• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glory to "Tao te Ching". Solves why we better not proselytize

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There is only One Tao! ;-)
I agree. But this is mysticism, and as much as I love mysticism, it falls flat for many because it either "catches you" in its mystery or it repels you in its irrationality.
What to do? The mystery beyond understanding...
Thank you for your insight. Just learned about Tao yesterday. Your quote makes sense why I love it so much
I love mystery and I love irrationality. The normal type of course of irrationality. If 1000 people looking at the sky and say it's blue, and one says yellow. I first have that one be checked by a doctor on jaundice or some other disease. That is my common sense and acceptance of science

stvdv

There is much in the Bible in agreement with your quote. Walk a mile...is the first that comes to mind.
Great: And agreed. Especially if you can read between the lines, and have a little creativity and little more "awe and wonder" and above all Love God.

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

1: Walk a mile
2: Who is without sin ... first stone
3: Splinter others eye ... tree in your own
4: Wipe the dust from your sandel and don't return if they are not interested
5: Do not judge
6: Chatty Babylon
7: Chatty Goliath, God trusting David
8: Moses going in seclusion in his tent to contact God
9: ......

stvdv

The Tao, in a deep way, is the abstraction of thought and neural action and architecture itself. From excitatory and inhibitory neurochemical to mutually inhibitory pathways that control opposing muscles to the architecture of personality and its biases development of the four conscious functions in pairs of opposites...our very experience of consciousness and its neural underpinnings IS Tao.

The eye cannot see itself seeing.
Don't tell me, you just created these beautiful words from nowhere, without Google
If you created them yourself, you can write your own Tao I guess

sealchan

Don't tell me, you just created these beautiful words from nowhere, without Google
If you created them yourself, you can write your own Tao I guess

I've studied neurobiology as an undergraduate in college. I also read a book called The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra. The idea of complimentary opposites underlies so much of our neural systems and the linguistic concepts which are patterns of neural activity "running" on those neural systems in turn give rise to our perceptions of the nature of the Universe in terms of physics...the very way we conceptualize physics at the deepest level reveals Tao.

Also system theory can help explain how a dynamic interaction of parts gives rise to self-balancing systems reflective of Taoist thought.

sealchan

The real truth in all religion will actually be revealed as an outcome of scientific understanding...while the false truths of religion will eventually be made possible by the technologies of science.