• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
FeathersinHair said:
It's horrible, but I very rarely like to shop for clothes. While I'm not stylish enough to wear most of 'em, though, I love some of the shirts that they have at "Hot Topic". (They had a Merry and Pippin one! *jumps up and down*) It's sad that most of the clothing that they carry in their stores (at least here) is made for the... how to put this nicely... people that do not necessarily have bosoms.

I really dig the stuff at Hot Topic when I feel my rebellious bone wake up. :)

I'm wearing a tank top from that I got from there right now (it says, "Girl Power"), hee hee.

I was this close to getting an Edward Scissorhands tank, but then decided against it and stuck with the one I have on. I haven't seen the Merry and Pip one, though. :( (I can see that you're a fellow Tolkien fan)

I know what you mean about the bosom-less styles they have. I used to have bosoms, but after children they lost any and all perkiness and now look like the shape of the state of Florida. :p

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Circle_One said:
Bwahaha! So I've been sitting here, reading this thread and trying to find something to chime in on (as I am of the female persuasion), but it's so horrible. I love you all dearly, but it seems I've not much in common with any of you. I hate shopping for clothes, I don't workout, am not very into doing my hair, or what it looks like, except, of course, for dying it extreme colors, which I'm sure not many of you do, don't get pedicures or manicures, or use any sort of skin lotion (except on newly inked tattoos).

It's kind of sad. I'm not very ladylike in the least..

Do you like cake? I know I like to treat my sweet tooth every now and then. Do you? :flower:

I have a tatoo, as well, and I want another one. My brother, who has a lot of tats all over his body, warned me that they're addictive, and he's right. I can't wait to get another one.

I have a rose on my ankle right now, but I want one across my lower back.

I'm also thinking about getting my navel pierced, but I want to wait until I can either cosmetically or surgically find a way to make my bellybutton not look like it sucked a lemon.

Peace,
Mystic

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Ooo, ooo! Can I suggest belly dancing? It's an incredible way to not only exercise but to also get back in touch with your natural grace and connection to the earth!

But Feathers, you're assuming I have natural grace to start with, and sadly I don't.

Circle_One

I actually don't eat cake, sorry. I'm not much for sweets, but I can sit and enjoy a soda, and I'll be fine.

Tattoos are addictive. Horribly. I got my first when I was 14. That was 11 years ago and I've so far got... *counts* 11 tattoos and am working on my 12, which will be my biggest to date and will be started around mid-May. Can't wait.

I had/have my navel pierced (along a few other body parts). I say had/have because I took it out about a month ago and it's still open, haha.

Yeah not a very "girlie" topic, but pretty much the only one I'm good at :D

evearael

Don't worry I'm boring too... very rarely wear makeup, don't fuss excessively with my hair, never dyed or highlighted it, no tattoos, a single regular piercing in each ear, no cigarettes or drugs ever...

Circle_One

Maize said:
I've been tempted to do both, but never have. I'm rather boring in that regard.

Just the fact that you've been tempted to do both shows that you're actually not that boring in that regard. Not a lot of people go to the extremes that I do, though many want to.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Maize said:

But Feathers, you're assuming I have natural grace to start with, and sadly I don't.

Actually, I don't remember that it was necessary to be graceful to bellydance. I just remember having to have the ability to shake something.........a lot. :)

It's so much fun, and I always felt so energized after a bellydancing class.

I was half-joking about ballet, since it's considered a serious discipline and normally isn't offered at health clubs. But bellydance, I think, is a great form of fitness to try for women. Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of shaking. :)

Peace,
Mystic

Booko

Deviled Hen
Circle_One said:
Bwahaha! So I've been sitting here, reading this thread and trying to find something to chime in on (as I am of the female persuasion), but it's so horrible. I love you all dearly, but it seems I've not much in common with any of you. I hate shopping for clothes, I don't workout, am not very into doing my hair, or what it looks like, except, of course, for dying it extreme colors, which I'm sure not many of you do, don't get pedicures or manicures, or use any sort of skin lotion (except on newly inked tattoos).

It's kind of sad. I'm not very ladylike in the least..

Actually I'm not so ladylike either.

Like motorcycles, by chance? <hopeful look>

Booko

Deviled Hen
Circle_One said:
Just the fact that you've been tempted to do both shows that you're actually not that boring in that regard. Not a lot of people go to the extremes that I do, though many want to.
Truthfully, I find tatoos a fascinating kind of art form.

