• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*Giggles*

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am happy to announce that my latest character in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, a strapping female barbarian, affectionately named Giggles is currently my highest character, in virtually all categories. This erstwhile killer is now at the robust level of Paragon 832 and has amassed a ridiculous fortune of 20.95 billion gold. (In contrast my relentless gaming partner has a mere 6 billion gold.)

Our fearless murderess has managed to get to the Solo level of Greater Rift 71 and only dies once or twice during such outings. Therein lies another feature of Giggles. For Season 13 my Diablo buddy and I decided to take a break from Hardcore mode (where if your character dies... it's gone, and you lose everything on the character) to play the vastly simpler Softcore mode (where death is an inconvenience and it only costs a bit of gold to repair your toys. This is Energizer bunny mode, so all you have to be is persistent. The only thing to lose is a bit of dignity but that comes cheap too.)

Likewise, Giggles is the first character to unlock the "Primal" Legendary items from completing a Greater Rift 70 alone and that has been a bugaboo for me, for some time now. Sadly, I must report that getting the odd "Primal" item now is neat, and the items have perfect stats on them but so far I have not got a single item that I would actually use. Due to this disappointment I certainly won't be under any pressure to try to get these in Hardcore mode As dying "only" once during a Greater Rift would be a little more than upsetting in Hardcore mode.

So, with the start of Season 14 in mid June, we will happily return to hardcore only mode and never look back on Softcore mode again. It was a learning experience though, so was not a waste of time. I now can see the limitations of my favorite character build and have a better understanding of how far I can push a character in Hardcore mode. :) Happy times.

The point is that Giggles will likely remain the undisputed champion of my entourage for some time to come as her records will not be easy to break in Hardcore mode.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Holy moly Ymir, that's some real dedication to your character!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am happy to announce that my latest character in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, a strapping female barbarian, affectionately named Giggles is currently my highest character, in virtually all categories. This erstwhile killer is now at the robust level of Paragon 832 and has amassed a ridiculous fortune of 20.95 billion gold. (In contrast my relentless gaming partner has a mere 6 billion gold.)

Our fearless murderess has managed to get to the Solo level of Greater Rift 71 and only dies once or twice during such outings. Therein lies another feature of Giggles. For Season 13 my Diablo buddy and I decided to take a break from Hardcore mode (where if your character dies... it's gone, and you lose everything on the character) to play the vastly simpler Softcore mode (where death is an inconvenience and it only costs a bit of gold to repair your toys. This is Energizer bunny mode, so all you have to be is persistent. The only thing to lose is a bit of dignity but that comes cheap too.)

Likewise, Giggles is the first character to unlock the "Primal" Legendary items from completing a Greater Rift 70 alone and that has been a bugaboo for me, for some time now. Sadly, I must report that getting the odd "Primal" item now is neat, and the items have perfect stats on them but so far I have not got a single item that I would actually use. Due to this disappointment I certainly won't be under any pressure to try to get these in Hardcore mode As dying "only" once during a Greater Rift would be a little more than upsetting in Hardcore mode.

So, with the start of Season 14 in mid June, we will happily return to hardcore only mode and never look back on Softcore mode again. It was a learning experience though, so was not a waste of time. I now can see the limitations of my favorite character build and have a better understanding of how far I can push a character in Hardcore mode. :) Happy times.

The point is that Giggles will likely remain the undisputed champion of my entourage for some time to come as her records will not be easy to break in Hardcore mode.
What does all that mean in English?
(I recognize many words, but just not in that order.)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Holy moly Ymir, that's some real dedication to your character!
Thanks. It does take a lot of work and the character is a total blast to play. It's sort of like the Tazmanian Devil as it whirlwind's around killing everything, all the while laughing in her sweet little voice. Yep, she is never happier than when she returns from the fields of battle, soaked in blood, rattling with her latest gold acquisition. :) (OK, I take the role-playing thing to extremes...)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What does all that mean in English?
(I recognize many words, but just not in that order.)
Hehe. Yeah, I know.
This video has clips of the barby in action. Rhykker is THE goto man for Diablo 3. I almost understand everything he says. That is worrying.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yep, she is never happier than when she returns from the fields of battle, soaked in blood, rattling with her latest gold acquisition. :) (OK, I take the role-playing thing to extremes...)
You sir, represent the fall of western civilization.
Maybe the destruction of the human race.
Tom

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You sir, represent the fall of western civilization.
Maybe the destruction of the human race.
Tom
Why, thank you. *sniffle* That is so kind. I do try.

Her damage is only approaching 2 million per second (1.935) and she is a great exterminator but I never imagined that would be enough to promote the fall of Western civilization, let alone the human race. Then again, she is a Nephalem, so it's not like she cares too much. :) It's all about the gold for her.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. It does take a lot of work and the character is a total blast to play. It's sort of like the Tazmanian Devil as it whirlwind's around killing everything, all the while laughing in her sweet little voice. Yep, she is never happier than when she returns from the fields of battle, soaked in blood, rattling with her latest gold acquisition. :) (OK, I take the role-playing thing to extremes...)
Barbarian and Crusader are the only classes i haven't played. I've never been a tank person, but i can see how it can be fun :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Barbarian and Crusader are the only classes i haven't played. I've never been a tank person, but i can see how it can be fun :D
Personally, I detest the Crusader class. Very unintuitive game-play. The barby rocks, however. Not as powerful as the Demon Hunter but really fun to play.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Why, thank you. *sniffle* That is so kind. I do try.

Her damage is only approaching 2 million per second (1.935) and she is a great exterminator but I never imagined that would be enough to promote the fall of Western civilization, let alone the human race. Then again, she is a Nephalem, so it's not like she cares too much. :) It's all about the gold for her.
Not her.

You.

Tom

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I haven't played that game in forever! Nice choice!

David T

Premium Member
My ex wife...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just got the Necromancer expansion for PS4 awhile ago, and basically played long enough to get to level 60 (70? don't remember the level cap) and get bored with killing one thing and then making everything else explode in a mess of gore. Fun character, for sure, and I always love gore, but it got very boring very quick doing an endless repeat of "curse, ghost thingy, curse induced explosions, torrents of corpse spikes, more curse induced explosions, move on, repeat."

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
It's like believing in `God` or something !
I guess there's some games in life's stuff,
but....I try to avoid them.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
*jaw drops to floor*
*hastily reattaches jaw*
Ah, that's good, but not great.
I know. It's a problem with the build itself. It's not the most powerful barby build, by any stretch, but it is pretty awesome for everyday play, especially for us older players who are getting a bit long in tooth.