• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving The Devil His Due

jasonwill2

That could be true, but honestly... You want my choice of the hardest one to out of the list... I would say that it is #2! Most Satanists are either natural misanthropes, or simply completely selfish. I don't exclude myself from that analysis as I have a natural hatred of humanity and its triviality. When LaVey spoke of these selfish notions he was merely ripping off Rand, Nietzsche, and Redbeard. It sounded good to him and made good book copy but it was completely plagiarized without credit to where it came from. The only part NOT ripped off in TSB is the Satanic Statements the rest of it is from other books -- cobbled together. The exercise of #2 is the hardest one -- the one where you stop becoming a spiritual douche bag (as instructed to be in TSB) and come out of the shadows and expose the merits of your beliefs with someone else. I was clear to say that this shouldn't be done in a preachy or offensive way -- if your path is so great why not let others have the choice to see if they like it? The best way is to demonstrate it... This is why churches have little trouble recruiting -- no one has a problem if someone brings their Jewish friend to the church. We need to stop thinking in a small-minded snobby fashion.

This #2 is a hidden bombshell... It exposes to society that you aren't a baby murdering psychopath, and that your spirituality and life philosophy are healthy and helpful to others. It is OK to be alpha mentality, but bad to be a lone wolf. Even the wolf is happy to rear a pup the correct way -- don't forget where you are and how you got here; realize that if others had the information you had they may have arrived at the same point as yourself. Refusing to share some of that with others is basically robbing them of the chance to evaluate the information. Stupidity is really our greatest enemy -- so let's stop helping it eh?

Forgot number two lol. Yes, helping others that really need it via magic is a good way as well. I agree with virtually everything you said there, though the rearing a pup thing sounds out of place, unless they ask for guidance but at a certain point one must discover things for themselves because our path is so individualized to one's own desires, aspirations, and spiritual needs. The same way no two people play a game, whether sport, video game, or board game the exact same way as everyone else, so must a person determine the style and ways that suit them best, as well as their own personal revelations about themselves. You can only help someone so much before they must go on further with their own intuition and self-discovery on the Satanic Path, whether left or right.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Forgot number two lol. Yes, helping others that really need it via magic is a good way as well. I agree with virtually everything you said there, though the rearing a pup thing sounds out of place, unless they ask for guidance but at a certain point one must discover things for themselves because our path is so individualized to one's own desires, aspirations, and spiritual needs. The same way no two people play a game, whether sport, video game, or board game the exact same way as everyone else, so must a person determine the style and ways that suit them best, as well as their own personal revelations about themselves. You can only help someone so much before they must go on further with their own intuition and self-discovery on the Satanic Path, whether left or right.

All intelligent people are seeking guidance man it nearly is a law of the universe. When I was commenting on the alpha wolf crap I was merely illustrating that it usually is being taken to the degree of retarded. Wolves don't cannibalize their own kind, and many of the left hand path seem to have no problem with that. Nothing is wrong with making someone aware of their commonality to you, or even admiring what you are doing. Most people whom are so-called Satanists forget this concept entirely... All spiritual work is individual anyway, but you can show people techniques and provide resources... What is really wrong with being helpful? I personally can never figure that out myself. My theory is the people whom have true power know that it cannot be eroded by sharing it. It's all mind games, smoke, and mirrors I guess.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Been thinking about this a bit and I realized something -- if your magic works it doesn't matter if anyone knows. What exactly will they be able to do to stop it? I mean common sense here with the fact that if you are trying to magic yourself a raise at work it isn't advisable to clue the boss or coworkers in on that, but even if you did they probably wouldn't believe it and laugh it off. When you are cursing people it helps if they know they are cursed -- it magnifies it at least a hundred times over, and with healing type magic the person being aware of it makes them receptive and it works even better in my experience. Whether or not they believe in your magic or not changes nothing -- it'll work if it is done properly. The only time I keep it to myself it when I know one person could twist the situation against me directly or something. But, in most cases they can't -- it is probably a poignant reminder that they typically don't believe it has been worked on them until it is too late. Next time they just decide not to be a jerk to you and you won't have any reason.

I hear you Mindmaster, I understand and agree with most of what you say above. I am just stating that in my experience some of our Magics are best kept a Secret, else it could tip the balance of the working in an undesired way. Practicing Magick, LHP Magic in particular, can be at times like being an Alchemist mixing volatile chemicals.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\