• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving up on dating (why women are difficult to date today)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Right. I don't think these men naturally has misogynistic tendencies, I think it largely has to do with what you're talking about.

I think a lot of it might also be rooted in questioning and rejecting certain aspects of mainstream society. One common theme I've noticed in the manosphere is pointing out the double standards.

A common question might be "Why is it okay if women do X, but not okay if men do X?" That kind of thing is something that is harped upon constantly.

There are some who apparently want to return to the 1950s (or even further back before women had the right to vote), while there are others who claim to be egalitarian - while insisting on a consistent and literal interpretation of the phrase "gender equality." The first group would be ideological throwbacks and true misogynists who will likely become less relevant over time, but the latter group are of a different breed.

Right I know, but the problem today is there lacks responsibility among women of these types. I'm sure hardcore feminists like the Mackinnon's of the world would most certainly think that women of this type is the result of patriarchy.

I guess it's a chicken-egg question. I think there's a perception that society lets women slide if they act maliciously or irresponsible, which may be related to the complaint about double standards.

Eh I don't think the abusiveness of women prompted unfair treatment by men in power.

Other than that good post.

Well, again, it's probably a chicken-egg type question. There must be some reason why and how patriarchy came about. Is it just because men are stronger and therefore they get to be in charge? If so, human society probably never would have progressed beyond the Stone Age.