• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming 2019

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Phfffft.... scientists, what do they know?
They know enough to have formed the foundation of the device you're using to post on RF, to have created drugs that keep you alive and so forth.

But if you like, don't use anything in which scientific research played a part - see subsistence farming & hunting/gathering.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've been wondering about that myself lately.

Releasing theoretical models without telling anybody the facts behind the model.

Cant explain the facts for making the theoretical models that would make any sense for the most part.

Can't show anybody repeatable results to back up the models.

Yeah I do wonder today.
You have been shown the results but refuse to examine them with an open mind.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually I'm thinking that it's time to ignore those who refuse to look at the evidence and elect people who will take action. And if the right won't participate in the solution, we'll see a left-wing solution and that's perfectly acceptable to me.

The polls agree that the discussion is ending. The question is what cost-effective and minimally disruptive measures can be taken.

The Unprecedented Surge in Fear About Climate Change

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Global warming is increasing the frequency and ferocity of wildfires all over the earth too.

Trees absorb CO2.

Meanwhile, the Amazon rainforests are being deliberately burned down for economic reasons.

Live updates: Rainforest fires in the Amazon - CNN

Apart from the fact that the Amazon forests produce 20% of the world’s oxygen...they also sequester huge amounts of carbon.

I can see why people want to hide from the facts.
They are sh** scared and in denial.

This was performed in 1976. Brian Eno and 801. Check out the lyrics.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
They know enough to have formed the foundation of the device you're using to post on RF, to have created drugs that keep you alive and so forth.

But if you like, don't use anything in which scientific research played a part - see subsistence farming & hunting/gathering.
Science could even be applied to subsistence farming and hunting/gathering to optimize them and customize them to a particular region and time of year. In some ways, the primitive people that follow/ed those practices have done just that by trial and error.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Let's put it this way. I would give no more credence to various environmental scientists then the left have with the environmental impact scientists from British Petroleum.

They all have the same type of degrees, but you get the picture I hope.

Global warming is increasing the frequency and ferocity of wildfires all over the earth too.

Trees absorb CO2.

Meanwhile, the Amazon rainforests are being deliberately burned down for economic reasons.

Live updates: Rainforest fires in the Amazon - CNN

Apart from the fact that the Amazon forests produce 20% of the world’s oxygen...they also sequester huge amounts of carbon.

I can see why people want to hide from the facts.
They are sh** scared and in denial.

This was performed in 1976. Brian Eno and 801. Check out the lyrics.
Yes, the Amazon wildfires are on deliberately burning by greedy people!!! Repeat facts, repeat facts, not much science needed on this.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Yes, the Amazon wildfires are on deliberately burning by greedy people!!! Repeat facts, repeat facts, not much science needed on this.

If these fires continue unabated, and currently there is nothing to stop them, our planet will have a significant drop in atmospheric oxygen, and a significant increase in CO2 levels.

Very soon.

This is global suicide by capitalism.

The water will soon boil, and the frog doesn’t care.

Yet.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I believe you missed @Father Heathen 's sarcasm.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I was being sarcastic. ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now all that's needed is the fakest January in 2019....

January 30-31, 2019: Record to Near-Record Cold in Northern Illinois

Mr. Heatmiser meet Mr. Cold (snow) Miser.

Yep, it was dang cold that day. There are still rare record cold days locally. That is called "weather". That on its own is not evidence for anything. What you should be paying attention to is the pattern of record highs and record lows. That is evidence of change of climate. And we see far more record highs than record lows:

Climate Signals | Record High Temps vs. Record Low Temps

dianaiad

You did not pay attention. Yes, Europe is part of the Earth, but it is not the whole Earth. Warming in one region does not mean warming over the entire Earth. Here look at this graph:

2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

As up can see the entire Earth was only slightly warmer during the Medieval Warm Period. Look at the far right side of the graph. You will see that it is noticeably warmer today than it was back then.

Once again, think GLOBAL not local.

Oh, great. The great hockey stick graph,,,that has been proven false and has been an embarrassment to the climatologists for years.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh, great. The great hockey stick graph,,,that has been proven false and has been an embarrassment to the climatologists for years.
Nope, that is not the hockey stick graph,nor has the hockey stick been proven false. Where did you get that crazy idea from?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
you really should have listened through the entire video, which addressed the temperature globally.

Huh? Actually no. As far as global records the video is disjoint and incorrect. 'Lots of cold' foolishness does not address the average temperatures worldwide. The video did not cite any scientific records nor research sources on the worldwide averages. It only described anecdotal references to individual regions.

