• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving LHP names to kittens!

Kapalika

Premium Member
So uh, first a small defensive thing... Okay so my 2 other cats were fixed, but an ex-roommate left behind a cat that he told me he had gotten fixed. A few weeks ago I realized he probably lied, then about a week or two ago I knew for sure.

So anyways fast forward to today and I learn she gave birth to 4 kittens. I'm not sure about the runt but the other 3 look healthy. They are all about a day to 2 days old.

Anyways I've always wanted to name a cat after something Satanic or occulty or whatever... but I always ended up adopting adult cats. But now is my chance! I don't want it to be too tacky or on the nose like "Lilith" or stuff like that. Maybe something more subtle?

If you guys got any ideas I'd like to hear them, since I'm drawing a total blank slate. Everything I can think of is either tacky or on the nose like I'm trying to avoid >.>

Also, they are all gray tabbies, since I almost forgot to say. I can upload pictures later when they are not sleeping if anyone wants. I don't want to disturb them as much as possible.

EDIT:

Mom cat curled around her babies and are in a well insulated box so it was hard to get a shot, only managed this one of a kitten. They basically all look like that except for the runt who has more white on his head:

http://i.imgur.com/ghCQnYd.jpg

They all look just like that, except for the runt which has a slightly different shaped head and more white.

This is a picture of the mom cat:

http://i.imgur.com/9lSjQpn.jpg

I will try to get better pictures later when it's more light out.

Last edited:

Liu

@EtuMalku xD It's not the first comment after the calm, though.

@Mandi I think pictures would really help to find proper names.

But, if it's supposed to be subtle - why not use names of some Goetic demons or something that are so less-known that only other occultists would recognize them? Or that are also general names at the same time, like in the case of Amy?
And, I guess I don't need tell you, but better use names of entities that you have at least studied a bit, not just something random from a list.

Kapalika

Premium Member
After months of no posts, this is what we get on the LHP Forum . . . kittens?

Then I take it that you don't like the fact that i've kept an eye out for a shirt like this that's actually in stock on clothes stores before?:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0161/9820/products/AKHSTEE_large.jpg?v=1380842417

Really dude lighten up. Being LHP doesn't mean we have to be edgy 24/7. We can appreciate adorable, vicious and effective killing machines in the making and give them cool names to boot.

But seriously house cats are apex predators and have driven entire species to extinction before. I've had cats bring half dead mice to me and play with it in my bed as it was terrified for it's life and had other cats bring me multiple dead birds back before. So cats are pretty badarse too.

Either way I totally intend to FINALLY cross this off my bucket list by naming living entities something that will glorify Satan. Oh! I planned to get them all tags, so maybe I could have little sigils etched on them to give them good luck and protection when on the hunt when they get older.

EDIT:

Also something that came to mind... cats are kind of like mini magicians in getting people to take care of them at all when all they do is sit around (unless they are mousers). Fiercely independent, but yet know how to coax us into giving them what they want or need. They charm us all the time and are indulgent, dedicate lots of time to self care (cleaning, grooming) and operate on lex talonis more so than something like dogs who are pack/herd animals. A cat doesn't do anything it doesn't want to, and demands respect.

Cats are Left Hand Path... Dogs are Right Hand Path. If there is anyway to associate them, that's how it is. All hail our cat overlords!

@EtuMalku xD It's not the first comment after the calm, though.

@Mandi I think pictures would really help to find proper names.

But, if it's supposed to be subtle - why not use names of some Goetic demons or something that are so less-known that only other occultists would recognize them? Or that are also general names at the same time, like in the case of Amy?
And, I guess I don't need tell you, but better use names of entities that you have at least studied a bit, not just something random from a list.

That's a good idea. Maybe for example if a boy turns out to be mischievous I could name him Andras. I just helped the mom make a better nest by getting a box and insulating it with like 8 layers of old sheets with doubled up tarp all around it to keep it dry and more insulated... so it was hard to get a shot, but I got one good picture before mom curled around the babies in such a way to make getting any pic impossible.

They all look just like that, except for the runt which has a slightly different shaped head and more white.

