• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghosts and Demons

Just_me_Mike

"13": Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
"14": And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
"15": And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and
Paul I know; but who are ye?
"16": And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
"17": And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
For those that have not seen the latest movie Paranormal Activity, it is really close to how this passage suggests demons act.

I find this one of the most interesting sections of the bible when it comes to demons and ghosts.
The bible says that the dead go to a place of silence, and the saved go up to be with Jesus in heaven. Basically saying, ghosts aren't real.

So in this section of Acts, we are to conclude that demons act in ways that people might suggest are ghosts. Demons might know how to prey on those around them, for example a person loses their loved one, and the demon pretends to be the loved one. That is perfectly reasonable to assume if this passage is an actual account.

The distinction is that demons are evil spirits, and ghosts are left over spirits from human lives.

Anyway, I found it to be an interesting topic, how about you?