• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ghosts/spirits

elmarna

while I will never claim that there are or are not this in life.
i have yet to define them in a way i can be confident how to support it.
I have applied different reasoning, yet am left unsaid because of a experience when I was 13 or 14.
I was a immaginative kid. With normal issues as a teenager.
I was curious of the paranormal,but not obsessed.I was told that if you ever saw 1 all you had to do is insist it go away & thus it would be vanquished.I also was told it would do you no harm....any way - I was in bed. i was 1 of 13 children & i wanted a bedroom of my own so they curtained a cornor of the basement for me.
I was not tired & layed there trying to encourage my self to sleep. no lights on & no noise. For some reason I felt a draft. i was mystefied. Next the curtains started moving. I sat up to watch the curtains part & a light greenish yellow glow appear. it was not long before a lady in long dress to past her ankles appeared.
she looked sad! A perfume of some flower I never smelled before became strong.
I told her to go away almost in a angry manner.[i expected her to leave]
she did not. She slowly approached the bed.
Now I am frightened! SOooo doing what all kids do I rushed underneith the covers & huddled at the foot of the bed saying that the powers of god cammand you to leave & meant it!
After sometime [hour or more] I deciced if she did not listen she at least got bored & was gone. I was relaxed & felt the need to peek to make sure. I crawled back up to the top of the covers & pulled them down ....
I got my answer - THERE WAS HER FACE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME INCHES AWAY!!!
I screamed & went back down to the bottom of the bed & slept in a curled up fetal position all night.
She was not there when I awoke.
while i experienced it, I can not ever understand why or what for.
It leaves me in limbo on the subject matter [since immagination can do things]
I keep insisting I did not immagine it. I JUST DON'T KNOW
WHAT DO YOU THINK?:confused:

HonestJoe

I see no reason for this not to be explained by an intense dream, possibly with the narrative built upon in your mind over the subsequent years.

Erebus

Wow, my own encounter pales into comparison with that. I think there is something, but I have no idea whether it's the souls of the dead, emotional imprints, shared hallucinations etc.

You saw something. Accept that you don't know exactly what it was or why you saw it and you'll save yourself a lot of stress ;)

DaBudaMasta

while I will never claim that there are or are not this in life.
i have yet to define them in a way i can be confident how to support it.
I have applied different reasoning, yet am left unsaid because of a experience when I was 13 or 14.
I was a immaginative kid. With normal issues as a teenager.
I was curious of the paranormal,but not obsessed.I was told that if you ever saw 1 all you had to do is insist it go away & thus it would be vanquished.I also was told it would do you no harm....any way - I was in bed. i was 1 of 13 children & i wanted a bedroom of my own so they curtained a cornor of the basement for me.
I was not tired & layed there trying to encourage my self to sleep. no lights on & no noise. For some reason I felt a draft. i was mystefied. Next the curtains started moving. I sat up to watch the curtains part & a light greenish yellow glow appear. it was not long before a lady in long dress to past her ankles appeared.
she looked sad! A perfume of some flower I never smelled before became strong.
I told her to go away almost in a angry manner.[i expected her to leave]
she did not. She slowly approached the bed.
Now I am frightened! SOooo doing what all kids do I rushed underneith the covers & huddled at the foot of the bed saying that the powers of god cammand you to leave & meant it!
After sometime [hour or more] I deciced if she did not listen she at least got bored & was gone. I was relaxed & felt the need to peek to make sure. I crawled back up to the top of the covers & pulled them down ....
I got my answer - THERE WAS HER FACE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME INCHES AWAY!!!
I screamed & went back down to the bottom of the bed & slept in a curled up fetal position all night.
She was not there when I awoke.
while i experienced it, I can not ever understand why or what for.
It leaves me in limbo on the subject matter [since immagination can do things]
I keep insisting I did not immagine it. I JUST DON'T KNOW
WHAT DO YOU THINK?:confused:

I think you have a very lively sense of imagination. Do you think you can keep a ghost away from you by just hiding under the covers? Why didn't it went in the covers with you? lol!