• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl talk

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Any ladies up for some good girl talk?

No debates (obviously), no gossip, just good ol' fashioned girl time to get together and support each other through rough times, to give shoulders to cry on, to rant about menstrual cramps and bloating, to wonder why pimples and wrinkles can actually appear on my face at the same time (that's just not fair).........

We can talk about anything, girls. I'm having a menstrual moment, myself, and yesterday found me in tears several times over "nothing."

A couple of weekends ago, I went shoe-shopping and found the cutest pair of sandals at Baker's. :) They're cork-bottomed, pixie heels, and have bronze colored straps.

And finally, I HAVE to find new ways of styling my hair. I have waist-length brown wavy hair that finds it's way into either a long french braid or a ponytail (when I don't want to fuss over it). Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :help:

*Mystic cleans off her dining room table, gets some coffee, tea, and cakes ready for any girls wanting to stop by to chat*

Come on in, ladies! :flower:

BTW, "girl talk" is not exclusive to folks with only the XX chromosomes. ;)

Peace,
Mystic

lunamoth

Will to love
Lovely place you have here Mystic. :) I'll be sure to chime in. For now I need to go clean the bathrooms. My motto: "Clean the toilets every two weeks whether they need it or not."

luna

When I return we'll sit down for a cuppa. :coffee:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
MysticSang'ha said:
A couple of weekends ago, I went shoe-shopping and found the cutest pair of sandals at Baker's. :) They're cork-bottomed, pixie heels, and have bronze colored straps.

I love shoe shopping! But I'm very picky, so I don't buy many.

And finally, I HAVE to find new ways of styling my hair. I have waist-length brown wavy hair that finds it's way into either a long french braid or a ponytail (when I don't want to fuss over it). Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :help:

Well, I'd suggest my hairstyle but that would be quite a radical change than what you're used to. Mine is very short. Maybe just cutting to shoulder-length for a while and getting used to it at that length before doing else anything to it. If you're not wanting to cut it, I'm the wrong girl to ask. I have no idea what to do with long hair.

*Mystic cleans off her dining room table, gets some coffee, tea, and cakes ready for any girls wanting to stop by to chat*
Thanks! I'll have a decaf. :curtsy:

evearael

I don't know what to tell you about your hair dilemma... I keep mine short so I don't have to fuss with it much. Actually, I really need a haircut because my hair is touching my shoulders and driving me crazy.

I haven't been shopping in ages, but I'll need to go soon since my favorite shirts are being slowly demolished by my daughter.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, since this conversation is graciously opened even to the XX challenged, I'll come over for a cup of coffee and...those cakes look irresistable!

I can't suggest anything to do with your hair, Mystic, but I have a question. Until recently, I wore mine rather long for a male, and I found that even something as commonplace as shampooing it was a chore of extraordinary complexity, endurance, and determination. I've wondered, "How does anyone do it?" I mean, why doesn't everyone wear their hair short and easy to manage? Is that an absurd question? :help:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
lunamoth said:
Lovely place you have here Mystic. :) I'll be sure to chime in. For now I need to go clean the bathrooms. My motto: "Clean the toilets every two weeks whether they need it or not."

luna

When I return we'll sit down for a cuppa. :coffee:

Every two weeks? I wish I were that lucky..........if the toilets aren't cleaned every few days it starts to get disgusting.

I'll have the coffee pot on for you when you decide to stop by. :)

Peace,
Mystic

lunamoth

Will to love
MysticSang'ha said:
Every two weeks? I wish I were that lucky..........if the toilets aren't cleaned every few days it starts to get disgusting.

I'll have the coffee pot on for you when you decide to stop by. :)

Peace,
Mystic

Oh, my toilets have no special grunge-resisting powers. It's just a joke, and a bad one at that. Bathroom humor ya know.

Thanks for the cuppa. :) Now I can put off the bathrooms for a few more sips.

luna

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Maize said:
Well, I'd suggest my hairstyle but that would be quite a radical change than what you're used to. Mine is very short. Maybe just cutting to shoulder-length for a while and getting used to it at that length before doing else anything to it. If you're not wanting to cut it, I'm the wrong girl to ask. I have no idea what to do with long hair.

Thanks! I'll have a decaf. :curtsy:

Thanks for the suggestion, Maize. I went that route before, though, and I couldn't stand my hair or how I looked in it. I did like how it looked when it was a little past shoulder length, though. I know for sure that eventually it will get cut and donated to locks-of-love, and that I'll most likely keep my hair around shoulder length from then on out.

