• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

ladyhawke

well your to young i reckon for it to be hormonal,thou that is still a possibilty,..C1 i understand the doc phobia but if things dont change pretty soon its what you have to do:sorry1: ..because it will need sorting before you become aneamic from over bleeding..

*hugs* kaz x

egroen

That would be frustrating... last month I had a period which pretty much lasted a full month (off and on). Doctor just simply said "It happens from time to time". Thanks Doc!

Except that right before it started, I had the worst evil pains in my stomach, like not cramps, but a sort of constant stabbing pain and I couldn't even move. They would come and go constantly. Then, I got my period that month and the pains went away and never came back, and then two weeks later, I got my period again, and it's been a constant two week thing since then.
Any chance you experienced a miscarriage? I had an experience like this years ago and that was what my doctor thought happened.

-Erin

Circle_One

egroen said:
That would be frustrating... last month I had a period which pretty much lasted a full month (off and on). Doctor just simply said "It happens from time to time". Thanks Doc!

Any chance you experienced a miscarriage? I had an experience like this years ago and that was what my doctor thought happened.

-Erin

Uhh.. I dunno. I don't think so, but I mean, I guess it could be a possibility. Wouldn't I have realized it though? Or did when it happened to you, you didn't realize it and your doctor just thought that's what it could have happened?

I'm trying to remember back to that time if I had missed a period or was late... the memory is hazy, but again, I guess it is a possibility. Would that have any reflection on the irregularities of my periods now?

And when that happened to you, were the pains just a one day thing or was it for a few days in a row? With me, they lasted a few days.

egroen

I think it was two days - two days of terrible cramping (WAY worse than normal) and I think I was a bit irregular afterwards (which is what prompted me to go in).

I had not missed a period and was probably pregnant for all of a week or so, but even a miscarriage at that time can be quite painful apparently. It's not that uncommon actually... a very similar situation with a girlfriend this month. Symptoms are sounding identical now that I think of them, and her doctor thought it might be the same thing.

-Erin

EDIT: I think I recall him saying many, many women have miscarriages like this (sometimes several) and never even realize it.

Circle_One

Wow! Well thank you for that, Erin! That's good to know. I at least finally have some insight as to what those pains could have been. They weren't fun and kind of freaked me out.

I think if this irregularity is still persisting by next month, then perhaps I'll drag my pansy butt to the doctors (actually, I'll probably have to be dragged).

Thanks ladies!

evearael

Wow! I didn't realize the rate was so high!
*Nods* I want five or six kids so I fear I'm likely to go through it at least once. My mom had one and my husband's mom had over a dozen before she had him. :(

egroen

C1, if it continues you really need to go into your doctor's. There is a chance it could also be cervical cancer or a cyst... both of which are relatively easy to diagnose and cure, if caught early enough.

-Erin

evearael

*settles down with a cup of Earl Grey*

My daughter just learned how to properly pronounce five dinosaur names. Before she was just saying "saurus." *Beam* I do need a break from reading to her, so I just dumped out a big tub of legos for her to play with... and now she's sitting in the lego tub.

I am eleven weeks along and just scheduled my first ob/gyn appointment. I finally got a doctor with glowing recommendations. :) I hope he works out. I'm really happy to be pregnant. I can't wait for the morning sickness (and now a chest cold) to go away.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Mmmmm, Earl Grey. My personal favorite. I love it sweetened with honey. How do you like it?

That is wonderful you found a good OB-GYN, Leonne. I think having a good doctor makes all the difference in the world. When I was pregnant with Dana, I know that my doctor made such a difference with his bedside manner coupled with his wisdom. And he was awesome in the delivery room when I finally gave birth.

Maybe your new doctor might shed some light on your nausea? Plus, maybe you'll get some great advice on how to keep lego blocks from sticking to your kids while you're taking a much-needed break. :D

Big hugs to you, dear. You're happy, and I'm deliriously happy FOR you. :hug:

Peace,
Mystic

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm so glad this thread is back! *jumps in happily*

In trying to cut down on my soda intake, I've been consuming hot chocolate. (Sometimes I wish I were a coffee or tea drinker!) I only get the store brand stuff, but it still feels luxurious!

I suppose I should be concentrating on finishing up my rough draft for my term paper due Friday instead of posting here. Unfortunately, this is a lot more fun!

evearael

I love Earl Grey with a bit of sugar or honey. Sadly, we are out of honey at the moment. I've picked up tea with caffeine because it soothes my tummy from the nausea and cold, but only a cup a day, steeped for one minute.

I really love how my daughter just sort of melts off of my lap. It's so funny looking. :) I've been so sentimental lately... thinking about how tiny she was when she was first born and how she said in a matter of fact tone, "Waa! Waa!" It wasn't a cry as much of a statement. It's kind of odd thinking of our little family having four members instead of three. I wonder what kind of big sister my little girl will be. I am the eldest of three girls, and I absolutely adore my sisters now and got along with them more often than not while growing up. It's strange showing so much faster with this pregnancy. It makes me feel like I'm further along than I actually am. I feel so... antsy.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
evearael said:
I love Earl Grey with a bit of sugar or honey. Sadly, we are out of honey at the moment. I've picked up tea with caffeine because it soothes my tummy from the nausea and cold, but only a cup a day, steeped for one minute.

