• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*offers refreshment to SK2005, then promptly sits down in front of her*

Do something with it, PLEASE! :D

Don't have a plane ticket to see you, yet. But I may get to that point if I get too desperate considering your offer and your reputation. :)

Speaking of shopping, I need to get some new skirts. Aren't prints supposed to be "in" this season? Does anyone know?

Peace,
Mystic

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I can't recall the last time I wore anything other than jeans and dresses to be honest...

I have avoided the tanning bed for years and the paleness of my skin would blind you.

(puts on sunglasses :))

I think there are a lot of bold...big prints out this season, actually.

Target has some really pretty summer clothes.

SK2005

Saint in training
*Thanks mystic for the wonderful refreshing....lemonade!!!*
I'm not quite sure what exactly is 'in' and I'm at a University!....lol
However, I do prefer subtle prints for summer clothes...bright colors, and comfortable!!!

evearael

*sets place holder down for evearael's tea* Why, thank you!

I know how that IS with shirts being used as play toys and spit-up rags for kids. LOL Do you have a favorite store you like to go to, or are you like me - a bargain hunter? I am very cheap, but very picky. So even when I have the funds to blow on clothes I usually come away empty handed. Underthings are the only real luxury clothes-wise I permit myself, but my daughter has taken an interest in them and has been dragging my $40 Victoria's Secret brassiere around the house saying, "Bra! Bra! Bra!" Sadly, she does the same with my v-strings which is quite embarassing for the occassional guest.

evearael

I can't recall the last time I wore anything other than jeans and dresses to be honest... Me neither!

Goodness, the clothes I've gotten from Target haven't lasted as long as I'd like, though they were cute.

SK2005

Saint in training
Let's see, my favorite places to shop....well, Target, Ross, Warlmart,(it's the only store in town), and occasionally Maurices.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hehee, I love that shirt! (I like math when I learn it a certain way. I sometimes wonder if I should go back to school to finish up my AA.)

*brings in a pot of the only tea she's found that she likes so far, blueberry, and offers it up to the group*

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I can be a Target junkie if I don't have a budget, which normally we work off a tight budget anyway. :)

I absolutely love Target! Many times they have the most bang for your buck with nice styles for lower prices.

I found a new outfit the other week at a store called, "Forever 21," where I only paid $14.00 for a new baby-doll style shirt.......high-waisted, spaghetti straps.........and some gaucho pants that are gorgeous. They're light brown with a faded blue floral print down one leg.

I'm slowly learning from one of my best friends (who has the luxury of hiring her own personal shopper) in how to find the great bargains in some of the best stores. She was able to find some fantastic shirts at Banana Republic for $8.00 each. Me? I'd have stayed at one shirt. Her? She bought FIVE!

Peace,
Mystic

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
MysticSang'ha said:
...yesterday found me in tears several times over "nothing."
I know the feeling, I seem to have had PMS for about 3 weeks. I've had extreme highs and lows (often within the same day...same hour). Tears are still drying on my cheeks as I type lol.

Mystic said:
A couple of weekends ago, I went shoe-shopping and found the cutest pair of sandals at Baker's. They're cork-bottomed, pixie heels, and have bronze colored straps.
What's a pixie heel? Last pair of shoes I bought was to wear to a wedding (couple of weeks ago)...they're black strappy stilettoes (sp?). Haven't worn heels that weren't chunky in about a decade, but I managed to get around without tripping over myself or putting a hole in my skirt at the reception.

I don't buy shoes (or anything clothes-wise) very often, but when I do I love a bargain (I am The Bargain Queen :D ). Most of my sexy underwear I bought on sale even.

