• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

Booko

Deviled Hen
Circle_One said:
Truthfully, no, none of that has ever concerned me, nor has the "job" thing. You know, the whole, "how will you ever get a job looking like that?" outlook of some people.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. The office job I worked in last, it might've made a difference, but that was years ago anyway, and times have changed.

I live for now, not for later. I do what makes me happy now because now is where I am in life. When I get to later, that's when I'll start worrying about it.. understand my ramblings?

As for the bad tattoos. Oh boy, have I seen my fair share. I've got quite a few friends in the inking business, one of my best friends, in fact, is a tattoo artist, so I've seen WAY too many bad tattoos done that he's had to cover over.

To avoid this, you just have to make sure you know your artist (not know him/her in the personal sense, necessarily, but know of him). Word of mouth is always a good way to find good artists, but you should always make sure to ask to see someone's portfolio before letting anyone tattoo you. If they don't have a portfolio, that's a surefire sign for you to go somewhere else, haha.

That's what I understood from the contractor who redid my kitchen a couple of years ago. He has some *fantastic* tattoos. All Chinese dragon/martial arts inspired ones, because he's a serious student of martial arts (and is just beginning acupuncture as well). He's also the best cabinetry maker I've seen in many years. What a talented guy, and nice too.

But I agree. I love tattoos. Not only on myself, but also on other people. I love looking at tattoos and I'm sure I've annoyed more than a few people when I randomly walk up to them at a club and start touching their arms or necks or where ever they have their tattoos, hahaha.

Yeah, that would be a little disconcerting! I'd be a little careful with that. Some people like me, when we grew up, if someone touched you it meant you were in for seriously bodily harm. I'd deck you first and apologize later, I'm afraid. My husband's even worse. It's just instinct at this point. If you stop to think, you're already dead.

Well, things have calmed down a bit since then, thankfully.

If I were younger, I might consider getting my navel pierced. Ah, but they wrecked it when they did the laparoscopic hysterectomy. Sheesh...male doctors, wouldn't you know it! :D

evearael

My husband wants a bike and a good friend of his just wiped out and totalled his... it's a good thing he wore protective gear.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
While we're talking about tattoos, does anyone happen to know the name of the site at which they found- I want to say it was near Mongolia, but I could be wrong- something like three or four guys and a woman frozen? I saw a documentary on it a long time ago, and I think they said that they believed- due to the design of the tattoos on the woman- that she was a priestess or something of that nature. I just remember that I'd never wanted tattoos until I saw the ones that the priestess had worn. It was like they spoke to something deep inside me. I'd love to find more information about it, now that I'm older!

I'd go for Celtic designs...but my daughter would bleed me broke if I ever gave her the idea of getting tattoos like that!

Then again, she might not...dance companies get a little odd about how you wear your hair. I can't imagine what they'd have to say about tattoos.

Well, there's always henna. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
evearael said:
Thank goodness, my daughter is finally asleep! I thought she'd never go down for the night...

Oooo, thanks for the reminder. My son is still up playing videogames. He'd stay up till 2 am if i let him. He must have his father's stay-up-all-hours genes.

Anyone for strawberries?

evearael

*Yay, strawberries!"
My husband and I would still stay up till 2 am playing video games, if we could get away with it. Now we go to bed around 10 or 11 on weekdays, and maybe midnight on weekends.

evearael

What's your favorite game? I've been playing Dungeon Seige II when my husband studies once our daughter is sleeping.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
For the computer, I love the "Sims" series. (Especially Sims 2!)

For the PS2, I enjoy most Squaresoft games. (Like the "Final Fantasy" series.) "Harvest Moon" is another of my loves!

evearael

I can't do sim games... I micro-manage too much. I had the same issue with black & white. I'd look away for a second and suddenly my creature was smoking. Aaaah! We don't own a tv, so we don't really play console games anymore. But I've been playing some old school Nintendo games on an emulator and Tetris on my Gameboy Advance.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I love the GBA! I had a job once that was so relaxed that they let me play it while I was working. (Well, actually, I think they noticed that I did better when I had something to distract myself with. :D )

Is that classic Tetris? Do you ever play any of the Zelda series?

