• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Buttercup said:
She a game player Nick.....don't waste your time if she's done it before, you've already had one bad experience with this type of girl. What happens is that sometimes girls can't stand the thought that YOU'RE not interested in them anymore. So they turn the charm on to see if they still have the power to reel you in once again. Once it works they are satisfied and want nothing more. Sorry, but it's the truth. Just take my word for it and move on hon. There's someone for you....I'm sure of it. And you deserve someone honest and a straight player from the start. Anything less is just a waste. :hug:
That''s what I was looking for. That makes sense (somewhat).

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The nice thing is, Mister T, is that not all girls are like that. There are plenty of women who don't play that game. :)

Thanks so much for all the hugs, everyone! I feel a little better today. Last night at rehearsals was rough, though...........I missed two lines in our run-through and ended up causing "dead space" on stage (where there's too much lag-time in between lines). I also screwed up a few really important dance sequences where I ran into another performer. The director, the stage manager, and the assistant stage manager all pulled me aside and asked what the hell was going on. I told them, and apologized for not keeping my mind on the show like I'm supposed to. And then I apologized again for being unprofessional. What was wild was that they all were totally cool about it, and they said that they only were concerned because I never make such blatant mistakes like I did last night.

Then they told me not to be so hard on myself.......and that they know I'll be fine. :cloud9:

That made me feel a lot better. Last night was weird because I usually give myself some time to "grieve" the loss of my kids, and I pamper myself and cry and watch chick-flicks and cry some more. But last night I had to jump right in to work just a few hours after dropping them off at the airport.

Today's going to be better. I haven't quite gotten to the point of completely letting go yet, but I'm much better than I was yesterday.

Thanks, again. :flower2:

Peace,
Mystic

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
It seems like there has been hugs going around a lot on this thread lately, and right now I feel like I need some too. (sigh) Sorry. This is random and vague, but yeh. You girls are awesome, so thanks in advance.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
zombieharlot said:
It seems like there has been hugs going around a lot on this thread lately, and right now I feel like I need some too. (sigh) Sorry. This is random and vague, but yeh. You girls are awesome, so thanks in advance.
awww zombie, of course we have hugs for you. :hug: I hope your day goes well. :group:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
:hug: Here's one, Harlot.

:hug: and here's another

:hug: and another

:hug: one more for good measure! I'm not allowed to give any more in this post, though. *winks*

You're simply lovely, Harlot!

Peace,
Mystic

evearael

Big hugs from afar! Feel better soon!

Booko

Deviled Hen
zombieharlot said:
How about we have our little shoe convo in here, Booko?

Oh, you're so quick! I was only on Neopets for a few minutes...

And yes, I know what you mean about some having to special order bras. I'm kind of on the edge there myself. I really wonder at women who would actually *want* to have breast augmentation. Being too large is really uncomfortable, and sometimes bad for your back too! aargh!

Anyway, with the shoe thing -- yes! I have considered ordering online, but I don't really know where would be a good place to look. I mean, just googling "shoes" brings up a few sites, eh?

When it comes to clothes, I go straight for the jewelry every time. I look for really unique pieces. That way no one looks at my feet. :D

So for shoes, I like basic colors and time-tested styles that will go with everything. Black. White. Navy. NO BROWN <shudder>.

But gosh, for the last few years I have had a heck of a time finding anything at all! Those uh hobnailed looking things are hardly what someone with big feet needs! And clogs...with symphony wear? That reminds me of the preppies back when who came to school in broomstick skirts and hiking shoes. <shudder> Uh...no thanks!

What I need is something with some *style* to it, but is built well. If my feet go off, I get migraines. (what fun) Cost really isn't an issue at this point, because if I buy cheap shoes I'll just be paying money to the chiropractor to fix my feet anyway.

OK -- so where in the heck can I look for some decent shoes? :help:

Especially something closed for winter? We go the the symphony in the winter in Atlanta, and we usually walk back some distance to the car. Yes, it does actually get cold here in Atlanta sometimes. :sarcastic

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Booko said:
Oh, you're so quick! I was only on Neopets for a few minutes...