I can try to get better pictures when it's more light out.and mom isn't curling around them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liu

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Female names: Na'amah, Asherah, Nuit, Lahamu, Kali, Eris
Male names: Enki, Kingu, Pazuzu, Nabu, Nergal, Loki, Ymir

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Then I take it that you don't like the fact that i've kept an eye out for a shirt like this that's actually in stock on clothes stores before?:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0161/9820/products/AKHSTEE_large.jpg?v=1380842417

Really dude lighten up. Being LHP doesn't mean we have to be edgy 24/7. We can appreciate adorable, vicious and effective killing machines in the making and give them cool names to boot.

But seriously house cats are apex predators and have driven entire species to extinction before. I've had cats bring half dead mice to me and play with it in my bed as it was terrified for it's life and had other cats bring me multiple dead birds back before. So cats are pretty badarse too.

Either way I totally intend to FINALLY cross this off my bucket list by naming living entities something that will glorify Satan. Oh! I planned to get them all tags, so maybe I could have little sigils etched on them to give them good luck and protection when on the hunt when they get older.

EDIT:

Also something that came to mind... cats are kind of like mini magicians in getting people to take care of them at all when all they do is sit around (unless they are mousers). Fiercely independent, but yet know how to coax us into giving them what they want or need. They charm us all the time and are indulgent, dedicate lots of time to self care (cleaning, grooming) and operate on lex talonis more so than something like dogs who are pack/herd animals. A cat doesn't do anything it doesn't want to, and demands respect.

Cats are Left Hand Path... Dogs are Right Hand Path. If there is anyway to associate them, that's how it is. All hail our cat overlords!

That's a good idea. Maybe for example if a boy turns out to be mischievous I could name him Andras. I just helped the mom make a better nest by getting a box and insulating it with like 8 layers of old sheets with doubled up tarp all around it to keep it dry and more insulated... so it was hard to get a shot, but I got one good picture before mom curled around the babies in such a way to make getting any pic impossible.

I can try to get better pictures when it's more light out.and mom isn't curling around them.
I was making light of the silliness, don't get yer panties in a bunch.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
If you're still having trouble choosing names, one not-so-obvious male name I can think of is Cain. It's the name of one of the princes of hell in demonology, I believe. Somewhat occult-y and imo a nice sounding name, common enough to not be on-the-nose. I can't think of many female names that aren't obvious.

Liu

If you're still having trouble choosing names, one not-so-obvious male name I can think of is Cain. It's the name of one of the princes of hell in demonology, I believe. Somewhat occult-y and imo a nice sounding name, common enough to not be on-the-nose. I can't think of many female names that aren't obvious.
Dunno about a demon of that name, but first and foremost, it's the name of one of the children of Adam and Eve - don't you know the story of Cain and Abel? It's actually fairly popular among LHPers.
And it seems to me an almost even more "standard" name than Lilith. Pretty much any Christian fundi would recognize it.

But regarding further other name ideas... one idea would be to use occult terms instead of actual names. I mean, just as an example, hardly any non-occultist would get it if you name a kitty "Xeper".

crossfire

Premium Member
Dunno about a demon of that name, but first and foremost, it's the name of one of the children of Adam and Eve - don't you know the story of Cain and Abel? It's actually fairly popular among LHPers.
And it seems to me an almost even more "standard" name than Lilith. Pretty much any Christian fundi would recognize it.

But regarding further other name ideas... one idea would be to use occult terms instead of actual names. I mean, just as an example, hardly any non-occultist would get it if you name a kitty "Xeper".
How many occultists would recognize the pronounced "Keffer" as "Xeper?" ;)

Liu

How many occultists would recognize the pronounced "Keffer" as "Xeper?" ;)
Me, since I know it from song lyrics, and not only from written texts. Unless I'd suspect the kitty was named after the German word for 'bug', "Käfer", which is pronounced more or less the same.
But you have a point, and it was merely an example.

crossfire

Premium Member
Me, since I know it from song lyrics, and not only from written texts. Unless I'd suspect the kitty was named after the German word for 'bug', "Käfer", which is pronounced more or less the same.
But you have a point, and it was merely an example.
Nice wordplay! Käfer--Xeper! :)
EuphoriaFulg1b.jpg

Kapalika

Premium Member
Hm... so Enki and Xeper look like good ones I've heard suggested so far. Also, someone suggested I use rune names so Isa might be a good girl's name. I think I settled on naming one Enki. I might still name one Andras if they are mischievous enough.

