• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghosts

When we forget people altogether I think it develops a problem in society as a whole and the important thing is to morn for them and never really move on if it is the truth.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe some people have skill to assess spiritual energies (lack of better words) to influence and heal heavy emotions (say if one is empathic and takes on people's heavy hot energy-auras) and lift them. I think that's why meditations are important and things that express who you are as a person-creative expression is another example.
Beautifully said, thank you (2 good reminders)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I see people seeing ghosts as a possible sign of physical sickness (in which case, the ghosts could possibly not be real), spiritual sickness, or either being into the occult or doors having been opened. In the case of spiritual sickness, the way I see things, though I don't know how to prove something like this - is that being sick in your spiritual life, could accidentally and potentially get you on a plain you didn't intend, and as a result, you could see spirits.

When I say spiritual sickness, I see a few things causing it. Emotional pain, hurt, depression, lack of motivation, hopelessness, lack of God, lack of role models, listening to harmful beliefs, etc.

My grandfather said he has seen ghosts, although I've never seen any ghosts.

When my father was in the hospital on his death bed, he said that he saw our Uncle John (who had been deceased for years) walking through the hospital room. This was a few days before he died. I don't know if he was hallucinating, dreaming, or whether he actually could see "into the next dimension," so to speak.

infrabenji

I see people seeing ghosts as a possible sign of physical sickness (in which case, the ghosts could possibly not be real), spiritual sickness, or either being into the occult or doors having been opened. In the case of spiritual sickness, the way I see things, though I don't know how to prove something like this - is that being sick in your spiritual life, could accidentally and potentially get you on a plain you didn't intend, and as a result, you could see spirits.

When I say spiritual sickness, I see a few things causing it. Emotional pain, hurt, depression, lack of motivation, hopelessness, lack of God, lack of role models, listening to harmful beliefs, etc.
My last place was a hundred and twelve years old. I used to see a girl with a similar build to my fiancé walk by to the kitchen out of the periphery of my eye and I’d get up to go into the kitchen to give her a kiss or something and she’d be in the bedroom upstairs or outside. Major heebeejeebees. Made me wonder if there are multiple layers of universes and sometimes they overlap in places. So, I’m just seeing very briefly into an alternate reality where at that moment my fiancé or some other girl in that other reality did walk to the kitchen. Maybe there are alternate reality ghosts lol? I don’t know just some alpo for thought. If you could be a ghost from an alternate reality what alternate reality would you choose and who would you haunt? I’d choose an alternate reality where Garth Brooks never learned to play music and I just yell “and the thunder rolls” at totally random times throughout his day and night when he’s alone.

infrabenji

Allow me to give you an anecdotal riddle.
Let’s say you have two people diagnosed with psychosis (with hallucinations as a symptom).
They both see a ghost simultaneously, and give the same description of its appearance and actions.
Are they seeing a hallucination? If it was the one patient by themselves, this is how it is marked as. But when the hallucination happens simultaneously for two separate individuals?
Is it perhaps a shared psychosis? Furthermore, could you ever hope to convince the patient that they are indeed hallucinating, and not seeing actual ghosts, after such an experience? From my anecdotal experience, the answer is no
Cool thought experiment. Just curious, don’t people have shared hallucinations? That would be a trip. I’ve had some schizophrenic people pass through my life and they were definitely seeing something I wasn’t. I’ve also had a lady in my life who saw the same ghost for almost 70 years but never felt threatened and I don’t think she was ill or anything despite being ancient old. Total ****** old lady actually. Wish she haunted me. I’d leave her favorite drink out for her every night.

infrabenji

I have my concerns that this is going to turn into a thread where people cherry pick my post and think that I'm saying "Ghosts are just physical illness" or "Ghosts are just illness", when actually I'm saying "Ghosts are real in my opinion. In some cases, they can be schizophrenia or some other condition, but many aren't. However, I take the stance that associating with ghosts is mostly meaningless and leads down a rabbit-hole that usually is high risk, little reward."
Thanks for pointing out that people can cherry pick a thread heading and post and miss the fun, cool ideas, and thoughtful discussions that the question is meant to bring. It’s a bummer when that happens. I’ve had a lot of fun already reading people’s different ideas about ghosts. Great thread topic and post. Looking forward to following along.