• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

evearael

I loved High Fidelity!

*Sips tea. Begins to knit sweater.*

So what does your sound system set-up look like? I'm betting on gold wires that are very neatly arranged and the best system you can afford.

Booko

Deviled Hen
evearael said:
My husband wants a bike and a good friend of his just wiped out and totalled his... it's a good thing he wore protective gear.

Well, you know what the old saying is: If you got a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet.

I was always very careful about my gear. I had the best full face helmet money could buy. A good heavy leather jacket so I might have a skin left if I dumped it. I always wore heavy duty boots, no matter how hot the weather.

Most importantly, I got some really good instruction on defensive driving.

I dumped my bike once, if you could call it that, trying to go up a curb on an angle after I'd just rode for 3 hours from Chicago. I was pooped and went in at the wrong speed and it fell in the grass. I then leaned in my boyfriend's (now husband's) dorm window and said, "Hi Dave...uh....would you mind helping me pick up my bike?" Sheesh, how embarassing!

I had a couple of very near misses, one with a semi truck, but because of that defensive driving and just knowing that I'm invisible to everyone, I avoided the problems.

There are some times I just wouldn't go out on the bike. Thursday was 2 for 1 night at the bars, so I stayed home or walked. Friday and Saturday night...well, that's self-explanatory. Sunday morning? No traffic, no drunks, no problem! :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
Strawberries! *begs* I love them!

The blueberries are in from Florida too.

*passes bowl along with strawberries*

Ahhh, video games. They're the joy and the bane of my existence!

Wow, if that ain't the truth. They keep the kids out of my hair when I'm busy with something, and they keep the kids from listening to me when I need them!

They sometimes try to get me to play videogames, but I'm just not competent with the interface and don't have the time or inclination to bother to get used to it.

I'll stick to Destruct-o-Match on Neopets. And it's free too. :kat:

Booko

Deviled Hen
SK2005 said:
I got sick this last weekend, and not being able to study, I have been addicted to the SIMS!!!!!!!!! When I go to class, I have withdrawls!!!

Have you gotten as bad as the garden gnome that gets drunk? :D

Booko

Deviled Hen
lunamoth said:
Hi ladies, just thought I'd pop in for a minute. I see we're talking about video games. Well, I'm game-challenged I must say. I spend all my computer time feeding my RF habit. But, the idea of the SIMs games fascinates me. ILike evearaeal I'd be a total micro-manager. Would that be bad?

My challenge today has been getting my 3-year old into a good sleep routine. She's up with the sun, or with the birds (whichever is earlier) in spite of the blankets we've put over her windows. She's a zombie by 3 pm but refuses to nap (I wish I had the power to make a kid sleep), then she literally passes out from exhaustion at dinner time, wakes up in time for her bath and then can't get to sleep at bedtime...argh!

Tonight I fed her early and put her to bed an hour early, trying to get out of this rut.

Why is sleep so hard for some kids?

luna

I wish I knew. Eric just didn't sleep during the day. He didn't wake up at night though, so I wasn't going to complain! One of my best friends used to watch him a couple of days a week while my husband was in school, and she would just declare naptime and go sleep in the bed with him, which is the only way he would ever take even a 30 minute nap.

Ellen, otoh, would sleep anytime. I remember a few nights at 6:30, after we'd cleaned up the dishes, when my husband and I would look around wondering where Ellen was playing, only to find she had tucked herself in bed and was sleeping soundly.

She has a problem going to sleep if she's overstimulated, though. Right now, that's a problem when she has a late night at dance. But she's found ways to wind down before bedtime, so that helps. So does Vache, our newest cat, who sleeps with her. Ellen puts some calming music on and sings herself and the cat to sleep.

I might possibly have the only child who sleep *sings*. :sarcastic

maggie2

Mystic,

That IS good lemonade. You're right...the best!

As to husbands and decorating...mine doesn't get involved when I decorate and I don't get involved when he fixes our vehicles! :D

I'd love to see some of your jewelry, Buttercup, do you have a website where you sell it?

