• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Citizenship: My Personal Philosophy Replaces Religion

Prestor John

It is an ideology that requires force to implement and maintain.
And the nations have battled each other rather than learning to cooperate.
How can you not see the cooperation between the nations of the world today?
I didn't propose a global government. That isn't necessary.
Then what is “global citizen”?

Wouldn’t there need to be a global governing body to protect the rights of “global citizens”?

However, governments have always decided on rights;
The U.S. Constitution claims that our rights were given to us by our Creator, not the government.

That is a uniquely American ideology.

that won't change but my premise is that governments of the future will be better at decision-making than the current ones.
That’s a huge and baseless assumption.

An assumption I disagree with as I watch Europe and the Middle East burn.

That’s not even to mention the idiot Millennials.

Sure, but people will have more faith if the decision-making process is wisely done.
“Wisely done” according to who?
The greatest virtue of a cooperative society is that its benefits will be fairly distributed.
That is a vice, not a virtue.

People should get more if they put in more; less if they put in less.

You wouldn't put things to a popular vote because then the decision is being made by people of average intelligence, a lot like the election of a president of the USA.
Oh, of course!

Why would THE PEOPLE ever need to make decisions when they have you and other like-minded elitists willing to do it for them.

President Trump was the best candidate and THE PEOPLE made the right choice, despite what the high-minded elitists may think.

You make me sick.

The future government probably won't use leaders. So, a dictatorship would be impossible.
Pure fantasy

joe1776

It is an ideology that requires force to implement and maintain.
How can you not see the cooperation between the nations of the world today?
Then what is “global citizen”?

Wouldn’t there need to be a global governing body to protect the rights of “global citizens”?
The U.S. Constitution claims that our rights were given to us by our Creator, not the government.

That is a uniquely American ideology.
That’s a huge and baseless assumption.

An assumption I disagree with as I watch Europe and the Middle East burn.

That’s not even to mention the idiot Millennials.
“Wisely done” according to who?
That is a vice, not a virtue.

People should get more if they put in more; less if they put in less.
Oh, of course!

Why would THE PEOPLE ever need to make decisions when they have you and other like-minded elitists willing to do it for them.

President Trump was the best candidate and THE PEOPLE made the right choice, despite what the high-minded elitists may think.

You make me sick.
Pure fantasy
Okay, but other than that, you agree completely?:D

Seriously, you are coming in late and your argumentative post had a few legitamate questions that have already been answered at least twice before.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think you believe that probably because, as a child, you were coerced to believe it by the reward and punishment method which can train lots of animals to behave as we want them to.

The offer of an afterlife of Heaven (reward) or Hell (punishment) is hard to refuse, especially by young, naive minds.

Unfortunately, the threat of eternal punishment meant that the Christian god had to be portrayed as a vengeful enforcer who has no idea that genuine love is always unconditional.

The idea of a fair punishment for misbehavior, meant to instruct, is certainly consistent as an act of love. But eternal punishment in Hell for not accepting a religious doctrine is laughingly absurd.

I have no idea what the odds are but it certainly is not the case with me. I believe what I do because God says so.

I believe people have a tendency to disbelieve both which is pretty naive in my book.

I believe there are some preachers who do that but a good preacher should preach the whole gospel and the Gospel is that of eternal life.

I believe you are wrong in three ways: 1. The punishment doesn't have a clock but that does not mean that it has no end. 2. It is not a matter of reigious doctrine but a matter of disobeying God who determines your future 3. There is nothing funny or absurd about eternal punishment.

joe1776

I have no idea what the odds are but it certainly is not the case with me. I believe what I do because God says so.
Who persuaded you that your Bible contained God's words? A human did that, right?

I believe people have a tendency to disbelieve both which is pretty naive in my book.
Do you make a habit of believing the claims people make without evidence? If not, why did you make an exception when accepting your religion? And how old were you when you made up your mind?

I believe there are some preachers who do that but a good preacher should preach the whole gospel and the Gospel is that of eternal life.
My remarks are about Christianity in general not about your interpretation of it.
I believe you are wrong in three ways: 1. The punishment doesn't have a clock but that does not mean that it has no end.
I was taught that it had no end.
2. It is not a matter of reigious doctrine but a matter of disobeying God who determines your future
Since the doctrine is based on God's words, you're splitting hairs.
3. There is nothing funny or absurd about eternal punishment.
Can you name a real life situation in which eternal torture for failure to believe in something wouldn't be considered absurdly unjust?

Last edited: