• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

Buttercup

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
There's one place online that carries all sorts of clothes that I see as being 'me'- I think it's called "Coldwater Creed". When I start rakin' in the big bucks, I hope to be able to get some stuff from there!

Do you think it's Coldwater Creek Feathers? Here's their website. I'm gonna pitch them this year to see if they will carry my jewelry! :)
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
MysticSang'ha said:
*sets cup of tea in front of Bastet, and a TRUCKLOAD of biscuits*
Sanx!

I once got a delicious set of biscuits from a fellow Aussie friend a couple of years ago, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was called. She challenged everyone that she knew online to a "World Biscuit Challenge", she received some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Oreos from here in the states, but then she sent out some of the most delicious biscuits (here we call them cookies, BTW), that I'd ever tasted. They're square shaped, and you could bite off two opposing corners, and suck tea or coffee through it (her suggestion). I absolutely LOVED it!

Maybe you have an idea what I'm talking about, Bastet?
Hmm...the only biscuit I could think of doing that with would be a Tim Tam (only they're rectangle and chocolate covered). And here we differentiate between biscuits and cookies - cookies are strictly the round ones that look like they've been home-baked, and come in flavours like choc-chip (at least, they are to me - there's no such thing as a 'choc-chip biscuit'; that's only ever a cookie). Biscuits are most everything else, but especially ones that look like this and are perfect for dunking in your tea or coffee (cookies drop too many crumbs for good dunking):

arnotts.jpg
Well, it's not a very big pic, but it's the best I could find. They're fairly plain and sweet, but not as crumbly as cookies are. My current favourites for dunking in my tea are Arnott's Milk Arrowroot (pictured) and Arnott's Milk Coffee (which are rectangular and have bumps all the way round the edges).​

Oh, and you'll find Tim Tams at this link, along with the protocol for drinking through them & eating them before they disintegrate into your coffee. It also has a take on the biscuit/cookie thing, although it's slightly different to my own lol.​

Shaving your hair? I don't think I'm quite ready for that kind of change, but when I can get the green light to color my hair, I'm going to do just that. Thanks!
I'd wanted to shave my hair off since I was 12, but it took me 16 years to pluck up the courage to do it! I made the decision to do it several months before I actually did go through with it, because I chose participation in an annual fundraiser for the Leukaemia Foundation as my guise. ;) Far less people think you're a freak when you can say you've raised $1,700+ for cancer research and donated your hair so some little kid can have some hair and not get picked on and laughed at for being bald.
It's been over 2 years since I originally did it, but I grew it back for a little while a few months later. Last year I got sick of styling it every day, so I decided to shave it off again. I've kept it that way for about 8 months now, I guess. One thing I do really, really miss is dying it, though! I played around with some different colours when I first grew it back after the first shave - dark purple was the best! I tried various shades of red, but it really looks better long and red, not short and red (at least on me). There's no point me dying it at this length, I'd be shaving the colour off fortnightly...and the regrowth in that time would be impossible to hide lol.

That sounds like a good up-do idea, I can't wait to see the picture if you remember, Bastet.
I just spent ages looking through cds trying to find a pic of me with my hair up like that...but no luck. :( I was sure I'd caught a snapshot or two of it up, and the pin itself, but I'm guessing I lost them that time my hard drive died. I'm not sure where the pin is at right now, but I'll try to dig it out and take a pic of that at least for you. Being dead straight, my hair has always been a nightmare to try to keep in an up-do, but this thing was great!

Well, all this talk of tea and biscuits has got me wanting some. *goes and puts kettle on*

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
evearael said:
I think, Bastet, I would certainly die if I worn stillettos. I have terrible balance with any sort of high heel. I wore ballet slippers when I married.
I'm amazed I didn't take someone's eye out! :biglaugh: I'm used to wearing quite high heels (I have some kick-arse boots - not that I wear them often, but I don't feel like I'll break an ankle when I do), but they've normally got a fairly substantial base on them, not this little itty bitty circle.

Short hair is fun, and locks of love is a very worthy cause. I love my hair because I don't have to do anything to it... I don't have time! Though, you should style your hair in such a way to flatter your face and your body type, and also take into consideration the amount of work you put into it.
I spend about 15 minutes once a fortnight 'doing' my hair (bought a $20 pair of clippers which have paid for themselves many times over already). :p I also scrub my head with these loofah gloves once a week to get rid of any dry skin that would have normally been loosened and washed away when I used to wash my hair back when I had some. I get up at 4.30am for work - and it was one of the deciding factors in me shaving my head regularly lol. I want to do as little as possible to get ready at that hour of the morning. Plus I like it, I think it suits me. :D

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Circle_One said:
But I agree. I love tattoos. Not only on myself, but also on other people. I love looking at tattoos and I'm sure I've annoyed more than a few people when I randomly walk up to them at a club and start touching their arms or necks or where ever they have their tattoos, hahaha.
I was on the receiving end of that at the wedding reception I was at a few weeks ago...it was an interesting experience. :areyoucra Random strangers coming up and saying "don't mind me if I touch you for a sec, I just want a closer look...". It's my own fault, though - I was wearing a low-backed halter-neck top to show it off. ;) One guy (luckily someone I know - although I'd have loved to say it to the guy I had never laid eyes on before), asked me what my tattoo "meant". It's a Celtic knot made up of three cats...so I told him it means 'I love *****'. :biglaugh: His wife overheard me and her face was like this: :eek: Geez it made me laugh...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yay, Maggie and Buttercup have joined us! :)

I'm a fan of video games, too. My brothers and I used to play with the old Atari 2600 back in the early '80s, and we spent all day trying to beat each other at Space Invaders. Those were the days before your games progression could be saved, and when the game was over, you had to start ALL OVER again.

I can get addicted to the SIMS (the original), and since I'd heard how great the SIMS 2 is, I've shied away from getting it and playing it, since I'm afraid that I wouldn't ever get anything done. I'm another oddball when it comes to gaming, because I prefer those survival horror games after the kids go to bed or are staying at their grandma's house. I have two games from the "Silent Hill" series. They're brilliant!

My husband is the XBox junkie, though. He's on it as much as possible playing baseball or football when the kids are up, and playing Grand Theft Auto when the kids are asleep. I'm the internet junkie. :D

Tim Tams!!! Those were it!! Thanks, Bastet...... :hug: They were absolutely delicious, and I'll remember to order some so that everyone else could enjoy them, too.

I kind of ate all of them in the package when I tried them the first time.

Ooooh, Maggie.........I make the best lemonade in the world. I can make that claim because I can back it up with actually the best lemonade that has been tasted. Two of my good friends from the south actually challenged me one time when I said I make the "worlds best lemonade" and that it's my own secret recipe. They tasted it......... with smirks and smiles of skepticism..............and then they looked at each other surprisingly and yelled, "WOW! This IS good!"

Then they started asking me for the recipe, but I wouldn't tell them. It really is a secret. But my lemonade is crisp, fresh, and never overly sweet. It makes you want to smack your lips after taking a drink.

I really wish I COULD give some of my actual lemonade to anyone who wants it here. :D

*sets "worlds best lemonade" in front of Maggie*

BTW, I love sandals, too. They're my favorite kind of shoe.

Peace,
Mystic

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
*pops head in out of curiosity that finally got the better of him*................skulks out, carefully, so as not to make a noise.......*wow, that was disappointingly unexciting*:biglaugh:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh, Michel........what did you expect? A bunch of girls bouncing and giggling and getting into a big pillow fight? :D

Peace,
Mystic

Buttercup

Veteran Member
MysticSang'ha said:
Tim Tams!!! Those were it!! Thanks, Bastet...... :hug: They were absolutely delicious, and I'll remember to order some so that everyone else could enjoy them, too.

In the "Have You Ever' thread I asked if anyone had ever eaten a whole box/bag of anything and then pretended the cookies were never there to hide that fact. Glad to see someone else does that on occasion! :)

I've wanted to jump in here and yak, yak, yak....but the conversation was on video games the first time I looked and the only one I've ever been into is Tetris...but I guess game is old news by now.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Heh heh heh heh...........the family asked if "those cookies from Australia" ever made it over a few weeks after I'd eaten them all, and I sort of covered it up and changed the subject because I was so embarrassed over my act of gluttony. :devil:

This time, I'll definitely share the Tim Tams. I was just unprepared for their deliciousness the first time! *bats eyelashes*

About Tetris.........are you kidding? Tetris rocks! I could fall asleep peacefully watching shapes fit together vertically instead of counting sheep. I so remember when that video game was the "in" thing with everyone.

I remember when "Pong" was really big, too. And Pac-Man.

Ms. Pac-Man was 10 times better, though. :flirt:

Buttercup, can I offer you some refreshment? There is an assortment of cakes, cookies, pies, teas, and coffee (as well as cold drinks) available. *leads Buttercup toward table loaded with treats*

Peace,
Mystic

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Bastet said:
Plus I like it, I think it suits me. :D

Having seen you both the long hair (which was beautiful) and the shaved look. You're right it does suit you. Not everyone could pull that off. :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Oh thanks Mystic.....sure, I'd love another cup of coffee and...hmm, the pie looks good! :D

We still play on our old Nintendo 64.. My husband and I battle it out. If you can call Tetris a battle.:rolleyes: We keep all the old gaming systems....sometimes when people come over they still like playing the original Ninendo and we are gathering up components of the ancient Atari system. For some reason the really old stuff is popular again....

