• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

CDRaider

evearael said:
That's adorable! I may have to try that, but I've had limited success getting her to laugh once she's passed a certain point.

well I'll bet she'll find an excuse to cry tonight, let us know if it works!

lunamoth

Will to love
Hi girls, I'm hoping someone here might have some insight or words of comfort to share. I'm sure it's nothing, or will turn out to be nothing, but I had a physical this morning and my doc suspects an ovarian cyst. I'm not panicking or anything...still need to go in for an ultrasound to find out more, but I'm wondering if anyone else here has had a similar experience? Should I worry? :eek:

luna

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
lunamoth said:
Hi girls, I'm hoping someone here might have some insight or words of comfort to share. I'm sure it's nothing, or will turn out to be nothing, but I had a physical this morning and my doc suspects an ovarian cyst. I'm not panicking or anything...still need to go in for an ultrasound to find out more, but I'm wondering if anyone else here has had a similar experience? Should I worry? :eek:

luna

I wouldn't worry. It's certainly not life-threatening and it poses significant risks only in a minority of cases - and even those are only related to one ovary.

Push comes to shove, get some eggs removed and frozen for later use, just in case. And that'll be the extent of it.

Developing cysts actually decreases your risk of dying of ovarian cancer. It's unclear whether this is because it decreases the risk of an ovarian tumor, or because women with ovarian cysts simply get more check-ups down there and catch cancers early - but the risk of dying is decreased just the same.

lunamoth

Will to love
Djamila said:
I wouldn't worry. It's certainly not life-threatening and it poses significant risks only in a minority of cases - and even those are only related to one ovary.

Push comes to shove, get some eggs removed and frozen for later use, just in case. And that'll be the extent of it.

Developing cysts actually decreases your risk of dying of ovarian cancer. It's unclear whether this is because it decreases the risk of an ovarian tumor, or because women with ovarian cysts simply get more check-ups down there and catch cancers early - but the risk of dying is decreased just the same.

Thank you so much Mila. That is comforting. Haha, my eggs have had all the chances they're going to get.

I guess I'm slightly more worried because my maternal grandmother died of cancer and while they never could find the original source they also did not rule out ovarian completely, and I know that tha genetic facotr increases risk.

Thank you again...if it is just a benign cyst perhaps that will be a good thing in the long run if it decreases my chance for ovarian cancer.

lunamoth

Will to love
evearael said:
Great big hugs for you, Luna! I hope all well be well for you. :)

Thank you evearael. :) Now I just have to wait to be scheduled for this ultrasound. For added fun I've also had some kind of heart flutter going on that started since we moved last year (I wrote it off to the change in altitude) and I will have to do some kind of home monitoring for two weeks. Oh joy!

evearael

That would be a Holt monitor, if I remember correctly. Those are fun. The adhesive made me itch up a storm.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
lunamoth said:

luna

I would say that the doctor having a suspicion as to what something might be is actually a good sign. Then he/she understands certain symptoms and will be able to get things taken care of at an early stage. I had a friend in highschool that had ovarian tumors (she was only 15 when they found them). They put her on birth control and ended up removing one of them about a year or two later. The situation never posed much of a threat to her overall health, but the psychological damage that took place because her womanhood was threatened at such an early age was traumatic.

You, however, aren't 15. I think that you would be a lot better at handling a situation like this than a 15/16/17 year old. If it's a cyst, your experience should be milder than my old friend's. If they find it at an early stage (which it sounds to me like that's a possibility), then it shouldn't pose much threat to your overall health.

lunamoth

Will to love
zombieharlot said:
I would say that the doctor having a suspicion as to what something might be is actually a good sign. Then he/she understands certain symptoms and will be able to get things taken care of at an early stage. I had a friend in highschool that had ovarian tumors (she was only 15 when they found them). They put her on birth control and ended up removing one of them about a year or two later. The situation never posed much of a threat to her overall health, but the psychological damage that took place because her womanhood was threatened at such an early age was traumatic.

You, however, aren't 15. I think that you would be a lot better at handling a situation like this than a 15/16/17 year old. If it's a cyst, your experience should be milder than my old friend's. If they find it at an early stage (which it sounds to me like that's a possibility), then it shouldn't pose much threat to your overall health.

