• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Girls Sue To Block Participation Of Transgender Athletes"

Skwim

Veteran Member

"HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The families of three female high school runners filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to block transgender athletes in Connecticut from participating in girls sports.

Selina Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School, Chelsea Mitchell, a senior at Canton High School and Alanna Smith, a sophomore at Danbury High School are represented by the conservative nonprofit organization Alliance Defending Freedom. They argue that allowing athletes with male anatomy to compete has deprived them of track titles and scholarship opportunities.

“Mentally and physically, we know the outcome before the race even starts,” said Smith, who is the daughter of former Major League pitcher Lee Smith. “That biological unfairness doesn’t go away because of what someone believes about gender identity. All girls deserve the chance to compete on a level playing field.”

The lawsuit was filed against the Connecticut Association of Schools-Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and the boards of education in Bloomfield, Cromwell, Glastonbury, Canton and Danbury.

“Forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” attorney Christiana Holcomb said. “Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

The lawsuit centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their cisgender competitors.

The two seniors have combined to win 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit.

The three plaintiffs have competed directly against them, almost always losing to Miller and usually behind Yearwood. Mitchell finished third in the 2019 state championship in the girls 55-meter indoor track competition behind Miller and Yearwood.

“I have faced discrimination in every aspect of my life and I no longer want to remain silent,” Miller said. “I am a girl and I am a runner. I participate in athletics just like my peers to excel, find community, and meaning in my life. It is both unfair and painful that my victories have to be attacked and my hard work ignored.”

Yearwood said she also is a girl and has been hurt by the efforts to “tear down my successes.”
source

I have to agree with the plaintiffs. Regardless of any hormones Miller and Yearwood may have taken to modify their physique I find it difficult to believe they wiped out all the advantages male testosterone gave the two before they switched genders. In fact, it's been shown that 75% of transgender women fail to suppress testosterone, which, strength and endurance wise, leaves them with an unfair advantage over natural born females.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

"HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The families of three female high school runners filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to block transgender athletes in Connecticut from participating in girls sports.

Selina Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School, Chelsea Mitchell, a senior at Canton High School and Alanna Smith, a sophomore at Danbury High School are represented by the conservative nonprofit organization Alliance Defending Freedom. They argue that allowing athletes with male anatomy to compete has deprived them of track titles and scholarship opportunities.

“Mentally and physically, we know the outcome before the race even starts,” said Smith, who is the daughter of former Major League pitcher Lee Smith. “That biological unfairness doesn’t go away because of what someone believes about gender identity. All girls deserve the chance to compete on a level playing field.”

The lawsuit was filed against the Connecticut Association of Schools-Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and the boards of education in Bloomfield, Cromwell, Glastonbury, Canton and Danbury.

“Forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” attorney Christiana Holcomb said. “Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

The lawsuit centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their cisgender competitors.

The two seniors have combined to win 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit.

The three plaintiffs have competed directly against them, almost always losing to Miller and usually behind Yearwood. Mitchell finished third in the 2019 state championship in the girls 55-meter indoor track competition behind Miller and Yearwood.

“I have faced discrimination in every aspect of my life and I no longer want to remain silent,” Miller said. “I am a girl and I am a runner. I participate in athletics just like my peers to excel, find community, and meaning in my life. It is both unfair and painful that my victories have to be attacked and my hard work ignored.”

Yearwood said she also is a girl and has been hurt by the efforts to “tear down my successes.”
source

I have to agree with the plaintiffs. Regardless of any hormones Miller and Yearwood may have taken to modify their physique I find it difficult to believe they wiped out all the advantages male testosterone gave the two girls before they switched genders. In fact, it's been shown that 75% of transgender women fail to suppress testosterone, which, strength and endurance wise, leaves them with an unfair advantage over naturally born females.

While I have nothing against transgender, I will continue to be adamant that they will never ever be truly female or male opposite what they were born.

I think it's time transgender people need to look at the reality directly in the face and simply stop kidding themselves.

Personally, I think it would be awesome to see a transgender league of their own.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I saw and heard the two girls...
Well...voice never lies...I do think their hormonal levels are not those of two cisgender females.

So if they want to compete with other females..maybe they should consider SRS...

It is not being wicked. The Italian law demands SRS for juridic and anagraphical change.

epronovost

Personally, I think it would be awesome to see a transgender league of their own.

I don't think there is enough transwomen and transmen athletes to create sports leagues and athletic competition of note. From what I read on the subject, transwomen can compete fairly with cisgender women provided they have fully transitionned two years prior to competition, before that, they do have physical characteristics closer to those of heavily doped female athletes. The same is true for transmen.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

source

I have to agree with the plaintiffs. Regardless of any hormones Miller and Yearwood may have taken to modify their physique I find it difficult to believe they wiped out all the advantages male testosterone gave the two before they switched genders. In fact, it's been shown that 75% of transgender women fail to suppress testosterone, which, strength and endurance wise, leaves them with an unfair advantage over naturally born females.

Puberty blockers and then HRT with androgen blockers, if needed. Simple.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think it's time transgender people need to look at the reality directly in the face and simply stop kidding themselves.
:facepalm:

Because we're totally not reminded of the differences pretty much every minute of our lives by society. It's called dysphoria. I know full well what I am, though, and I get cis men who are jealous of me and made insecure by me.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've not read anything about when the muscles etc of trans people changes to the other gender during HRT compared to @epronovost so I'll tentatively accept the two year statement.

But I'd tend to lean toward being very careful and if in doubt, not allow trans people to compete in their new gender especially if someone decided to stop HRT for a short time to build muscle to win. It's a tricky area.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've not read anything about when the muscles etc of trans people changes to the other gender during HRT compared to @epronovost so I'll tentatively accept the two year statement.

But I'd tend to lean toward being very careful and if in doubt, not allow trans people to compete in their new gender especially if someone decided to stop HRT for a short time to build muscle to win. It's a tricky area.
Again...I think only the removal of gonads enables permanent changes, endocrinologically and physically.