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*sets cup of coffee in front of Buttercup and offers a slice of cherry pie*

Cherry is my personal favorite, but there's all sorts of pies here. Just pick your fave. :)

I love those ancient joystick games they have available in stores now that will let you play 6 or 7 of the old Atari games like DigDug, Asteroid, Defender, Tank.......etc. The best part is that the kids think they're really fun, too, even our teenager who is starting his quiet rebellions already.

I tried to keep the SuperNintendo console system for as long as I could, but the ex-boyfriend convinced me that he'd make better use with it when he and I broke up years and years ago. I wish I'd have stuck to my guns and not given in, because I really miss playing Zelda every now and then. I always loved that theme music from Zelda. :)

We collect vintage audio systems, Buttercup. The only thing is that my living room is starting to look like a sound studio, and I'm not that happy with it. :help:

But, we are moving to a larger house with a full-sized finished basement in July, so the hubbie and I will be very happy to have "his" space with his sound equipment and "my" space that looks more like a library and art museum. It's been interesting, but I've allowed to have my prayer wheel to sit next to his Van Halen guitar logos without much grief. :D

Does anyone else have stories like this about sharing your space with your significant other? Most of the time, my husband lets me run the roost when it comes to decorating our home - well, except with this recent trend of audio equipment in our living room (not exactly my choice for how it's been set up). So, I usually have free rein, but we've had some interesting negotiations with which stuff to display and which stuff to store out of sight. Anyone else?

Peace,
Mystic

SK2005

Saint in training
Another thing I recently been addicted to is Yahoo music videos. It's on constantly!

Well, mystic, I don't have any problems sharing space with my significant other, because I don't live with him ;) BUT I live with 50 other girls my age. WOW, sometimes that can be intense. Sometimes we share closets and desk spaces. Wow.

evearael

*Sips more tea, takes a bite of pecan pie*
My house looks like an art gallery above four feet with real paintings on every wall. Below that looks precisely what you would expect when a neat freak clashes with the chaos of a toddler... basically clean, but with stuffed animals, books and flash cards strewn about. My husband and I tend towards more minimalist decorations... less stuff to break in frequent moves or by curious toddler... so we don't clash too much. Generally I move things to where I'd like them and my husband will move things where he pleases, but we rarely battle over it. We'll make comments like, "I fear our daughter will break that if you leave it there," or "This needs a place other than here." We have an obscene amount of books even after getting rid of more than three fourths of our combined collection, but we hide those in a storage room to keep them from certain destruction.

Ðanisty

Have you got an Key Lime Pie? I love that stuff!

I'm also a fan of old games. I just bought my parents one of those joystick games. It was for Intellivision. We had that system when I was a kid and they just loved it! I'm such a sucker for that old-school stuff that I just started a new forum dedicated to all sorts of nostalgia.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Buttercup said:
Do you think it's Coldwater Creek Feathers? Here's their website. I'm gonna pitch them this year to see if they will carry my jewelry! :)
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/

That's it, Buttercup! That's what I was thinking, but I mistyped it. *whaps self in head* If they've good taste, they'll carry your jewelry! (And if they've bad taste, they'll carry mine. *holds up painted egg cartons that she used in "Arts and Crafts" class to make a necklace*)

Anyone for marzipan? *brings in plate of assorted goodies, shaped like various things*

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
MysticSang'ha said:

...which is why if you plan on sharing them, you need to buy more than one pack. :biglaugh: It doesn't get any easier not to scarf the whole lot yourself - which is also why I only ever buy them about twice a year. :p

B'cup - Tetris (in any form) rocks! :jam: Tetris is like cockroaches - it'll still be around when all the other video games are dead. I didn't have my title as 'Queen of Tetris' for the last couple years for no reason hehehe.

I've been addicted to this silly game called Insaniquarium that's on MSN games (you can play it online, no need to download). Go try it out...it's silly but addictive.

Ok, gotta go back to work now, seeya! *grabs a bucket of the 'world famous lemonade' and makes a run for it*

Circle_One

My best friend (I guess you could call her my "significant other", she's more significant to me than any other "other" I've had :p) and I have constant fights over who decorates what room and whether we should display my macabre Living Dead Dolls and my other assorted horror-esque collectables (of which I have MANY), or her girlie, cutesy flowery things. It's a rather interesting house, haha. The only thing we can agree on is displaying her collection of 50's stuff.

We both also have substantial vinyl collections, so we always fight about where they go and who gets to play what, and how we should categorize them.

Ever seen High Fidelity? You know the guy's collection and how he constantly re-organizes them?

That's me. I'm insane.