• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl versus woman

Shad

Veteran Member
Suppose there are two, 30 years old females.
One has been married for some years. The other has never been married nor ever been with a man sexually.
Now, they stand beside each other, and you are not told, which one is the married one, and which one is the virgin.
Question: are you able to distinguish who is the virgin, and who is the married woman only by looking at their appearance? If yes how?

I would start with looking at the ring finger. That is just me though.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
One has been married for some years. The other has never been married nor ever been with a man sexually.
Now, they stand beside each other, and you are not told, which one is the married one, and which one is the virgin.
Question: are you able to distinguish who is the virgin, and who is the married woman only by looking at their appearance? If yes how?

I thought about responding with humor but couldn't figure out how to do so without being pretty offensive.

Does it matter? Or why does it matter? It is kind of misogynistic how much focus we have put on this in the past. Not being judgemental but just thinking how messed up we are.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Why is it important?

And can you tell the corollary difference between 2 males of a similar age? Or is that question not important to you?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I thought about responding with humor but couldn't figure out how to do so without being pretty offensive.

Does it matter? Or why does it matter? It is kind of misogynistic how much focus we have put on this in the past. Not being judgemental but just thinking how messed up we are.

It's not 'we', its how messed up some people are. Lots of folks would (could?) never go to such topics.