more abundance.

So, I guess I go with the circus, and go where sickness and woundedness and mental illness takes me.

God is the Shepherd, ghosts are Shepherds, illness, the cross, and thorns in the flesh are Shepherds, all there for a reason leading to destiny...

Do you ever feel that way?

Like that prayer...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.

There are things I would like to change about myself but I can't be someone who I am not.
However I can work on a few minor improvements.
Like spelling errors. :D

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As a person with serious mental health issues, I find we're often the most compassionate and empathetic people. Unless the problem is narcissism or psychopathy/sociopathy. They really treat others very horribly, as I know from experience.