• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Green! (Invitation Only)

Laika

Premium Member
Tags for: @Chakra , @Rowan , @Kirran , @Quetzal , @Shadow Wolf , @Iti oj and @MD (at a guess)

Greetings!

This thread is for people to help find ways for RF to go green, by promoting environmental issues and solutions to Climate Change. It is worth keeping in mind the forum rules, particuarly rules 4 (ads/spam) and rule 8 (proselytising/preaching) so we don't **** off our freindly admin overlords.

Ideally these will be practical things we can do on the forum or suggestions for people to do offline, such as finding ways to reduce their carbon footprint.

If you wish to be part of this invitation only discussion please let me know you want to participate via a profile post or private message. I can then tag you in the discussion and you're in! The only condition is you accept that recent climate change is real,man-made and a threat we have to deal with.

Get creative people! No idea is too crazy if it helps save the planet! Make it wild and wackey and lets see what we can do! :D

Laika

Premium Member
...it's only mostly man-made :D

Dam it Comrade, your supposed to be helping!

Don't make me deploy Al Gore!:D

gore_fire.jpg

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Honestly , while every one will need to make changes in the way they act and think , the majority ofbtge action need takes place at the political and industrial level.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Honestly , while every one will need to make changes in the way they act and think , the majority ofbtge action need takes place at the political and industrial level.
This is true. Which is why it is very disappointing given how this election turned out. Despite Clinton not being perfect, I was confident she would at least maintain the status-quo regarding our stance and participation at the summits. Alas, for now, contacting and writing to local officials might be helpful. I know a university in a neighboring town installed solar panels on their parking garages. Not much, but it is something.

Laika

Premium Member

This is true. Which is why it is very disappointing given how this election turned out. Despite Clinton not being perfect, I was confident she would at least maintain the status-quo regarding our stance and participation at the summits. Alas, for now, contacting and writing to local officials might be helpful. I know a university in a neighboring town installed solar panels on their parking garages. Not much, but it is something.

Do you think there are things we can on the forum that can contribute to making such larger changes as a goal?

Iti oj

Premium Member
Do you think there are things we can on the forum that can contribute to making such larger changes as a goal?
Online platforms are a great way to organize action, protest, boycotts and information . I need to think more on this.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Trump probably can't roll back standards as much as we fear. California has higher standards that will continue to rise . manufacturers and other states follow California .

So even state level action matters.

Are people aware that you have a state house and Senate ? I highly recommend you write them on these issues.

So one issue I'm considering working here at the county level is the 'ban the bag' movement .
People on there own can boycott plastic bags and talk to there local stores about pushing paper and reusable bags. I'm going to try to work with the county government as we are a coastal community .

Last edited: