• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl power?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Let drunk Erin tell you a story.

I went to help a friend move today, and it's a good thing I did. We were slated for about 7 people total, 3 heavy movers, some of us were just going to be picking up all the boxes and miscellaneous stuff.

Except 2 of the heavy movers didn't show up because a family emergency happened (totally understandable). The third didn't show up because he was sick.

So we had four women trying to move a single mom of one (but really, that's a lot of stuff). I work out pretty regularly, I used to have pretty good upper body strength back in the day (ha, not so much anymore. I was climbing on poles in my 20's), so we just tried to barge ahead.

Dear god. I had to carry a buffet and a couch with a single helpful neighbor (he has been recompensed with so much booze and pizza!) all the way out the back, around the entire apartment complex (think like... half a block), and back to the truck. I'm no softie, but lifting that much for such a sustained amount of time -- we got the buffet and couch to the truck, but after the couch, I started seeing black. I sat down, eventually made it to the bathroom, I felt like I was going to pass out, vomit, and potentially **** myself (that's what it felt like, go on, you've earned the laugh, but that's the way it was. I recovered without any horrible things happening).

But aside from those couple neighbor assists, the four of us got it ALL done. I'm currently wearing a wrist brace, I'm honestly drunk as hell because we went out after, I didn't have to drive. I found out this girl I've kinda been into is not only not gay at all, but is into one of my guyfriends and they've been talking, so that made me only get a little MORE drunk.

But the point?! The point is we got it done, and even aside from the heavy stuff (ha, after I almost passed out the buffet and couch were called "Erin killers," e.g. "ok someone else get the Erin killer into the living room") we got an entire mountain worth of stuff moved, and my friend is really happy, and my friends being happy makes me happy, and I hope you're happy now too. Yes YOU, be happy. That is all.

With love,
Erin

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

I went to help a friend move today, and it's a good thing I did. We were slated for about 7 people total, 3 heavy movers, some of us were just going to be picking up all the boxes and miscellaneous stuff.

Except 2 of the heavy movers didn't show up because a family emergency happened (totally understandable). The third didn't show up because he was sick.

So we had four women trying to move a single mom of one (but really, that's a lot of stuff). I work out pretty regularly, I used to have pretty good upper body strength back in the day (ha, not so much anymore. I was climbing on poles in my 20's), so we just tried to barge ahead.

Dear god. I had to carry a buffet and a couch with a single helpful neighbor (he has been recompensed with so much booze and pizza!) all the way out the back, around the entire apartment complex (think like... half a block), and back to the truck. I'm no softie, but lifting that much for such a sustained amount of time -- we got the buffet and couch to the truck, but after the couch, I started seeing black. I sat down, eventually made it to the bathroom, I felt like I was going to pass out, vomit, and potentially **** myself (that's what it felt like, go on, you've earned the laugh, but that's the way it was. I recovered without any horrible things happening).

But aside from those couple neighbor assists, the four of us got it ALL done. I'm currently wearing a wrist brace, I'm honestly drunk as hell because we went out after, I didn't have to drive. I found out this girl I've kinda been into is not only not gay at all, but is into one of my guyfriends and they've been talking, so that made me only get a little MORE drunk.

But the point?! The point is we got it done, and even aside from the heavy stuff (ha, after I almost passed out the buffet and couch were called "Erin killers," e.g. "ok someone else get the Erin killer into the living room") we got an entire mountain worth of stuff moved, and my friend is really happy, and my friends being happy makes me happy, and I hope you're happy now too. Yes YOU, be happy. That is all.

With love,
Erin
Did someone tell you that women are less capable of moving heavy objects? They were lying or at least misleading you. There is a slight statistical difference in strength between male and female humans. The difference is not enough to assume women aren't capable of any task.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Did someone tell you that women are less capable of moving heavy objects? They were lying or at least misleading you. There is a slight statistical difference in strength between male and female humans. The difference is not enough to assume women aren't capable of any task.

Oh I know. But even when I was absolutely ripped in terms of upper body strength, I couldn’t match male friends. There’s a curve and I’m on the average side of it I think. Then again I never tried to actually pack on muscle.

I did do a lot of lifting my own body. In my early 20’s I did a lot of pole acrobatics, both for sheer personal exercise and as a brief career. But that’s not saying a lot because I weighed as much as a waif.

But still, I think most people would be surprised by what that takes. I’m nowhere near that level anymore; but I’m just saying, even in my absolute prime, I’d still take really muscly people as the heavy lifters over myself. Regardless of sex/gender. I’ve just never been that strong except in relation to myself.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Oh I know. But even when I was absolutely ripped in terms of upper body strength, I couldn’t match male friends. There’s a curve and I’m on the average side of it I think. Then again I never tried to actually pack on muscle.

I did do a lot of lifting my own body. In my early 20’s I did a lot of pole acrobatics, both for sheer personal exercise and as a brief career. But that’s not saying a lot because I weighed as much as a waif.

But still, I think most people would be surprised by what that takes. I’m nowhere near that level anymore; but I’m just saying, even in my absolute prime, I’d still take really muscly people as the heavy lifters over myself. Regardless of sex/gender. I’ve just never been that strong except in relation to myself.
I think I understand now. Your post is in celebration of your personal and your friends achievement. You just happen to be all female.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I think I understand now. Your post is in celebration of your personal and your friends achievement. You just happen to be all female.

Thus the question mark, it’s a joke. I wouldn’t classify any of us as heavy lifters haha

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

With love,
Erin

Well done! I'm due to help some friends move house soon...my limbs are strong but my back is more delicate than something which is very delicate. :eek:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
The story is also that it’s 6:30 AM and boy am I chatty when I’m drunk. That’s ok though, I own my openness ^.^

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Well done! I'm due to help some friends move house soon...my limbs are strong but my back is more delicate than something which is very delicate. :eek:

Use those good mechanics! Of all the ouches I took today, back injury was thankfully not one because of that ^.^

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

With love,
Erin

It's a nice feeling once you're done with the hard work, and you get some appreciation from a friend (even a simple thanks is fine, but booze and pizza always hit the mark).

I helped my sister-in-law and her husband move 8 cubic metres of dirt last weekend (fill for some concreting work they're getting done). Took 2 days, and my back still aches, but they saved over a $1000 because of it. So that's my good deed for this year. With a little luck, I'll have until next year before getting dragged into more heavy lifting/digging/carting.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

With love,
Erin
Well done, even though that made me tired just by thinking of it. I have some slight doubt about those heavy lifters claiming emergency at the same time, but I guess coincidences happen.

Ciao

- viole

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A bunch'o hens moving things...I don't think I could bear to
watch that happen. However, I tell people that the heaver
things get, the easier they are to move...just use the right tools.
As Archimedes said (exact translation from Greek)...
"Give me a lever long enuf & a fulcrum on which to
place it, & I can break any valuable antique engine.
Or destroy the lever."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2021-7-20_3-40-50.gif

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Well done, even though that made me tired just by thinking of it. I have some slight doubt about those heavy lifters claiming emergency at the same time, but I guess coincidences happen.

Ciao

- viole

They're brothers, and I know their family emergency was definitely real. They're excused... this time! Haha ^.^ (Ok, that sounds a little too cheery for what happened. But they are doing OK. I've checked on them today.)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
A bunch'o hens moving things...I don't think I could bear to
watch that happen. However, I tell people that the heaver
things get, the easier they are to move...just use the right tools.
As Archimedes said (exact translation from Greek)...
"Give me a lever long enuf & a fulcrum on which to
place it, & I can break any valuable antique engine.
Or destroy the lever."

You'd have been like Helpful Neighbor Guy then, haha (I guess I never got his name). We're standing around the couch and buffet that we managed to get outside just scratching our heads, tentatively lifting it and putting it back down, and he's like "woah woah woah. Would you like some help?!"