Last edited:

dianaiad

Nope, that is not the hockey stick graph,nor has the hockey stick been proven false. Where did you get that crazy idea from?

At this point, SZ with all due respect, I have to figure that if you have put up the 'evidence,' (like the bit about the medieval warming period only affecting Europe) I figure that it is automatically suspect. I have to check it all out, especially when you do not (as you did not with the graph you provided) give any references or sources.

And you did NOT pay attention to the video, quite obviously....

But here...among other problems, try this: Global Warming Bombshell

From an author who states, IN THE ARTICLE TO WHICH THIS IS A LINK, he states:

If you are concerned about global warming (as I am) and think that human-created carbon dioxide may contribute (as I do), then you still should agree that we are much better off having broken the hockey stick. Misinformation can do real harm, because it distorts predictions. Suppose, for example, that future measurements in the years 2005-2015 show a clear and distinct globalcooling trend. (It could happen.) If we mistakenly took the hockey stick seriously–that is, if we believed that natural fluctuations in climate are small–then we might conclude (mistakenly) that the cooling could not be just a random fluctuation on top of a long-term warming trend, since according to the hockey stick, such fluctuations are negligible. And that might lead in turn to the mistaken conclusion that global warming predictions are a lot of hooey. If, on the other hand, we reject the hockey stick, and recognize that natural fluctuations can be large, then we will not be misled by a few years of random cooling.

A phony hockey stick is more dangerous than a broken one–if we know it is broken. It is our responsibility as scientists to look at the data in an unbiased way, and draw whatever conclusions follow. When we discover a mistake, we admit it, learn from it, and perhaps discover once again the value of caution.

The thing is, Mann's 'hocky stick' HAS been proven to be inaccurate, and as for whether 'that' is the 'hockey stick graph..."

Here is Mann's "hockey stick" graph.

hockey_stick_TAR.gif

Hmnn. I can see that graph when I upload it, but I can't see it when I look at the post once submitted.

Try this (I hope) https://skepticalscience.com/images/hockey_stick_TAR.gif

Amazing how much it looks like the one you put up....and for which, again, you provide NO reference or source.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
At this point, SZ with all due respect, I have to figure that if you have put up the 'evidence,' (like the bit about the medieval warming period only affecting Europe) I figure that it is automatically suspect. I have to check it all out, especially when you do not (as you did not with the graph you provided) give any references or sources.

And you did NOT pay attention to the video, quite obviously....

But here...among other problems, try this: Global Warming Bombshell

From an author who states, IN THE ARTICLE TO WHICH THIS IS A LINK, he states:

If you are concerned about global warming (as I am) and think that human-created carbon dioxide may contribute (as I do), then you still should agree that we are much better off having broken the hockey stick. Misinformation can do real harm, because it distorts predictions. Suppose, for example, that future measurements in the years 2005-2015 show a clear and distinct globalcooling trend. (It could happen.) If we mistakenly took the hockey stick seriously–that is, if we believed that natural fluctuations in climate are small–then we might conclude (mistakenly) that the cooling could not be just a random fluctuation on top of a long-term warming trend, since according to the hockey stick, such fluctuations are negligible. And that might lead in turn to the mistaken conclusion that global warming predictions are a lot of hooey. If, on the other hand, we reject the hockey stick, and recognize that natural fluctuations can be large, then we will not be misled by a few years of random cooling.

A phony hockey stick is more dangerous than a broken one–if we know it is broken. It is our responsibility as scientists to look at the data in an unbiased way, and draw whatever conclusions follow. When we discover a mistake, we admit it, learn from it, and perhaps discover once again the value of caution.

The thing is, Mann's 'hocky stick' HAS been proven to be inaccurate, and as for whether 'that' is the 'hockey stick graph..."

Here is Mann's "hockey stick" graph.

hockey_stick_TAR.gif

Hmnn. I can see that graph when I upload it, but I can't see it when I look at the post once submitted.

Try this (I hope) https://skepticalscience.com/images/hockey_stick_TAR.gif

Amazing how much it looks like the one you put up....and for which, again, you provide NO reference or source.

You need to do some research on yourself of actual scientific research materials instead of citing non-scientific bad references. The graph is accurate and reflects a direct relationship with the rise of CO2 in the atmosphere. Simple direct scientific references remove the blue smoke and mirrors of phonies.