Booko

Deviled Hen
maggie2 said:
Has anyone found any good places to shop for clothes online?

If you like plain basic dressed down clothes, I shop Land's End, Land's End and Land's End. When I find a shirt I like, I order 5 in different colors. Then I don't think about it for a few years. I'm lazy that way.

Hey, when your business is garden design, do you think the plants care if I dress up? :D

The rest of my wardrobe is stuff I wear to the symphony.

I don't seem to have any in between clothes.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
There's one place online that carries all sorts of clothes that I see as being 'me'- I think it's called "Coldwater Creed". When I start rakin' in the big bucks, I hope to be able to get some stuff from there!

There's a bricks&mortar Coldwater Creek near me. They do have nice clothes, and ones that don't make me look like a middle-aged fart desperately trying to look 20-something. :)

The problem is the trend in colors in the past couple years have been a disaster for me. I don't do fall colors -- they make me look washed out. blech

Oh well, maybe this year...

Booko

Deviled Hen
Buttercup said:
Do you think it's Coldwater Creek Feathers? Here's their website. I'm gonna pitch them this year to see if they will carry my jewelry! :)
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/

Ooh! They carry some of the most fantastic jewelry! I got a really great watch and bracelet before the last time my friend convinced me we had to cruise the Bahamas.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bastet said:
Oh, and you'll find Tim Tams at this link, along with the protocol for drinking through them & eating them before they disintegrate into your coffee. It also has a take on the biscuit/cookie thing, although it's slightly different to my own lol.​

Do they have Peak Freen's Digestive Biscuits near you? I love the ones with chocoloate, though I can't eat milk chocolate any more.

I used to drive to Canada to stock up on Peak Freens, because we couldn't get 'em in the States.

Well, all this talk of tea and biscuits has got me wanting some. *goes and puts kettle on*

Thanks...I'm ready for another cuppa.

Does anyone want some lemon for their tea? I can cut some up...

Booko

Deviled Hen
Bastet said:
One guy (luckily someone I know - although I'd have loved to say it to the guy I had never laid eyes on before), asked me what my tattoo "meant". It's a Celtic knot made up of three cats...so I told him it means 'I love *****'. :biglaugh: His wife overheard me and her face was like this: :eek: Geez it made me laugh...
HAhaha, I guess you had the wrong wife. If you'd said that to my husband, I'd have died from laughing too hard. :biglaugh:

A Celtic knot made up of three cats? Hm, you wouldn't have any pics of the design would you? I know my daughter would love to draw that one. she's really gotten into designing Celtic knots as a means for fun and just calming down I think.

My husband and I are always making bad ***** jokes around the house. It's kind of inevitable with 4 furry things running around the house. Three of them sleep with us. We got a bigger bed so we could all fit. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Buttercup said:
I've wanted to jump in here and yak, yak, yak....but the conversation was on video games the first time I looked and the only one I've ever been into is Tetris...but I guess game is old news by now.

Hey, I'm old news enough to remember when Space Invaders was cool. :)

We got one of those modular games with Pac Man for my Mom so she can play it on her tv. I had an old Commodore 64 once and had to sell it because I needed the $50, never knowing how much my Mom loved playing "that guy that eats those little dots."

Want some berries?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Booko said:
Do they have Peak Freen's Digestive Biscuits near you? I love the ones with chocoloate, though I can't eat milk chocolate any more.
Well, they don't ring any bells, but I'll write the name on my shopping list and have a look tomorrow after work. ;) 'Digestive' isn't usually a name I look for in a biscuit. :p 'Chocolate' comes far higher ranked. :D

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Booko said:
HAhaha, I guess you had the wrong wife. If you'd said that to my husband, I'd have died from laughing too hard.
She got all flustered later on when he was checking out my legs (I had them propped up in a handy chair). He doesn't normally see me in anything but trousers (I work with him), so he was admiring the shape of my legs in stockings and heels (and what can I say, I don't blame him ;) ). It was just a bit of fun...she realised that before the night was out and loosened up a lot.

