• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glory to Jesus and His Martyrdom this Good Friday

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a Baha'i we do not celebrate all the holy days of all religions, even though we embrace the Messenger that founded them.

We will share in the commendation of those days with family, if the faith is our background and they celebrate them, or if invited to do so by others.

The day that Jesus gives His life for all humanity to enable us to find peace, love and justice has been praised in the Baha'i Writings and thus I share a passage on this day.

"Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.
We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.
Leprosy may be interpreted as any veil that interveneth between man and the recognition of the Lord, his God. Whoso alloweth himself to be shut out from Him is indeed a leper, who shall not be remembered in the Kingdom of God, the Mighty, the All-Praised. We bear witness that through the power of the Word of God every leper was cleansed, every sickness was healed, every human infirmity was banished. He it is Who purified the world. Blessed is the man who, with a face beaming with light, hath turned towards Him."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 85-86

May God bless all Christains and all people of all Faiths on this Good Friday 2022.

download (2).jpeg

Love to all, Regards Tony

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The day that Jesus gives His life for all humanity to enable us to find peace, love and justice has been praised in the Baha'i Writings and thus I share a passage on this day.
"Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.
We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.
Leprosy may be interpreted as any veil that interveneth between man and the recognition of the Lord, his God. Whoso alloweth himself to be shut out from Him is indeed a leper, who shall not be remembered in the Kingdom of God, the Mighty, the All-Praised. We bear witness that through the power of the Word of God every leper was cleansed, every sickness was healed, every human infirmity was banished. He it is Who purified the world. Blessed is the man who, with a face beaming with light, hath turned towards Him."
May God bless all Christains and all people of all Faiths on this Good Friday 2022.

Thank you for your insightful post.
In Scripture Jesus wants us to remember his 'day of death' according to Luke 22:19 ( also see Ecclesiastes 7:1)
Nisan 14 ( Jewish calendar month and day which often connects to the modern Passover Date )
In other words, Nisan 14 will begin at Sundown this Friday.
Just as a wedding anniversary does Not always fall on a Friday, so Nisan 14 is Not always a Friday.
This year Nisan 14 does corresponding to this Friday April 15th starting at Sunset.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I just sent a message to our local priest here wishing Him a happy Easter and sharing with him our reverence for Jesus sacrificing His Life for us all. Also some Christian friends are coming over on Easter Sunday to share lunch with us. Looking forward to it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just sent a message to our local priest here wishing Him a happy Easter and sharing with him our reverence for Jesus sacrificing His Life for us all. Also some Christian friends are coming over on Easter Sunday to share lunch with us. Looking forward to it.

May you have a wonderful Christ blessed day David. Wish all well for us, love from my wife as well.

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
May you have a wonderful Christ blessed day David. Wish all well for us, love from my wife as well.

Regards Tony

Hi dear Tony,

I hope you are both well. I haven’t been on RF for a while due to studies and exams. I’ve got another 2 x 2000 words assignments to complete in 2 weeks. Also I’ll be getting my Diploma in a couple of weeks. Bought a gown and hat. Feel silly because no celebration can compare with Ridvan. I really am so happy to see you and we send our love to you both.

I created this Good Friday poster to share with friends. I sent it to my friends on WhatsApp.

30C600D0-59F8-4478-8ACB-EFEFB90A018E.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As a Baha'i we do not celebrate all the holy days of all religions, even though we embrace the Messenger that founded them.

We will share in the commendation of those days with family, if the faith is our background and they celebrate them, or if invited to do so by others.

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 85-86

View attachment 62113

I don't get the fetishism involving martyrdom and the religions that revele in it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't get the fetishism involving martyrdom and the religions that revele in it.

Sacrifice of self is the apex of the meaning of Faith.

"The mass of the people are occupied with self and worldly desire, are immersed in the ocean of the nether world and are captives of the world of nature, save those souls who have been freed from the chains and fetters of the material world and, like unto swift-flying birds, are soaring in this unbounded realm. They are awake and vigilant, they shun the obscurity of the world of nature, their highest wish centereth on the eradication from among men of the struggle for existence, the shining forth of the spirituality and the love of the realm on high, the exercise of utmost kindness among peoples, the realization of an intimate and close connection between religions and the practice of the ideal of self-sacrifice. Then will the world of humanity be transformed into the Kingdom of God."

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 281-282

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sacrifice of self is the apex of the meaning of Faith.

"The mass of the people are occupied with self and worldly desire, are immersed in the ocean of the nether world and are captives of the world of nature, save those souls who have been freed from the chains and fetters of the material world and, like unto swift-flying birds, are soaring in this unbounded realm. They are awake and vigilant, they shun the obscurity of the world of nature, their highest wish centereth on the eradication from among men of the struggle for existence, the shining forth of the spirituality and the love of the realm on high, the exercise of utmost kindness among peoples, the realization of an intimate and close connection between religions and the practice of the ideal of self-sacrifice. Then will the world of humanity be transformed into the Kingdom of God."

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 281-282

Regards Tony
All that it tells me is that it typically indicates a blood cult or a variation of one that gets 'sugared' down.