• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

Booko

Deviled Hen
MysticSang'ha said:
Always been a big fan of Denzel. Did you go see the "bank heist" movie with him and Jodie Foster?

Oh yes...it was really good too.

We also went to see MI:3 today. We were just on a movie roll, I guess.

I can't wait for X-men 3 to come out.

Say, does anyone else give nicknames to their favorite actors? My friend and I have a list. We hardly ever refer to some male actors by their proper names any more.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Booko said:

Me, too! Do you have a favorite character? *bounces happily* I love Nightcrawler, but I was kind of saddened by the way they presented him in the second movie.

Say, does anyone else give nicknames to their favorite actors? My friend and I have a list. We hardly ever refer to some male actors by their proper names any more.

Hmmm... It's not necessarily a nickname, but when I was growing up, I had some sort of dislike issue with Christian Slater. I called him "Weasel Face".

Dominic Monaghan, though, I like to call "Dommeh"!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Booko said:

*sighs* Viggo...........

He's the "Dunedain Sex God." "The Scruffy Ranger." At least those are the nicknames of Aragorn from LOTR.

Glad you liked the film you saw, Booko!

*sighs again* Aaaahhh, Viggo..........

Peace,
Mystic

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Booko said:

I watched the first two movies yesterday. :p When is the 3rd one due to be released?

Speaking of X-Men and nicknames...QTR and I call Hugh Jackman, "Huge". Cause if you run his first and last names together it sounds like his name is Huge Ackman...but it's just Huge for short. ;)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Buttons* & zombieharlot - it's never too late to join in! :p

Booko, before I forget...had a look at the supermarket the other day and couldn't find your Peak Freen's Digestive biscuits. They did have McVitie's Digestives tho...and some yummy looking chocolate coated ones that reminded me of Western's Chocolate Wheatons - which I loved as a kid. :p So maybe the old digestives aren't so bad after all. ;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Makeup? (I'm not the best for tips! *grin*)

I like wearing sparkly powder, though. It makes me... Hmm... I dunno how it makes me feel happy, but it does!

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Aww...that's cute. I'm not so much into the sparkles for myself. It's too typical of drag queens, I think. But whatever makes you feel happy is what's truly beautiful!:D ;) (corny but true)

evearael

So...when are we going to get to the part where we exchange makeup tips!?! Or did you do that in the earlier posts?
I should get you to teach me. I was always playing soccer and practicing martial arts growing up so I never learned a lot of the girly stuff... that and my mom was a hippie so she never really learned either.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
Me, too! Do you have a favorite character? *bounces happily* I love Nightcrawler, but I was kind of saddened by the way they presented him in the second movie.

I like Wolverine, because I like bad boys who are smartalecks. :)

I liked Nightcrawler a lot too, but I don't keep up with X-men outside of the movies. My brother did, but I was off reading Conan comix mostly.

How did they present Nightcrawler different in the movie than they do elsewhere?

Hmmm... It's not necessarily a nickname, but when I was growing up, I had some sort of dislike issue with Christian Slater. I called him "Weasel Face".

Dominic Monaghan, though, I like to call "Dommeh"!

We call Hugh Jackman "snookums"
Viggo Mortenson "cutie pie"
George Clooney "hubba hubba"
Johnny Depp "hey, sailor!"
Orlando Bloom is just "the elf"
Denzel Washington is "marry me!"

Those are a few, anyway.

My husband laughs uncontrollably when my friend and I discuss movies we like or want to see. :)

"Hubba hubba at 200 hours. Be there. Aloha"

Booko

Deviled Hen
MysticSang'ha said:
*sighs* Viggo...........

He's the "Dunedain Sex God." "The Scruffy Ranger." At least those are the nicknames of Aragorn from LOTR.
Ooh, Dunedain Sex God...I like that!

I have Aragorn as my backgrond on the laptop. It's one from ROTK.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bastet said:
I watched the first two movies yesterday. :p When is the 3rd one due to be released?

May 26th in the US. I don't know if it'll be the same date in Australia, but probably it is.

Speaking of X-Men and nicknames...QTR and I call Hugh Jackman, "Huge". Cause if you run his first and last names together it sounds like his name is Huge Ackman...but it's just Huge for short. ;)

That's a good one. Did you see him on the Tony awards by any chance? He can really shake his boodie. whew

I've seen him interviews on Bravo's "In the Actor's Studio" too. He's a great interviewee.

evearael

It's funny... I want to post how much I adored Brad Pitt in Troy on this thread and then dash over to the guy thread and post how much I adore Milla Jovovich in Resident evil.

Booko

Deviled Hen
zombieharlot said:
So...when are we going to get to the part where we exchange makeup tips!?! Or did you do that in the earlier posts?

I wish I had any makeup tips to exchange! I'm completely hopeless. Whatever I learned was because my daughter dances, so I have to be able to do a decent job putting on her stage makeup. Thank God for Mary Kay!

I did get one handy tip from a aesthetologist, though. Use Milk of Magnesia at night for 10-20 minutes as a masque to draw stuff out of your pores. It works really well, and it's a lot cheaper than all the fancy stuff they try to sell you.

Glad to see you could join us!

*passing tray of baklava* Care for a piece?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Booko said:
May 26th in the US. I don't know if it'll be the same date in Australia, but probably it is.
Dunno...I tried to go to the official X3 site last night but I couldn't get it to load. *sigh* I had a bit of a look on IMDb at the cast...is it just me, or are they introducing an absolute ****load of new mutants? Seems like too many to do any of them justice, to me...

Booko said:
That's a good one. Did you see him on the Tony awards by any chance? He can really shake his boodie. whew

I've seen him interviews on Bravo's "In the Actor's Studio" too. He's a great interviewee.
Didn't see him at the Tony's, but I've seen him shake his bootie and sing. I considered going to see The Boy From Oz, which is playing in Melbourne (about 3 hours from me) soon (?), so I could see it in person...but I decided I really couldn't justify spending the money.

If people wanna see what a nice Aussie bloke is like, I wish they would look more at Huge, and less at Steve Irwin. :rolleyes: That man just gives me the irrits! :slap:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
evearael said:
It's funny... I want to post how much I adored Brad Pitt in Troy on this thread and then dash over to the guy thread and post how much I adore Milla Jovovich in Resident evil.
And who could blame you if you did? The woman was hot! ;)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bastet said:
If people wanna see what a nice Aussie bloke is like, I wish they would look more at Huge, and less at Steve Irwin. :rolleyes: That man just gives me the irrits! :slap:

I don't even know who Steve Irwin is. I guess I was paying too much attention to "snookums." And yeah, Hugh is a really really nice guy.