• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Britain

Altfish

Veteran Member
After Brexit we were promised "Global Britain"

What Britain now is is a laughing stock with such role models as Prince Andrew, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Jason Rees-Mogg ... I could go on

I am embarrassed to be British, although to be honest it is mainly an English problem.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

What Britain now is is a laughing stock with such role models as Prince Andrew, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Jason Rees-Mogg ... I could go on

I am embarrassed to be British, although to be honest it is mainly an English problem.
It is sad that the tories will be ditching de Pfeffel well in time to persuade enough people to vote tory again with a different millionaire leader at the next GE.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
As a foreigner I can only say what we think of the British.:)
That they have always been luckier than us.
You got Brexit. Lucky you.

I mean...look at the Prime Ministers...
You have Boris...
We have...oh...my God...

Btw....I think Britain has always been very smart in all its decisions.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

You have Boris...
We have...oh...my God...

:facepalm:

Yes example prime minister's buffoon boris.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Not to mention the cricket team.......:D

I'll get out the champagne if they get rid of Bozo, though. Even Liz Truss, "The Schoolgirl That Time Forgot", would be preferable, imbecile remarks about cheese notwithstanding:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
You have Boris...
We have...oh...my God...
Why, weren't you satisfied with Salvini, back in 2019?
320px-Matteo_Salvini_Viminale.jpg

Doesn't he look dreamier than even Nigel Farage?

exchemist

Veteran Member
320px-Matteo_Salvini_Viminale.jpg

Doesn't he look dreamier than even Nigel Farage?
He certainly looks quite gay. :D

Draghi, by contrast, looks like a lizard. He has a real poker-player's face. Which, actually, is what you want, to do the job he did so well at the EU central bank.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity

I feel your pain. I know it's a bit selfish to say, but I'm grateful that you British people took the bullet for the rest of us.
If it weren't for Brexit, people here would still dream of leaving the EU.

Altfish

Veteran Member

You have Boris...
We have...oh...my God...

Btw....I think Britain has always been very smart in all its decisions.
You are showing your ignorance of Britain. We are controlled by Toffs who expect us to doff our caps and tug our forelock and know who is in charge.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

My Matthew as Prime Minister would be wonderful...
:p

Back to the topic...Brexit has been a miracle.
A divine thing. Thanks to Brexit, the lounge-loving and carefree élites of Brussels have got off their high horse, and they have understood they need to down a peg, otherwise other states will leave too.

Britain has so many potentialities. Canada, Australia...the realms of the Commonwealth are all its allies and economic partners.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I feel your pain. I know it's a bit selfish to say, but I'm grateful that you British people took the bullet for the rest of us.
If it weren't for Brexit, people here would still dream of leaving the EU.

Excuse me...I thought you were from UK.
Where are you from?

exchemist

Veteran Member

A divine thing. Thanks to Brexit, the lounge-loving and carefree élites of Brussels have got off their high horse, and they have understood they need to down a peg, otherwise other states will leave too.

Britain has so many potentialities. Canada, Australia...the realms of the Commonwealth are all its allies and economic partners.
Yes, I can imagine it will have had a salutary effect on the rest of the EU. They need to make the case to the people, not take them for granted.

But the UK will be significantly poorer, economically, as a result of leaving, its stature in the world will be (already is) diminished, and its political cohesion will be weakened. And, perhaps saddest of all, we've lost a lot of friends on the Continent. So it's a bad result all round for the UK.

Altfish

Veteran Member

List me the benefits of Brexit that after 5 and a half years are coming to pass.

Please use a separate page if you need it...

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, I can imagine it will have had a salutary effect on the rest of the EU. They need to make the case to the people, not take them for granted.

But the UK will be significantly poorer, economically, as a result of leaving, its stature in the world will be (already is) diminished, and its political cohesion will be weakened. And, perhaps saddest of all, we've lost a lot of friends on the Continent. So it's a bad result all round for the UK.

I wonder if you guys are aware of how lucky you are...since you have a national currency and a national bank.

anna.

but mostly it's the same

At least you're not responsible for Trump. That has to mean something!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
List me the benefits of Brexit that after 5 and a half years are coming to pass.

Please use a separate page if you need it...

1. Being free from Brussels.
2. Not oweing a pound to the gangs of Brussels.
3. Having the freedom of choice, as for political alliances
4. Being free from Germanocracy.
5. More controls at the borders.