Mystic said:
And finally, I HAVE to find new ways of styling my hair. I have waist-length brown wavy hair that finds it's way into either a long french braid or a ponytail (when I don't want to fuss over it). Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
I had long hair for most of my childhood, and a lot of my adulthood - but I've had several goes between long and short in that time, my hair grows quick! Right now it can't get much shorter (I've been shaving my head every fortnight for quite a few months now), but I know what it's like to have it really long, too. Mine is dead straight which makes it worse - at least with a wave you've got a bit of something to help hold styles in place. Yours sounds reeeeally long, does it ever give you headaches? My hair was about halfway down my back when I first shaved it off (donated the hair to Wigs For Kids), and the first thing I noticed was how much weight had been pulling me down and giving me headaches before. o.0
Personally, I think taking a bit of the length off and getting some long layers cut into it (done with a razor so they're not blunt layers) looks really good. If you make sure the shortest layer is still long enough for you to pull back into a ponytail if you want to, you should have some more styling options. I know how impossible it is to wear your hair out when it's so long (my hair was in a constant plait as a kid, it got so long that when it was out my hair was almost to the back of my knees so I never wore it out). Shorter is definitely more versatile. One thing to remember about 'upstyles' (like a french roll or something), is that slightly greasy hair is easier to style than freshly washed hair...so factor that into what style you want to wear your hair in on any given day. I have this really cool pin that I used to use in my hair when it was long, I ended up with a sort of rolly thing at the back of my head, and it was dead easy to do (bunch hair up like you're gonna put it in a pony, twist hair around until it starts to twist up against itself, grab it halfway down and let it roll itself into a french roll kinda thing, then stick this pin in, and voila!). I'll take a pic of it and post it later if I remember. It's the one hair thing I kept when I shaved my head - it's the only thing I really wanted to keep in case I decide to grow it again one day.
Oh, and as Dawny said - if your hair isn't too dark (or too light) for it, colour is always a fun way to go. My hair loves being coloured, it always feels and looks great when I put a colour into it (I'm a fan of any shade of red). It's an instant face(hair) lift!

*Mystic cleans off her dining room table, gets some coffee, tea, and cakes ready for any girls wanting to stop by to chat*

Ooh, strongest tea you've got, please! *adds milk and sugar* Got any bikkies - I need to dunk! :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*sets cup of tea in front of Bastet, and a TRUCKLOAD of biscuits* :)

I once got a delicious set of biscuits from a fellow Aussie friend a couple of years ago, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was called. She challenged everyone that she knew online to a "World Biscuit Challenge", she received some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Oreos from here in the states, but then she sent out some of the most delicious biscuits (here we call them cookies, BTW), that I'd ever tasted. They're square shaped, and you could bite off two opposing corners, and suck tea or coffee through it (her suggestion). I absolutely LOVED it!

Maybe you have an idea what I'm talking about, Bastet? :)

Shaving your hair? I don't think I'm quite ready for that kind of change, but when I can get the green light to color my hair, I'm going to do just that. Thanks!

I'm working on "A Chorus Line" the musical right now, and so the director has made it very clear that hair should NOT be cut, NOT colored, and we are NOT allowed to do any spray on tanning or getting tanned in a booth or out in the sun. We're all playing urban dancers in NYC in the 1970's, and so we're supposed to look "pasty, with the most natural hair." sigh

That sounds like a good up-do idea, I can't wait to see the picture if you remember, Bastet.

I tell you, girls, I'm having some chocolate cake right now. I know it's morning, but heck, I'm having a moment! :162:

Peace,
Mystic

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sunstone said:
I can't suggest anything to do with your hair, Mystic, but I have a question. Until recently, I wore mine rather long for a male, and I found that even something as commonplace as shampooing it was a chore of extraordinary complexity, endurance, and determination. I've wondered, "How does anyone do it?" I mean, why doesn't everyone wear their hair short and easy to manage? Is that an absurd question? :help:

I think it depends on your hair type, Sunstone. I also have waist-length hair, and it's hopelessly straight. Until the last few years, it was so hopelessly fine that even if I wanted to cut it short and get a perm, I'd have to order a special perm that costs around $300 and have it done every two months. I can buy a lot of vacations on that money, so I wear it long.

I find taking care of my hair terribly easy compared to what other women do. I just shampoo it in the shower, then after it's had about 15 minutes to lose some of the water, I brush it out. It takes almost no time. OTOH, friends of mine spend time in front of mirrors with curling irons, then fuss with hair spray to keep things in place. No thanks!

I have no suggestions for other styles for long hair, as I've kept mine pretty plain. In hot weather if I'm working outside, I twist it up into a bun and keep it there with a bandana, preferably of interesting design.

M_S, you could try taking the top 1/3 of your hair, flipping it to one side, and then braiding or coiling it into place.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
dawny0826 said:
This may sound like a goofy question...but can anyone recommend a really good foot lotion? We're having cooler weather and my footsies look atrocious.

