• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Britain

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
After Brexit we were promised "Global Britain"

What Britain now is is a laughing stock with such role models as Prince Andrew, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Jason Rees-Mogg ... I could go on

I am embarrassed to be British, although to be honest it is mainly an English problem.

So Britain and the US are world laughing stocks currently.

I wonder who would benefit from such an arrangement?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Ah...btw...
British citizens can still live in the EU.
Mick Jagger lives here so...

Brexit harmed no British citizen.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Ah...btw...
British citizens can still live in the EU.
Mick Jagger lives here so...

Brexit harmed no British citizen.
Wrong.
I cannot travel through borderless countries without showing my Blue Passport
If I know wanted to move to the EU it is much much harder
I no longer have free healthcare in the EU

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Wrong.
I cannot travel through borderless countries without showing my Blue Passport
If I know wanted to move to the EU it is much much harder
I no longer have free healthcare in the EU

This depends on the country.
In Italy nothing has changed for British citizens.
In Italy there is free healthcare for any European.

And btw...Norwegians and Swiss arent in the EU either.

I don't know about France or Germany.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I wonder if you guys are aware of how lucky you are...since you have a national currency and a national bank.
That is nothing to do with Brexit. We had that all along, thanks to John Major's farsightedness at Maastricht.

Just as we could have had black passports all along, if we had wanted, and we could have kept the crown mark on our pint beer glasses. And we could have had our own strategy for procuring Covid vaccines. Yet all these things are trumpeted by the Brexsh1tters as benefits of leaving the EU.

It's all lies. But then we have a congenital liar as our PM.:rolleyes:

Altfish

Veteran Member
This depends on the country.
In Italy nothing has changed for British citizens.
In Italy there is free healthcare for any European.

And btw...Norwegians and Swiss arent in the EU either.

I don't know about France or Germany.
Not according to the UK's governments website...
Healthcare for UK nationals living in Italy
... if you are resident in Italy but a UK citizen you MAY be afforded free healthcare funded by the UK government

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not according to the UK's governments website...
Healthcare for UK nationals living in Italy
... if you are resident in Italy but a UK citizen you MAY be afforded free healthcare funded by the UK government

The real reliable source is the Italian website.
Vademecum per i cittadini britannici e i loro familiari residenti in Italia

It says the carta di soggiorno that is valid for either 5 or 10 years is given to all those British citizens who enroll in the anagraphical register of a municipality.
That card gives access to the same public services Italians have. Italian NHS too.

kaninchen

if you are resident in Italy but a UK citizen you MAY be afforded free healthcare funded by the UK government

I think it was part of the Withdrawal Agreement and applied to people living in various EU countries before the end of 2020.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The real reliable source is the Italian website.
Vademecum per i cittadini britannici e i loro familiari residenti in Italia

It says the carta di soggiorno that is valid for either 5 or 10 years is given to all those British citizens who enroll in the anagraphical register of a municipality.
That card gives access to the same public services Italians have. Italian NHS too.
Yes, but if I go on holiday to Italy, it doesn't count. I have to take my own insurance out.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)

What Britain now is is a laughing stock with such role models as Prince Andrew, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Jason Rees-Mogg ... I could go on

I am embarrassed to be British, although to be honest it is mainly an English problem.

I'm hoping Nicola 'Braveheart' Sturgeon will invade lower England, supported by the Welsh bowmen, and Irish drunkards. They'll unseat Boris Longshanks, and stick his head on a pike.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'm hoping Nicola 'Braveheart' Sturgeon will invade lower England, supported by the Welsh bowmen, and Irish drunkards. They'll unseat Boris Longshanks, and stick his head on a pike.
I'll be on her side, in fact everywhere north of Stoke should become part of Scotland

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I'll be on her side, in fact everywhere north of Stoke should become part of Scotland

They're welcome to everything north of the Watford Gap, especially Newcastle, which is full of ruffians.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I don't really associate the people of a nation with the antics of their government. Otherwise folks in the US would be the worst of the lot.
Government is a necessary evil. Just something you have to learn to tolerate.

Altfish

Veteran Member
On holiday you need the NHS only for emergencies and the NHS is free for anyone in Italy. So for you too.
Please...
The wording on the UK Gov Page is ...

Apply for a GHIC
A GHIC lets you get medically necessary state healthcare in Europe at a reduced cost or sometimes for free.

If your EHIC is still in date, you do not need to apply for a new GHIC.

They’re both valid if you’re travelling to an EU country or, if you’re eligible, in Switzerland.

So if we apply for a new health card, it may be free ... but may not be.