I really love how my daughter just sort of melts off of my lap. It's so funny looking. :) I've been so sentimental lately... thinking about how tiny she was when she was first born and how she said in a matter of fact tone, "Waa! Waa!" It wasn't a cry as much of a statement. It's kind of odd thinking of our little family having four members instead of three. I wonder what kind of big sister my little girl will be. I am the eldest of three girls, and I absolutely adore my sisters now and got along with them more often than not while growing up. It's strange showing so much faster with this pregnancy. It makes me feel like I'm further along than I actually am. I feel so... antsy.

My second pregnancy found my uterus pushing out nearly the minute after I found out I was pregnant. I didn't show at all until I was around four months with Tyler, but with Dana I was getting out my stretchy pants just a few weeks into it. :p

FeathersinHair said:
In trying to cut down on my soda intake, I've been consuming hot chocolate. (Sometimes I wish I were a coffee or tea drinker!) I only get the store brand stuff, but it still feels luxurious!

I suppose I should be concentrating on finishing up my rough draft for my term paper due Friday instead of posting here. Unfortunately, this is a lot more fun!

Mmmmmm, hot chocolate. Perfect cold weather beverage - takes me back to my childhood when I'd play out in the snow and then come back inside to some hot chocolate that my mum would fix. :)

Peace,
Mystic

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:

What is your term paper on? I'm working on term paper and an essay at the moment... well, not right this moment, I'm procrastinating here. :p

I haven't been very focused lately. I feel very distracted by all the election stuff...

Oh! I love Earl Grey tea too, it is my favorite. I should fix a cup and get to writing these papers!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I wish there could be a sub-forum for girl talk. I know what you mean...sometimes I cry for no reason also. Go to a hair stylist and ask for recommendations on what would look good on you. They analyze your face shape etc. You can ask them for magazines with different hairstyles to see which ones you like. What really gets me is when guys make whistling and other calling noises to girls. It is so disrespectful. They do it when I'm with my parents and even when I'm with my boyfriend. Imagine the other day I was waiting for a taxi with my parents and this van slowed up with three ugly, gross looking men, one holding a beer bottle and one saying "Yeah baby!" My dad was like, "Yeah! That's my wife and my daughter." Once when I was with my boyfriend some fool passing by yelled, "Hey! You're holding my girlfriend's hand!" I'm not saying all guys are like that. My boyfriend for one restored my faith in guys. Generally though, if a guy likes a girl, he should approach her like a gentleman and introduce himself, not carry on like a wild caveman in heat. How do you girls deal with such scenarios? What do you say to the men? I'm looking for good comebacks (minus any curse words).

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Maize said:

What is your term paper on? I'm working on term paper and an essay at the moment... well, not right this moment, I'm procrastinating here. :p

Hehee, procrastination... It's what I would do best if I could be bothered enough not to put off procrastinating! :D

Since the subject involves religion, I had actually attempted to post a thread prompting discussion. Unfortunately, I think the server was out when I posted it, so it hasn't shown up since. Maybe I'll try creating another. *ponders this* The class I'm doing it for is "Microbes and Society". For our term paper, we're pretty much allowed to come up with a topic of our choosing focusing on a particular disease, the way disease have affected history or the social aspects of such things. I remembered that there was a Hindu goddess of smallpox, [SIZE=-1]****ala mata, and started researching the topic to find that there's been a number of gods and goddesses that have been 'invented', especially in polytheistic religions, in order to deal with plagues, personify them, and give their worshippers something to hope to 'bargain' with. I asked if I could do my paper on this and the professer agreed! *happy dance*

What's your paper on, if I may ask?
[/SIZE]

ayani

Hema- my response is to keep walking and laugh to myself. men can be creeps, unfortunately.

i find that attempts at "come backs" just give the hecklers more attention that they deserve. their sleazy comments are not worth your time. :no:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Hehee, procrastination... It's what I would do best if I could be bothered enough not to put off procrastinating! :D

Since the subject involves religion, I had actually attempted to post a thread prompting discussion. Unfortunately, I think the server was out when I posted it, so it hasn't shown up since. Maybe I'll try creating another. *ponders this* The class I'm doing it for is "Microbes and Society". For our term paper, we're pretty much allowed to come up with a topic of our choosing focusing on a particular disease, the way disease have affected history or the social aspects of such things. I remembered that there was a Hindu goddess of smallpox, [SIZE=-1]****ala mata, and started researching the topic to find that there's been a number of gods and goddesses that have been 'invented', especially in polytheistic religions, in order to deal with plagues, personify them, and give their worshippers something to hope to 'bargain' with. I asked if I could do my paper on this and the professer agreed! *happy dance*

What's your paper on, if I may ask?
[/SIZE]

Interesting!

My term paper is for my history class, it's on the Little Ice Age and its effect on agriculture in Medieval Europe. My essay is a persuasive essay :D for my English class and of course the topic I picked was Same Gender Marriage.