Really fast one minute. An hour and a half late the next.

Anyway, with the shoe thing -- yes! I have considered ordering online, but I don't really know where would be a good place to look. I mean, just googling "shoes" brings up a few sites, eh?

When it comes to clothes, I go straight for the jewelry every time. I look for really unique pieces. That way no one looks at my feet. :D

So for shoes, I like basic colors and time-tested styles that will go with everything. Black. White. Navy. NO BROWN <shudder>.

But gosh, for the last few years I have had a heck of a time finding anything at all! Those uh hobnailed looking things are hardly what someone with big feet needs! And clogs...with symphony wear? That reminds me of the preppies back when who came to school in broomstick skirts and hiking shoes. <shudder> Uh...no thanks!

What I need is something with some *style* to it, but is built well. If my feet go off, I get migraines. (what fun) Cost really isn't an issue at this point, because if I buy cheap shoes I'll just be paying money to the chiropractor to fix my feet anyway.

OK -- so where in the heck can I look for some decent shoes? :help:

Especially something closed for winter? We go the the symphony in the winter in Atlanta, and we usually walk back some distance to the car. Yes, it does actually get cold here in Atlanta sometimes. :sarcastic

Well, I suppose I need to really get a feel for your style. You mention symphony wear. So, I take it this is mainly what you want shoes to go with?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
This website seems pretty cool. You can narrow down your searches to meet your needs. You can specify gender, type (boots, athletic, dress, etc.), color (so you don't have to look at brown shoes!), size, and width (narrow, medium, wide, extra wide).

http://www.shoes.com/

EDIT: And I forgot to mention the plethora of comapanies linked on the left.

evearael

Ugh! That time of the month again! I've been curled up in a ball all morning. I really want to try for another baby this coming month, but I know my cardiologist wants me to wait until September.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm a walking chocoholic when I'm on my period. I'm all about cupcakes and brownies then..........

I hope you feel better soon, Leonne. :hug:

Peace,
Mystic

Circle_One

Ok, I've got a question, now I hate girl talk and I'm definitely not one to do it, but this has been annoying me.

Any of you ladies ever find yourselves getting your "that time of the month" twice a month? For the last couple of months, I've been getting mine like every two weeks..

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Do your periods alternate between really heavy and really light every two weeks? I've heard that what may seem to be a really light period might actually be a sign of ovulation.

Peace,
Mystic

Circle_One

MysticSang'ha said:
Do your periods alternate between really heavy and really light every two weeks? I've heard that what may seem to be a really light period might actually be a sign of ovulation.

Peace,
Mystic

Nope, they're pretty much normal. It started a couple of months ago and I can't think of any change in my normal everyday lifestyle that could have set it off. Except that right before it started, I had the worst evil pains in my stomach, like not cramps, but a sort of constant stabbing pain and I couldn't even move. They would come and go constantly. Then, I got my period that month and the pains went away and never came back, and then two weeks later, I got my period again, and it's been a constant two week thing since then.

evearael

My period was extremely irregular in high school due to simply not eating enough to sustain a period (the anorexic phase) and extreme levels of stress (sexual abuse, fighting with parents...). It would come every couple weeks or every couple months... there was absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. Now that my stress levels are down and I'm eating enough, my periods are much more regular.

Circle_One

Hmm..

But see, I'm not stressed, I'm definitely not a high-stress level person, nor have I ever been, and my eating habits are the same as they've always been... so I'm still confused, haha.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I just did a search for some answers, and it could be stress, diet, or a combination of both it seems.

I hope you're OK, too, Circle One. :hug:

Peace,
Mystic

ladyhawke

Sorry to butt in girls...C1 if your on the mini pill as we call it in the UK that can bring on periods every two weeks..

Circle_One

Nope, not on the pill either, Ladyhawke, lol.

See though? There's no explanation! I totally don't understand it. It's driving me crazy.

And I'm reeeeeallly not a fan of doctors. Any doctor, so I'm really not wanting to go see them (I have an intense phobia of doctors and hospitals. My parent's literally had to drag me to the hospital, kicking and screaming when my son was ready to be born, haha).