From my old fart's pov, though, I sometimes wonder if I'd got any when I was younger, what they would look like now that I'm not so svelte, and don't even want to think what they would look like again when I've lost the weight again. :eek:

Does that ever concern you?

On another note, I've seen a lot of bad tatoos, but that doesn't make tatoos bad. It's like anything else, it follows Theodore Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap. :)

I like good tatoos on *other* people, because it makes hanging on the beach like going to an art gallery.

Circle_One

Of course I like bikes, come on now, who doesn't? lol

I was actually looking into buying myself a Ducati not too long ago. Gotta save the cash for that baby first though, haha.

Circle_One

Booko said:
Truthfully, I find tatoos a fascinating kind of art form.

From my old fart's pov, though, I sometimes wonder if I'd got any when I was younger, what they would look like now that I'm not so svelte, and don't even want to think what they would look like again when I've lost the weight again. :eek:

Does that ever concern you?

On another note, I've seen a lot of bad tatoos, but that doesn't make tatoos bad. It's like anything else, it follows Theodore Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crap. :)

I like good tatoos on *other* people, because it makes hanging on the beach like going to an art gallery.

Truthfully, no, none of that has ever concerned me, nor has the "job" thing. You know, the whole, "how will you ever get a job looking like that?" outlook of some people.

I live for now, not for later. I do what makes me happy now because now is where I am in life. When I get to later, that's when I'll start worrying about it.. understand my ramblings?

As for the bad tattoos. Oh boy, have I seen my fair share. I've got quite a few friends in the inking business, one of my best friends, in fact, is a tattoo artist, so I've seen WAY too many bad tattoos done that he's had to cover over.

To avoid this, you just have to make sure you know your artist (not know him/her in the personal sense, necessarily, but know of him). Word of mouth is always a good way to find good artists, but you should always make sure to ask to see someone's portfolio before letting anyone tattoo you. If they don't have a portfolio, that's a surefire sign for you to go somewhere else, haha.

But I agree. I love tattoos. Not only on myself, but also on other people. I love looking at tattoos and I'm sure I've annoyed more than a few people when I randomly walk up to them at a club and start touching their arms or necks or where ever they have their tattoos, hahaha.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Maize said:

You may want to ignore me, as this is where I go into 'woman power, fluffy bunny, Grrrlz Rule!' mode, hehee!

I think that whether or not we think we have physical grace, when we dance soley with our hearts (well, probably our arms and legs, too), our inner spirit comes out. And I think that that, free from worries about what we or others might think of the way we look, is always beautiful. It may not be graceful, but it's beautiful!

While we're talking about tattoos, does anyone happen to know the name of the site at which they found- I want to say it was near Mongolia, but I could be wrong- something like three or four guys and a woman frozen? I saw a documentary on it a long time ago, and I think they said that they believed- due to the design of the tattoos on the woman- that she was a priestess or something of that nature. I just remember that I'd never wanted tattoos until I saw the ones that the priestess had worn. It was like they spoke to something deep inside me. I'd love to find more information about it, now that I'm older!

Circle_One

Hmm.. I don't know exactly of what you're talking about Feathers, but there are a lot of cultures, modern and ancient, who's priests and priestesses are given elaborate tattoos. I'll try and find some websites to show what I mean, but I do know of a book who's first 100 or so pages all deal with the tattoos of ancient cultures. They're quite beautiful.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
That's it! That's it! *happy dances* Thanks so much!

Here's a sample of the images:

tattoohorse.jpg

I just love the exuberant style!

evearael

That's lovely! Considering I'm too skittish to even highlight my hair, I'm sure I'll never get a tattoo, but I do enjoy looking at the really well designed ones.

*Sips tea*

Thank goodness, my daughter is finally asleep! I thought she'd never go down for the night...

Booko

Deviled Hen
Circle_One said:
Of course I like bikes, come on now, who doesn't? lol

Oh, I've met a few women who were terrified of getting on one.

I wouldn't be one of those, though.

I was actually looking into buying myself a Ducati not too long ago. Gotta save the cash for that baby first though, haha.

If Atlanta weren't hell on wheels to drive in safely, I would consider getting a bike again just to save on gas. hah, if we end up with gas shortages like in the 70s, I might just do it anyway.

At some point I hope to move somewhere else where I can ride a bike again. I loved my old rice-burner. :)