• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gnostic Luciferianism

Liu

How does that play out in terms of their practice?
I actually don't know much about their actual practice since so far I've mostly read their theoretical texts (i.e. literature related to the MLO/TotBL mostly focused on describing philosophy, myths and metaphysics) and lyrics of bands of that inclination (there are quite a bunch, so one might even say that music is a common practice among chaos-gnostics).

Who knows in what way lyrics are a proper source. As an example, one could consider "Underneath the Cenotaph" by Watain to be about a dream journey/visualization on the subject of death with the help of certain qliphotic symbols/entities, but how exactly (and if) such would be actually done by them, I can't tell.
Watain - Sworn to the Dark - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Also, at least in interviews I read I have noticed a certain reluctance among many to share much about their spirituality since they don't want to waste time on explaining it to mundanes. Haven't bothered contacting any personally so far. I know one chaos-gnostic personally, but he seems to be mostly a novice still and currently more busy with his life than with any religious practice.

The Thursian (i.e. Norse) chaos-gnostic Vexior has a short chapter in his book Gullveigarbók on his own practice. It was a combination of meditating in nature, sacrificing/worshiping/chanting and rune magick.
You can find the book here:
Gullveigarbók by Vexior
It's the chapter II: Fjølkyngi

Also other books list rituals, but at least some don't seem like the most realistic ones, in terms of ingredients ;) So that doesn't look like a good source on actual every-day practice.
The practice there seems to be restricted to chants and sacrifices to a variety of entities and rituals to ask those deities for help with stuff. No specific recommendations in terms of other practices, except for, develop you own system.
It's also been a while since I read most of that, so maybe I forgot about something like that which they did mention.

Entities they work with are for example Cain, Tanin, the spirits of the Qliphoth, several Sumerian spirits/deities, the norse Thurses, ... i.e. pretty much the same that any LHPer would typically choose.

It seems like a rather venerational path, which makes sense in so far as the goal is to help or urge one's deities to end the world and make all become one again. I don't know however whether they all consider that to be the literal goal or more of a metaphor for something psychological.

Since the MLO is influenced by the one group we are not allowed to discuss in this DIR, I suppose they also take inspiration in regards to actual practice from that.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Heh, mundanes. Makes me think we got a version of "muggles" now. Not that I'd ever use or think in those terms, mundanes ect Too unbecoming of someone in my practice.

Liu

Heh, mundanes. Makes me think we got a version of "muggles" now. Not that I'd ever use or think in those terms, mundanes ect Too unbecoming of someone in my practice.
Me neither, at least not seriously xD
Actually, I encountered the term mundanes being used earlier and more often than the term muggles. But that might just have to do with me first stumbling upon stuff like the MLO and only later looking into the more general and less fringe forms of occultism, paganism etc. where that term seems to be more common.

Deidre

I've been exploring both Satanism and Luciferianism, and coming from a Christian background but having left it, I'm having to undo some strong narratives about Satan, Lucifer, etc.

I would say that Lucifer wouldn't ask us to do anything ''nefarious.'' I don't think he would ask us to do anything. From what I've gleaned from reading about Luciferianism, the path to enlightenment is to be one's best Self. Doing nefarious things won't really lead to enlightenment, unless one learned from it.