• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving up on dating (why women are difficult to date today)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So when a man writes in frustration it somehow defaults me into the reason why I don't get dates? If you must know the topic is why I choose not to date, not why I don't get dates. I can get sex and women anytime it's not the issue, my issue is the quality.
I get it. I do. You can 'pull' loads of women but you haven't got enough to attract your 'quality'.
So you can only pull 'low quality' women..... true?
That's sad, man.

I agree with this and have heard this before but never really took into consideration so I will take this advice.
Cool. It works. :)

But courting gestures are not universal and vary from woman to woman. If I lived in Lebanon how can I take courting gestures equivalent to the women I have seen in California?
No. Non-verbal-gestures vary from one culture to another. We Brits use gestures that we think are friendly but which could cause a fight in a Med country! :)
But Body Language is surprisingly similar throughout the World, or so I have read, and remote tribes's have similar BL to any other folks. So separate NVGs from Body Language.
It's remarkable reading and study, honest.

So wait? I have to consider a woman's pain and judgement all because she continues to not heal herself and therefore I'm to understand why I'm being compared to her past and I'm supposed to be okay with that?
But the 'Quality' women are giving you good distance.... true? You can't pull a 'quality' woman, and that might be because they all think you are poor material.... with no consideration...... possible?
Get empathic and cut out the ego and they might consider you.
..... might......

I keep forgetting the demographic that is replying here....Sheesh....
And 'quality' women might be considering your demographic?
Honestly, the way you write about women you're going to be lonely.
:D

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Work....I am a clinician and work at a hospital. I date professional women. You see, men here don't think professional women can be like this but they are. I'm just talking about it online.

You should try a hobby or something. The hospital you work in has a quite messed up staff.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
This may not be seen as good advice, but it's the internet... So...

You don't actually have to be a quality person to attract what you consider a quality woman. You just have to be different. For example, I often sport a long beard. I may like it to some extent, but I get swarmed by lovers of the show Duck Dynasty. I've had better luck since I shaved.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
He has no problem finding good dates. The problem is what happens after that.
No Koldo............. he tells us that he cannot pull a decent date. All his dates are no good. See what he wrote to me...:-

I can get sex and women anytime it's not the issue, my issue is the quality.

Poor bloke..... we can but try to help....... :shrug:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's too late for you, Revolting.
I'm not offering you any of my fountain of knowledge.
Remember.... your Missus has deadly hands and feet.
Keep healthy....! :D
Sure, she knows kung fu.
But my hands are "deadly" according to government.
Mrs Revolt bore witness to them pronounced so.

Milton Platt

I realize many of the people on these forums are a lot older than me and are married with grand children, but when I speak on my experiences I'm referencing what I've experienced and by no means what I say is universal to the experiences of others or women who've I never met. When I say dating sucks, it really does suck. In some small way I understand why some men create groups like MGTOW or create Incel groups. I think with the advent of technology such as social media, human beings are increasingly less inclined to mentally know their partner or value relationships. But I also think the standards in how we value each other have changed and have become unfair. Although celebrity relationships aren't necessarily reflective on everyday relationships, I do feel women like Miley Cyrus a self declared pan-sexual who married Liam Hemsworth, on social media kissing another woman and in response to her split have the audacity to have these care free quotes about being yourself. I see this everyday in the women I meet. It's like how do you get involved in a serious marriage, split, then take pictures as if you are living a care free life although knowing the other person you married is hurt? I heard some people say that women today are acting like men which is really not something I find even fair to us men because many of us don't behave like that.

I really feel like it really is unfair to some men when it comes to the dating pool because now the standards of courting has shifted. I'm always bombarded with women who feel the need to value my manhood based on their own unrealistic standards. For example, a woman doesn't have to have a car, but a man does. A woman can live at home with her parents, but a man shouldn't. A woman doesn't have to work and be on government assistance, but a man shouldn't. In my dating experience I've dated the car less, house less, job less, and even the immature. I think I've compromised certain values I hold dear all because I want to overlook my own values to get to know the person. But it not only has damaged my perspective of dating but I'm increasingly realizing that mentally there are a lot of women that don't have their s**** together mentally.

Now, I'm not making a universal judgment but simply based on what I've encountered, there are far too many women who are mentally damaged by their last relationship, and unfortunately tend to view men who they've encountered, and unconsciously judge the present man based on the last man. I was told by a friend of mine to "not look and let them come to you" but in those types of truisms I don't see how me intentionally not searching for something makes something come to me and even if that is true is it compatible? I swear nowadays women want a man that is 6'6 making six figures with a 12 inch member. These unrealistic standards women have, and women not being honest with themselves is really making the dating pool hard

Yes, there is underlying truth to much of what you have said about expectations. But then you have to realize that those standards were encouraged by men through centuries of male-dominated societies......and around and around we go.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sure, she knows kung fu.
But my hands are "deadly" according to government.
Mrs Revolt bore witness to them pronounced so.

I got to know many lovely women at the swimming pool.
I go swimming on weekday mornings and before long I was on chatting terms with several.

Do you think we should advise the OP to go swimming regularly? I wonder if he can swim? Where I go swimming the people are either athletics, in physical therapy or just bright folks.

Not every man wants a bright woman. Bright women can't half embarrass a slow bloke. OK..... don't tell me.... your Missus is very very bright (and you can keep up with her). :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I got to know many lovely women at the swimming pool.
I go swimming on weekday mornings and before long I was on chatting terms with several.

Do you think we should advise the OP to go swimming regularly? I wonder if he can swim? Where I go swimming the people are either athletics, in physical therapy or just bright folks.

Not every man wants a bright woman. Bright women can't half embarrass a slow bloke. OK..... don't tell me.... your Missus is very very bright (and you can keep up with her). :D
The OP doesn't take my advice.
(I'm being ignored.)