Updated pic I took when mom was eating so that you can actually make them out, 4th is off to the side, but is okay and rejoined the others in the pile later when I checked later in the day when feeding mom again:

http://i.imgur.com/tI9iSxR.jpg

All seem to be doing fine, I'm glad that she didn't loose any kittens. She's a first time mother and I've never taken care of a cat that had kittens so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

To give you a short story from my own understanding after Lilith became lovers with the fallen angel Sammael, Adam had his second wife Eve, Samael mounted onto eve bearing with them an offspring by the name of Cain who is known as the blacksmith or forger. In my opinion Cain gives the spark of the Black Flame. I am not terribly familiar on how Abel came to be with the methodology fully. But I regard my own methodology to be Satanic Methodology.

Kapalika

Premium Member
But Cain was a farmer. He offered Yahweh fruits and vegetables and Yahweh wasn't having any of that nonsense.

Abel was probably also the guy who hates you for having pineapple on your pizza too. But what he and many forget is that you need to add Jalapenos or something spicy you can't just have pineapples alone. So I can't blame Cain for murdering him.

On a serious note I just realized that Cain and Abel disprove, with the Bible alone, the idea that some Christians have that nothing ate meat before the Flood. But they would probably just say they killed it and didn't eat it or something as equally silly.

It also brings to mind why Yahweh would make a vegetarian paradise that was Eden, then hate the ONE GUY who actually brings him what would be the least fallen/sinful way to eat. You can't win with that guy.

crossfire

Premium Member
Cain and Abel represent the rise in violence surrounding the rise of agriculture, imo. Adam and Eve were hunter-gatherers, Abel was a nomadic-herder, and Cain was a farmer. When agriculture began, people could gather wealth because they were settled in one place and didn't have to carry everything around. This gathering of wealth made them an attractive target for raiding by nomads and hunter-gatherers--which explains the increase in violence surrounding the rise of agriculture. As a defense against raiders, fortified cities began to appear, and the city dwellers started take up specialty trades like blacksmithing and music music, along with societal reorganization like military and patriarchal society, etc. (This is only my opinion, however.)

Neolithic Revolution - Wikipedia

Kapalika

Premium Member
Cain and Abel represent the rise in violence surrounding the rise of agriculture, imo. Adam and Eve were hunter-gatherers, Abel was a nomadic-herder, and Cain was a farmer. When agriculture began, people could gather wealth because they were settled in one place and didn't have to carry everything around. This gathering of wealth made them an attractive target for raiding by nomads and hunter-gatherers--which explains the increase in violence surrounding the rise of agriculture. As a defense against raiders, fortified cities began to appear, and the city dwellers started take up specialty trades like blacksmithing and music music, along with societal reorganization like military and patriarchal society, etc. (This is only my opinion, however.)

Neolithic Revolution - Wikipedia

Wow that's actually pretty deep, I hadn't ever seen it like that before.

Liu

The only longer interpretation of the Cain and Abel story by Satanists I'm aware of is the one by someone related to the MLO (Liber Falxifer 1 & 2), and he interprets Cain to stand not for agriculture but for hunter-gatherers and herbology. Makes more sense from their anti-cosmic perspective. Agriculture feels a tad to nomistic and social.

But your mileage may vary, I consider both interpretations valid as UPGs, and depending on what you work with it can both lead to good results, I would suppose.

On a serious note I just realized that Cain and Abel disprove, with the Bible alone, the idea that some Christians have that nothing ate meat before the Flood. But they would probably just say they killed it and didn't eat it or something as equally silly.

It also brings to mind why Yahweh would make a vegetarian paradise that was Eden, then hate the ONE GUY who actually brings him what would be the least fallen/sinful way to eat. You can't win with that guy.
Loool. Nice find.
Well, admittedly, the bible doesn't mention, I think, that they ate the meat themselves, they only sacrificed it. In other words, meat-eating was reserved to God.

crossfire

Premium Member
Wow that's actually pretty deep, I hadn't ever seen it like that before.
Once agriculture and animal husbandry started, there was no going back to being hunter-gatherers in Eden--as the hunter-gatherers didn't recognize "this tree" as exclusively belonging to "that person," (forbidden fruit--touch it and you will die!) or "this herd of animals" as exclusively belonging to "that person." Just imagine the strife that occurred when the herders' animals ate up all of the farmers' grain crops!