• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ghar Wapsi program welcomes 1200 families home.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Maybe I'm wrong but to me this seems to imply that Hinduism is a religion that you actually can convert to.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Maybe I'm wrong but to me this seems to imply that Hinduism is a religion that you actually can convert to.

Yes, you can convert to Hinduism, but these aren't really conversions, but deconversions from the previous conversion to Christianity. It happens a lot more than this, but on an informal basis. A Christian team shows up in a village, offers food or other incentives, and half the visitors 'convert' for the food, and once the Christians leave, thinking they were successful, everyone just goes back to Hinduism.

I have heard of non-Hindus besides Christians using the process as a conversion though, as well. Much rarer.