• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gita Jayanti Message from Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste

Thank you for sharing this!

I had met with the Congress woman months ago at a HAF event, and she is even more beautiful in heart and in person than in video. I hope the significance of her Gita Jayanti message, and all of her messages to Americans as a US representative to the American people, sinks in and is understood. She is a powerful US elected official, and she speaks the words of Hinduism. Outside of some examples of politicians in India, where else in the world do you find such an example of a political leader openly speaking of and praising Hinduism as their own faith? Slim to none. But yet, we now see this in America. Here we also see her taking the oath and shaking the hands of Speaker Boehner who is probably the fourth most powerful US representative of America.

Someone asked, the Gita shown, is it the translation by Prabhupad?

The answer is yes. Just think of the great impact Prabhupad has made in America. I am not ISKCON, and think what you may of ISKCON in America, but one thing for sure, compare your impact to the world against this moment and consider who is small and what is the banyan tree.

The world is not what you think, it is both larger than your immediate surroundings as well as closer to everyone across boundaries.

What a fantastic, and significant moment in history.

Om Namah Sivaya

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Is she ISKCON?

No. She is a proud Hindu first, then ISKCON. :)

She has the Gita As it is Translation in the video.

At least it is a Hindu scripture that is being recited or stated in the video. Look how far we have come as Hindus of this Earth! We have a Hawaiian Hindu!

: hamster : : hamster : : hamster :

EDIT: Did I forget to mention that Tulsi-ji is a US Congresswoman!!!!!!!?????

: hamster : : hamster : : hamster : : hamster :

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
b.t.w. I would add, do not think she is not having some influence upon other politicians and their hearts. That is the other amazing thing. She is touching the heart and mind of others. You have to be in the "field of battle" to personally communicate into the direct eyes of others. She is right there, on the field. Almost like Arjuna. And where are you standing? She is looking into the eyes of some of the most powerful people in the world.

All Hindus have a duty. One role is to be the advisors of men, ambassadors of the powerful.

She is now that. Do not discount or dismiss power. Understand it as a tool, make it work well.

Om Namah Sivaya

Last edited: