• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girl on Facebook

So, I messaged this girl I knew from back in the day just to catch up with her. Didn't really expect her to reply, but she did and even asked me for my phone number. I gave it to her, but I haven't heard from her in a few days now, though she's been on Facebook. Hasn't "seen" the message yet.

What do you think's going on here? I didn't even mention anything about trading numbers, she was the one who brought it up. She lives really far away, is a Mormon missionary who converted me.

I know I shouldn't be obsessing over a Facebook conversation but I'm one of those guys who gets really excited over the smallest interaction. :/

Kapalika

Premium Member
I know I shouldn't be obsessing over a Facebook conversation but I'm one of those guys who gets really excited over the smallest interaction. :/

In my experience that means you gotta get some female friends. Can't go off interpreting everything as interest and when you got platonic points of reference it's easier to navigate that. I've been there though too with girls particularly before I came out as trans/female. That's just what I found helped me put it in context, just generally being myself more, not worrying about anything and just having more friends generally. That's why relationships can come when you least expect it... pushing or hoping for it too much can make you to trip up lol.

In my experience that means you gotta get some female friends. Can't go off interpreting everything as interest and when you got platonic points of reference it's easier to navigate that. I've been there though too with girls particularly before I came out as trans/female. That's just what I found helped me put it in context, just generally being myself more, not worrying about anything and just having more friends generally. That's why relationships can come when you least expect it... pushing or hoping for it too much can make you to trip up lol.

Yeah, you're right. I have a hard time making friends with people in general, though. I've known about three girls this past semester who I was sort-of friends with. One was very nice to me (very flirty, actually), invited me to do stuff with her, and would hug me. She moved back home to Japan, though. Another I only knew from and saw at church. The third invited me to her place but is absolutely awful at replying back if I text her, so I said "**** it."

Don't think about read receipts. Really.

People read messages and then they slip out of their heads. Maybe it was an appointment, maybe they were multitasking, maybe they thought of a reply but didn't reply, etc.

Take your mind off of read receipts. Nothing good can come out of thinking about them.

Seconding what Mandi said.

Well, by now she has seen it, so only question is if she'll text me or something. If she doesn't I can always ask her what her number is. I hate read receipts and which they'd get rid of them, they fuel my neurosis.