SK2005

Saint in training
I got sick this last weekend, and not being able to study, I have been addicted to the SIMS!!!!!!!!! When I go to class, I have withdrawls!!!

lunamoth

Will to love
Hi ladies, just thought I'd pop in for a minute. I see we're talking about video games. Well, I'm game-challenged I must say. I spend all my computer time feeding my RF habit. But, the idea of the SIMs games fascinates me. ILike evearaeal I'd be a total micro-manager. Would that be bad?

My challenge today has been getting my 3-year old into a good sleep routine. She's up with the sun, or with the birds (whichever is earlier) in spite of the blankets we've put over her windows. She's a zombie by 3 pm but refuses to nap (I wish I had the power to make a kid sleep), then she literally passes out from exhaustion at dinner time, wakes up in time for her bath and then can't get to sleep at bedtime...argh!

Tonight I fed her early and put her to bed an hour early, trying to get out of this rut.

Why is sleep so hard for some kids?

luna

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I remember the days when having to take a nap seemed like the most horrible thing that people could try to do to you. Now, I want naps to be legally mandated in the workplace!

I have nothing but sympathy for you. I wish I had advice, though!

lunamoth

Will to love
FeathersinHair said:
I remember the days when having to take a nap seemed like the most horrible thing that people could try to do to you. Now, I want naps to be legally mandated in the workplace!

I have nothing but sympathy for you. I wish I had advice, though!

ROFL! I'm not a napper myself, but I sympathize with the thought of naps in the workplace.

Actually, I've got to go already since I am tired myself tonight. Have a good night!

luna

SK2005

Saint in training
FeathersinHair said:
Oooo, which one are you playing? (Sims 1 or 2?) I know both are addictive, but the second one is dangerously so. *grin*

I'm actually playing Sims Deluxe Edition, so it's kind of in the middle. It's so much fun. A friend (one of my roommates) has the same game, we play it together at the same time. I made a family of her and her boyfriend, and she did the same with me. It is so much fun!!!

maggie2

Gee, Mystic,

Just found this thread and I'd love to join you for a nice tall glass of lemonade.

It's great to enjoy some 'girll' talk.

I went shopping on Easter weekend and found myself a great pair of dressy sandals for summer. Also found a couple of tops for summer. I really don't like shopping and I live in jeans and shorts and easy-care clothes. And I only wear shoes when I absolutely have to but I can tolerate sandals at least.

Has anyone found any good places to shop for clothes online?

Glad to have a place to meet with some other gals and have 'girl' talk.

evearael

Luna... Micromanaging makes that sort of game a wee bit of the stress-filled side.

Goodness, my daughter's sleeping routine was interupted by a cold and I've been trying to get her back to where she was. She keeps waking at about six, when I'm trying to get my husband's breakfast and lunch ready before he leaves and I simply cannot cuddle her and read a dozen books like she wants me too. To make matters worse, she ends up being a complete grump unless I put her down for her nap early, which only perpetuates the cycle...

I'm right there with you, Maggie. I live in jeans and cute t-shirts. I can't wear fussy clothes around my daughter without them being seriously threatened. She's my little angel, but she can be so destructive! She just doesn't know any better yet.

I really like some of the t-shirts at www.thinkgeek.com, but I don't know what your style is...

*Sips tea. Eats a biscuit.*

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
SK2005 said:
I got sick this last weekend, and not being able to study, I have been addicted to the SIMS!!!!!!!!! When I go to class, I have withdrawls!!!

I adore Sims 2.

I am so happy to know I'm not the only one with a Sims addiction.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
There's one place online that carries all sorts of clothes that I see as being 'me'- I think it's called "Coldwater Creed". When I start rakin' in the big bucks, I hope to be able to get some stuff from there!