Booko said:
A Celtic knot made up of three cats? Hm, you wouldn't have any pics of the design would you? I know my daughter would love to draw that one. she's really gotten into designing Celtic knots as a means for fun and just calming down I think.
I surely do - there are a couple photos (unfortunately the flash is badly placed in the close-up pic) in this thread: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26789&page=7

Booko said:
My husband and I are always making bad ***** jokes around the house. It's kind of inevitable with 4 furry things running around the house. Three of them sleep with us. We got a bigger bed so we could all fit.
Well, not every man can say he has had 4 pussies in his bed at once. ;) I've made lots of bad ***** jokes in my time, and just today I was making bad box jokes with a workmate of mine (I'm sure in any other workplace some of the stuff we say to each other would be considered sexual harassment - but it's never serious and the majority of us have our sense of humour firmly intact). The screensaver on my phone has a picture of a grinning cat's head, with 'I LOVE *****' next to it. I have to change it sometimes if I'm going somewhere people will see my phone and I'm not sure what their reaction will be. Not everyone believes me when I give them an innocent look and say "It just means I like cats..." :162:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*sets plate of key lime pie in front of Danisty*

Oh, yeah honey, I'll have some with you, too. Key lime pie with whipped cream.

Bastet said:
Well, not every man can say he has had 4 pussies in his bed at once. ............

:biglaugh:

I found naptimes to be totally different with our kids, too, luna. Tyler was good with naptimes, but he had an odd habit of waking up in the middle of the night (like at 2am) to play. I'd pop in a tape Winnie the Pooh and he'd eventually become entranced, stop moving, and want to relax. I don't know how many nights I camped out on the couch with him cuddled up next to me.

Dana was the one who stopped napping before she turned 2. She's always been a great sleeper at night, though, so I guess with our two youngest, I was always up with one child. :D I think everything was evened out by the time Dana was 4. We had set up the kids' new bunk beds in their bedrooms, and they then thought that bedtime was the coolest thing ever.

I wish I had advice for the here-and-now that you're asking for. :flower2: Most everything I saw as a phase, and that eventually will pass, and that kind of mindset is usually seen as not the ideal by many parents I know. There are plenty of books out there with all kinds of sleep advice, so one will most likely fit your mindset. :)

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Bump.

Zombieharlot's post in the "Man Talk" thread had me wondering if he knew anything about this thread. Zombie, darling, you can talk all you want about the great deals you found with cosmetics, and you'll be served any kinds of refreshments you want. :eat:

Hey men-folk.......... nice little dose of competition there, fellas!

Copycats. :p

Peace,
Mystic

Booko

Deviled Hen
MysticSang'ha said:
Zombieharlot's post in the "Man Talk" thread had me wondering if he knew anything about this thread. Zombie, darling, you can talk all you want about the great deals you found with cosmetics, and you'll be served any kinds of refreshments you want. :eat:

Did you give ZombieHarlot a special invite? He still might have missed us.

Hey men-folk.......... nice little dose of competition there, fellas! Copycats. :p

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Mark Twain :jam:

So...we went to the movies today, now that some good ones are out again. No chick flicks, but who can resist Denzel Washington anyway? haha He's exactly the kind of guy you can take home to Mama. :kat:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oooooohhh, I'll do just that, booko, thanks. Zombie'll be getting a PM right now. :D

Always been a big fan of Denzel. Did you go see the "bank heist" movie with him and Jodie Foster?

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I wouldn't blame mama at all, Feathers. :D

Zombie just got an invite, btw.

The man talk thread is a fun read...........they're even creating their own religion over there that includes girls on trampolines, fishtanks, and inebriation. I have to give them props for that. *chuckles*

I'm thinking that I'm getting addicted to RF. I'm up, on the 'net, when I should be sleeping for tomorrow. I'm going to an autism conference 40 minutes away, and I need to meet the others that are going by 7:30am. :eek:

Ah, I'm still excited about it, though. Some of you know that one of our kids is autistic, and seeing more and more awareness and action toward finding treatment and integration with society for my son always gets me smiling and a little misty-eyed. :)

Peace,
Mystic