• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving the Devil His Due

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
nay again

approval would negate resolve
Nah.
An omnipotent omniscient being is responsible for all that occurs.
Your God is one smiteful fellow, what with all the wars, cancers,
plagues, murders, tortures, rapes, thefts, pollution, extinctions,
frauds, pain, suffering, starvation, pogroms, & extended warranties.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nah.
An omnipotent omniscient being is responsible for all that occurs.
Your God is one smiteful fellow, what with all the wars, cancers,
plagues, murders, tortures, rapes, thefts, pollution, extinctions,
frauds, pain, suffering, starvation, pogroms, & extended warranties.
and you assume He doesn't understand what He is doing?

and I think you assume too much

God gave Man dominion

and the Devil is messing with it

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
and you assume He doesn't understand what He is doing?
Au contraire!
I assume the premise that God knows all, & can do anything,
ie, omniscience & omnipotence. His choice to let Satan do as
he's accused of doing is not only with approval, but by design.
(This is cuz God created Satan to be this way.)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Au contraire!
I assume the premise that God knows all, & can do anything,
ie, omniscience & omnipotence. His choice to let Satan do as
he's accused of doing is not only with approval, but by design.
(This is cuz God created Satan to be this way.)
nay....more likely

God goes about creating.....that is what He does
and the Devil wants the same.....

no

and so the division begins

I believe there is One Creator
the Devil seeks to undo as much as he can

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
nay....more likely

God goes about creating.....that is what He does
and the Devil wants the same.....

no

and so the division begins

I believe there is One Creator
the Devil seeks to undo as much as he can
God created Satan, knowing full what Satan would want & do.
Unless....do you claim that God is not omniscient & omnipotent?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
God created Satan, knowing full what Satan would want & do.
Unless....do you claim that God is not omniscient & omnipotent?
fully powerful.....as Creator
all knowing......fully aware

But I believe He is moving with us

He can predict tomorrow better than we can
He has seen more of them

but you can surprise Him

you could learn to believe

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I typically list attributes when asked to describe God

I have not attempted the same for the Devil

but now I am tempted

how about a little help?

got some manner to make recognition?
some outstanding attribute?.....only the Devil might be
If you run into someone who works in the White House, listens to Pat Robertson, offers you a cigarette, a Hershey's Take Five and a Coke, assures you global warming is bunkum, says he doesn't know why the cops don't just shoot the lot, and that your rights are being violated by Covid restrictions, be on your toes.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Many times. That's why I understand it, unlike you.

:facepalm:

And your evidence for making such a bold an personal guess of which you are completely clueless of my knowledge of the bible.is what?

Oh right, you have none. Cool

eik

:facepalm:

And your evidence for making such a bold an personal guess of which you are completely clueless of my knowledge of the bible.is what?

Oh right, you have none. Cool
You think God is a murderer. That's the only evidence that I need to think you haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Let's begin at beginning. We're talking about "God:" not a human being, a pagan idol, an angel, a "sky faeiry" or some political world power. We're talking about the one who created everything including you and everyone else, and who has determined everything about every life from the moment of birth to the moment of death, even before birth. We're about the creator of all things.

And you say, God is a committer of genocide (you said: what devil would commit genocide out of peevish pique?"). Is the creator subject to human law? Who subjected him? If you want to have a conversation about grown up things, you must realize what you're dealing with, as an a priori issue. It you insist on pretending God is subject to your feeble ideas of political correctness, I guarantee you will never known him.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If you run into someone who works in the White House, listens to Pat Robertson, offers you a cigarette, a Hershey's Take Five and a Coke, assures you global warming is bunkum, says he doesn't know why the cops don't just shoot the lot, and that your rights are being violated by Covid restrictions, be on your toes.
apparently.....you have met the Devil

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I've always posted .....God cannot be tricked or cheated
too much experience

how about the Devil?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's the only evidence that I need to think you haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking about.

As i asked, have you read the bible, your god is responsible for millions of deaths. You can make any excuses you like, it does not change the fact

Let's begin at beginning. We're talking about "God:" not a human being,

So? Does being a god (in your mind) absolve murder?

And you say, God is a committer of genocide (you said: what devil would commit genocide out of peevish pique?").

The bible states that not only did your god kill the entire human race out peevish pique by deliberately flooding the earth he killed all life including innocent unborn fetus's, planets, etc. How much genocide do you want?

We're talking about the one who created everything including you and everyone else,

Evidence please

who has determined everything about every life from the moment of birth to the moment of death

Evidence please

We're about the creator of all things.

Evidence please

Is the creator subject to human law?

First you need to provide evidence for your gods existence before you can begin absolving him of genocide

, I guarantee you will never known him.

Been there, good Christians drove me away, it was while searching for their reason for their ignorance and hatred that i discovered the reasons in the bible and i see the tradition continues.

eik

Evidence please
Evidence please
Evidence please
First you need to provide evidence for your gods existence before you can begin absolving him of genocide
You're looking at it all the wrong way. God is defined as someone who is axiomatically released from any charge of "genocide" because he is the author of life itself.

It's important to grasp that your life was given to you by one greater than you, rather than being your inherent possession.

Been there, good Christians drove me away, it was while searching for their reason for their ignorance and hatred that i discovered the reasons in the bible and i see the tradition continues.
No, Christians didn't drive you from God (although I'll admit that hypocrisy is always distateful but I have no evidence of it at present). You actually drove away from God yourself, because you were naturally alienated. Every sinner has an intense antipathy for God, as to which you are not an exception. Martin Luther himself at one point declared before he was converted, "I hate this righteous God," because he was a "sinner to the core." Deep deep down in his heart he hated the judgements and ways of God. But then he discovered that God had provided an easy means of reconciliation and enlightenment for ignorant sinners by faith. Acceptance of which must entail faith in a bigger God than yourself.

To posit oneself as the ultimate arbiter between right and wrong is a sure sign of a slippery grasp on reality. One of the tribes who God ordered to be wiped out were the Amalekites who were the sworn enemies of Israel and had attacked them without warning. They were themselves genocidal maniacs. Same went for other tribes who chose to wage war against Israel in a strategy of "total war" and so invited extermination.

So even though the judgements of God may appear unjust by the wisperings of the devil, they will certainly prevail on the coming day of judgement.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's important to grasp that your life was given to you by one greater than you, rather than being your inherent possession.
and the Devil might be aware of this

so Job would say.....the Lord gives
the Lord takes away

we assume the devil does not agree?