Not a goofy question at all, Dawny. :hug:

I used to get this peppermint smelling foot lotion that was mostly over-the-counter - you can still get it at Walgreen's. It used to be bottled in a pink and purple polka dotted container.............I think it actually had the word "foot" or "feet" on it..........oy, where is my mind?

Now, though, I use "Mint Bliss" lotion for feet and legs by Mary Kay (from their Private Spa collection). It smells great, with peppermint oil, but also menthol, rosemary extract, and eucalyptus plant mixed in there.

The best thing that I've found, Dawny, is to treat my feet to an at-home pedicure every now and then. I have to do it, because dancers often times have the absolutely worst feet ever. :eek: There are kits out on the market to do at home if you don't want to have it done professionally, but it's pretty easy to create your own pedicure "kit" from generic products, I think.

Extra-rich moisturizer
Moisturizing soap
Foot scrub (either bottled or you can use a pumice stone)

Do all three above in a tub or shower (I like to mix the extra-rich moisturizer with the soap, and then brush my feet with the pumice stone), rinse, dry, and then moisturize your feet with a pretty-smelling lotion of your choice.

I then paint my toe nails, personal choice obviously, but I like how it feels like a final touch to treating myself and making my feet look pretty.

Now, a professional pedicure goes beyond that with stuff like paraffin dips (ooooooohhh, that's SO nice) and feeling someone massage your feet for you...........it's totally worth it to me, but then again, we're working off a tight budget, so oftentimes stuff like that is a Mother's Day or birthday present -

makes mental note to tell husband that pedicure would be the perfect gift....... :162:

Peace,
Mystic

Booko

Deviled Hen
MysticSang'ha said:
And finally, I HAVE to find new ways of styling my hair. I have waist-length brown wavy hair that finds it's way into either a long french braid or a ponytail (when I don't want to fuss over it). Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :help:
I have very long hair too...I put something in a post that was ostensibly a reply to Sunstone. Maybe his Acme Latex Love Doll can try it out.

I've done a brief search on the web, and there is darned little on very long hair styles that doesn't involve cutting it in some way or doing silly things with curling irons.

I found this though, which is a nice combo of techniques...it could be adapted in several different ways.

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/details.asp?ID=3939

This has some possibilities too:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip167.htm

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
MysticSang'ha said:
Not a goofy question at all, Dawny. :hug:

I used to get this peppermint smelling foot lotion that was mostly over-the-counter - you can still get it at Walgreen's. It used to be bottled in a pink and purple polka dotted container.............I think it actually had the word "foot" or "feet" on it..........oy, where is my mind?

Now, though, I use "Mint Bliss" lotion for feet and legs by Mary Kay (from their Private Spa collection). It smells great, with peppermint oil, but also menthol, rosemary extract, and eucalyptus plant mixed in there.

The best thing that I've found, Dawny, is to treat my feet to an at-home pedicure every now and then. I have to do it, because dancers often times have the absolutely worst feet ever. :eek: There are kits out on the market to do at home if you don't want to have it done professionally, but it's pretty easy to create your own pedicure "kit" from generic products, I think.

Extra-rich moisturizer
Moisturizing soap
Foot scrub (either bottled or you can use a pumice stone)

Do all three above in a tub or shower (I like to mix the extra-rich moisturizer with the soap, and then brush my feet with the pumice stone), rinse, dry, and then moisturize your feet with a pretty-smelling lotion of your choice.

I then paint my toe nails, personal choice obviously, but I like how it feels like a final touch to treating myself and making my feet look pretty.

Now, a professional pedicure goes beyond that with stuff like paraffin dips (ooooooohhh, that's SO nice) and feeling someone massage your feet for you...........it's totally worth it to me, but then again, we're working off a tight budget, so oftentimes stuff like that is a Mother's Day or birthday present -

makes mental note to tell husband that pedicure would be the perfect gift....... :162:

Peace,
Mystic

Thanks for the advice. (also makes mental note that pedicure would be perfect gift)

You dance? Dancing rocks. What type of dancing do you do?

evearael

I think, Bastet, I would certainly die if I worn stillettos. I have terrible balance with any sort of high heel. I wore ballet slippers when I married.

Short hair is fun, and locks of love is a very worthy cause. I love my hair because I don't have to do anything to it... I don't have time! Though, you should style your hair in such a way to flatter your face and your body type, and also take into consideration the amount of work you put into it.