*serves up a cup of decaf for Maize*

BTW, cream and sugar - and honey and lemon for tea - are available on request, too. :)

Peace,
Mystic

lunamoth

Will to love
I've had short hair all my life. My mom had three girls in under five years, so we all had short hair. Every time I tried to grow it out 1) it drove me nuts and 2) it looked terrible. If you like it long I'd say keep it!

luna

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I'm feeling rather PMSIsh.

And let me ask a question...am I the ONLY one whose appetite becomes ravenous a week before her monthly?

I eat and crave like I'm pregnant! It's madness.

I want...cream cheese...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
evearael said:
I don't know what to tell you about your hair dilemma... I keep mine short so I don't have to fuss with it much. Actually, I really need a haircut because my hair is touching my shoulders and driving me crazy.

I haven't been shopping in ages, but I'll need to go soon since my favorite shirts are being slowly demolished by my daughter.

*sets place holder down for evearael's tea*

I know how that IS with shirts being used as play toys and spit-up rags for kids. LOL Do you have a favorite store you like to go to, or are you like me - a bargain hunter?

Peace,
Mystic

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

I have to wear my hair waste length or it looks goofy. I have naturally curly hair and if I keep it short and layered, I look like a mushroom head.

If you like to wear your hair long...maybe you could go for some layering?

Or maybe color?

I use hair color to add some life to my boring locks.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
dawny0826 said:
I have to wear my hair waste length or it looks goofy. I have naturally curly hair and if I keep it short and layered, I look like a mushroom head.

Or maybe color?

Not implying that your locks are boring. I'm having a bad hair day...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Sunstone said:
Well, since this conversation is graciously opened even to the XX challenged, I'll come over for a cup of coffee and...those cakes look irresistable!

I can't suggest anything to do with your hair, Mystic, but I have a question. Until recently, I wore mine rather long for a male, and I found that even something as commonplace as shampooing it was a chore of extraordinary complexity, endurance, and determination. I've wondered, "How does anyone do it?" I mean, why doesn't everyone wear their hair short and easy to manage? Is that an absurd question? :help:

*serves Sunstone with a cup of hot coffee and cake of choice*

You know, that isn't an absurd question at all. I like my hair long for it's exotic look, and when I really do fuss over it, it looks stunningly beautiful. But you're right, caring for it requires so much determination!

I guess long hair that looks great is worth the effort. :)

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
dawny0826 said:

Or maybe color?

*sets plate of cheesecake down for Dawny, with variety of toppings to choose from*

Anything to drink with that? :)

Oh, I know how you feel. I get cravings for chocolate when I'm going through PMS. It just happened to be that Easter was celebrated last week around that time, too, and so Mystic was happily eating any chocolates that didn't make their ways into the kids' Easter baskets. ;)

I bet you have gorgeous hair, Dawny. I know you didn't mean that I have boring locks. :hug:

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
lunamoth said:
Oh, my toilets have no special grunge-resisting powers. It's just a joke, and a bad one at that. Bathroom humor ya know.

Thanks for the cuppa. :) Now I can put off the bathrooms for a few more sips.

luna

Oh, I get it. :D

You must forgive the menstrual flaky mind, here. :D

Peace,
Mystic

SK2005

Saint in training
Well, if you wanted to buy a plane ticket, I'd layer/do your hair. I love doing hair, and I often get the request..."do something with it!!!"

I'm excited for summer because I need some new summer clothes and that means shopping!!! :D

P.S. I like this thread!!!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Thank you, Mystic.

Bring on the cheesecake (my fave, btw).

I had to chuckle because I ate quite a bit of my daughter's Easter candy, as well. :)

I'm not really happy with my hair these days. SK2005...if you were in the area...I'd SO let you do something with my hair.

As long as I can avoid the mushroom head look...I'm game for anything about now. :)

This may sound like a goofy question...but can anyone recommend a really good foot lotion? We're having cooler weather and my footsies look atrocious.

SK2005

Saint in training
Since I caught an awful cold/sickness during dead/finals week, I'm playing the SIMS...don't worry, my classes were canceled ;)

I thought when I moved into a house with 50 girls I was going to go crazy when it was everyone's 'time of the month', but actually it's not that bad.