• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghost Caught on Camera (For real this time)?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
There's nothing in there that couldn't be done with simple special effects.

mycorrhiza

Definitely seen better special effects. This could be easily recreated with cheap video editing software and some transparent rope. Or since the frame rate is so low, you could just use stop motion for the movement.

idav

Being
Premium Member
That is a pretty cool video, that does look real, it reminds me of the most recent scary flick we watched "The Conjuring".

Just recently I got some video of some sort of entity trying to pull my covers but even with the video my wife thinks it was the cat.

Shermana

Heretic
There's nothing in there that couldn't be done with simple special effects.

That would not be simple whatsoever, that would be masterful hollywood style that would earn him several hundred thousand a year and would take expensive special effects software. It's extremely well done if it's special effects.

Shermana

Heretic
Definitely seen better special effects. This could be easily recreated with cheap video editing software and some transparent rope. Or since the frame rate is so low, you could just use stop motion for the movement.

Are you familiar at all with special effects software? That looks like an authentic security video footage, and having the guy dragged so forcefully while editing out the person doing so as seemlessly as it is would require some extreme skill.

I would love to see a link to some :better Special effects" on the amateur level.

The way the guy falls and drags, he should be a hollywood body double as well if that's all acting.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That would not be simple whatsoever, that would be masterful hollywood style that would earn him several hundred thousand a year and would take expensive special effects software. It's extremely well done if it's special effects.
It is well done, sure. But there are lots of people who have the skill and to create these kind of fakes. The equipment and software is not that expensive for someone in the industry, or even a serious hobbyist, or perhaps a film student.

mycorrhiza

Are you familiar at all with special effects software? That looks like an authentic security video footage, and having the guy dragged so forcefully while editing out the person doing so as seemlessly as it is would require some extreme skill.

The way the guy falls and drags, he should be a hollywood body double as well if that's all acting.

I've used one 5 or 6 years ago :D With some practice, it wouldn't be very difficult to make it look like a shadow appeared and pushed someone. Making it look like security footage is even easier.

There are several ways the dragging could have been made. Rope, stop motion, green screen, etc.

It's not too difficult to fall down without taking damage. I used to be able to when I trained jujitsu.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Shadow Ghost Attacking Man Caught On Camera? | The Viral Post

If not, that's some extremely good special effects, especially the way the guy is briefly dragged down the hall, and the fleeing in terror looks pretty authentic as well.

Do you think this is just a well made special-effects spoof, or could this be the real deal?

I definitely believe in ghosts.

This may or may not be real for all I know. The point is in this day and age I don't see how any video can be conclusive. That's why it irks me when skeptics say 'where's the evidence' when it's impossible to conclusively provide evidence.

Shermana

Heretic
I definitely believe in ghosts.

This may or may not be real for all I know. The point is in this day and age I don't see how any video can be conclusive. That's why it irks me when skeptics say 'where's the evidence' when it's impossible to conclusively provide evidence.

Indeed, it becomes an issue when the "evidence" can be simply written off as fake with or without a compelling reason or noticeable flaw, or when they refuse to even state what they'd accept as an example of such evidence.

Personally, I think the video looks very authentic, and I don't think anything less than some high skill and expensive software on par with Hollywood standards could make it look as authentic as it does.

If anyone would like to post a link to some similar quality known fakes, I'd like to see it.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
This was posted on a media site, this is like going to FOX news for quality programming.

If this video counts as evidence of a ghost then I bet the one I saw int he movie I watched last weekend int he cinema qualifies also because we all know that ghosts absolutely LOVE special effects.

The effect of flatulence on a piece of paper is more ghostly than what is presented int his video.

Also keep in mind that this video is using the same sort of digital effects used int he first Paranormal activity film and a few low budget ones that cannot come to mind as of now.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

Watch some movies dude, seriously. It is called frame (de)pixelation and is not a Hollywood special effect because it is extremely common.

A movie on a 15,000 did it so not very hard to believe. It is only hard when done in mass like what you saw in the film I Am Legend.

Seriously you should not jump to wild conclusions.

Shermana

Heretic
Watch some movies dude, seriously. It is called frame (de)pixelation and is not a Hollywood special effect because it is extremely common.

A movie on a 15,000 did it so not very hard to believe. It is only hard when done in mass like what you saw in the film I Am Legend.

Seriously you should not jump to wild conclusions.

Please show me the scene you speak of that cost less than 15,000 to make.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
If the team doing this had the same kind of "Low budget" as the Paranormal movies, they are some EXTREMELY rich people.

15,000 USD and the special effect doe snot require money just GIMP (which is free) and a lot of time. Takes me about 40 minutes to depixelate a frame in B&W and perform a Pleasantville Effect

Shermana

Heretic
15,000 USD and the special effect doe snot require money just GIMP (which is free) and a lot of time. Takes me about 40 minutes to depixelate a frame in B&W and perform a Pleasantville Effect

Surely you should have no problem linking to a similar scene using GIMP.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Shadow Ghost Attacking Man Caught On Camera? | The Viral Post

If not, that's some extremely good special effects, especially the way the guy is briefly dragged down the hall, and the fleeing in terror looks pretty authentic as well.

Do you think this is just a well made special-effects spoof, or could this be the real deal?

Is this the original footage?
The video is not smooth. This makes it a whole lot easier to edit it.
Quite fake, in my opinion.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Please show me the scene you speak of that cost less than 15,000 to make.

paranormalactivity.JPG

Watch the whole movie, then watch the American Juon film(second I believe).

I edit photos for sheer amusement, so I can assure you I like many other know exactly what we are claiming. If you do not like this fact then you are claiming all special effects are real :facepalm:

Also camera trickery basics, this video is in 1080 resolution and is grainy........someone altered the pixelation to this video. Why not send the original? You cannot have a grainy 1080 HD film, it is an oxymoron to cinematographers

Shermana

Heretic
paranormalactivity.JPG

Watch the whole movie, then watch the American Juon film(second I believe).

I edit photos for sheer amusement, so I can assure you I like many other know exactly what we are claiming. If you do not like this fact then you are claiming all special effects are real :facepalm:

Also camera trickery basics, this video is in 1080 resolution and is grainy........someone altered the pixelation to this video. Why not send the original? You cannot have a grainy 1080 HD film, it is an oxymoron to cinematographers

I'll have to watch the original PA (never saw it, heard it was bad) so I'll have to review it and see if it's comparable to this before I can get back to you.

I'm willing to accept this is fake, I'd just like to see something to compare to because that's some very compelling looking dragging. If there was a rope, they edited it out very well.