Thank you ZH...I'm getting the picture here that this is rather common. Yes, I'd much rather catch it early before it starts to give me problems. It would be quite something to be on the pill now...lol! But yes, I know that is done to help regulate hormone levels. Wonder if I could get one of those cute patches instead...

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
lunamoth said:
Wonder if I could get one of those cute patches instead...

You should get the one's with pictures on it that make it look like you have a tattoo. Okay fine, those don't exist. And I'm sure women wouldn't want to draw attention to that anyway.

But anyway, I think you'll be fine. Keep us posted here as you learn more.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
When I went in for a CT scan once in the hospital in order to find a possible bowel obsctruction for some pretty serious symptoms I'd had, the technician went over the pics with the doc on staff and informed me that it looked "pretty scary" on one of my ovaries. They suspected a cyst, but informed me that I needed to go get it checked out.

Well, I got better with my original symptoms, but I was a little concerned about the "pretty scary" remark about an ovarian cyst. So, I understand the emotions you're going through right now, Luna. :hug:

My story ended quite anti-climactic..............after going in to my OB-GYN, I was told that my cyst was completely gone, and going over my records indicated with 99.9% assurance that my cyst was merely the result of me ovulating while in the ER.

:slap: Some doctors can just be, you know, clueless. :p

Peace,
Mystic

evearael

My sis was misdiagnosed with an ovarian cyst a couple weeks back. She was sent to the ER and waited around for hours in agony only to find out it was just a really terrible flu. More hugs and warm wishes sent your way!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
lunamoth said:

luna

Hi Laurie....didn't see this until just now. Sorry that I don't have any insights on the subject but I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Post how it goes here, ok?

Glad you all returned safely from your trip. :)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Long time no talk, ladies. *sets kettle on for tea*

I have some exciting news......I have my first mammogram scheduled in January! Yaayyyy! :areyoucra

My well-woman check up this past Thursday showed nothing out of the ordinary with the breast exam and my pap. But now that I just turned 35, my doc let me know that I should expect all the fun to begin with the advent of medical screening. lol

So all of a sudden, I was referred to the mammography wing and the lab to set up appointments - I'm also going in to check my cholesterol levels.

How is everyone else doing? :flower:

*takes sip of Earl Grey tea*

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
My son Tyler is off school today, so I've run some errands today. I also was able to talk with a panel of Tyler's teacher and therapists, and it's sometimes frustrating that so little is understood of autism..........even when the teacher has had 8 years of training and experience with autistic kiddos.

We've agreed to have Tyler go through another round of tests to see if he is fitting his IEP. Some of us are wondering if he is actually more capable than his IEP is suggesting. That means that some time has been wasted with his education. :(

*sigh*

Peace,
Mystic

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Sorry I've nothing too interesting. I was really pleased to find some sweet Donna Karen thongs recently, I bought several pairs. My favs are a pair in lemon, with pink trim. Very pretty and totally sexy !

Melissa

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Sorry I've nothing too interesting. I was really pleased to find some sweet Donna Karen thongs recently, I bought several pairs. My favs are a pair in lemon, with pink trim. Very pretty and totally sexy !

Melissa

Girl talk is always interesting, my dear. :hugehug:

*offers tea* Would you like something to snack on or to drink?

I love sexy underwear - on me or on someone I like to look at! lol

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*sets coffee down in front of Melissa* However you like it, there's cream/sugar at your disposal. :flower:

And in case you're interested, I have too many variations to count. So whether you like a dark roast or a flavored (i.e. hazelnut) coffee, it's here for you to take whenever you want.

I used to have this thread open for anyone who wanted to stop by for some TLC. And just like any haven, it's always good to have refreshments on hand. ;)

Peace,
Mystic

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
I like a cappucinno, with lots of chocolate on top. I drink alot of coffee, and I'm fond of Italian cafes. For instant, I prefer Nescafe's Cap Columbie. A tasty brew :) I have sugar always.

Well, it's kept me going through a difficult year, certainly not one of my better ones. Strange though, I had a feeling back in 2006 that 2007 was not going to go well, blah :)

Pax
Melissa~