• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting Rid of Demons

firedragon

Veteran Member
characteristics-of-demons.jpg

I got rid of all my demons when I became an atheist.

Sure, I have a few "spirits", some good, some bad running around my head.
They all went away when I stopped believing in them.

Being a Muslim in a Muslim community I have very very rarely heard of demons. Inner or supernatural. But it's great that you got rid of yours. I think even for a Muslim who has some so called "demons" in them, ending that belief is the way to get rid of them.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I learned that there are no such things as demons when I became a Baha'i.

There are imo.
People give them "life" and control.
I didn't really notice their presence as much as their absence when they were gone.

They aren't things. They are entities created by the subconscious mind. To me as I see them.

Plenty of folks believe otherwise though.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Hmm. But aren't demons just personified representations of our own struggles and issues? I think it could be helpful to personify them at times, as long as it's not taken too literally.

IMO, they are independent, from our conscious control anyway, creations of the subconscious.
They can affect your moods and thoughts. Real or subconscious entity.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Only a subset of demons seems related to spiritual views.

I’m happy for you that you can un-believe so easily. Most of us can’t. Any tricks you can relate?

For me, I started at an early age. Facing my demons.
The first one I recall was when I was 7.
The demon under the bed.
I was afraid that if I left any arm or leg hanging off the bed. The demon would reach up and drag me under.
One day I simply became angry at being afraid. So night I decided I would sleep under the bed the whole night, i.e. face the demon.
After that night, I was never bothered by that demon again.

I suppose that got me onto the path of confronting every demon I became aware of.
Wasn't always aware of them. So a lifetime of facing them.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The ones that encouraged me to cause harm.
Didn't say it was a quick process.
You're saying that when you were a theist, you felt more prone to violence, and when you became an atheist, a lot of that was let go of?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You're saying that when you were a theist, you felt more prone to violence, and when you became an atheist, a lot of that was let go of?

Yes but the violence wasn't caused by being a theist.
The anger/violence was cause by my family.
Theism was just the culture I was raised in.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Being a Muslim in a Muslim community I have very very rarely heard of demons. Inner or supernatural. But it's great that you got rid of yours. I think even for a Muslim who has some so called "demons" in them, ending that belief is the way to get rid of them.
iu

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am willing to pay the price of being bothered by demons in order to be able to hear from God. Demons don't usually bother me though because they look for a weakness and in Jesus I have none.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hmm. But aren't demons just personified representations of our own struggles and issues? I think it could be helpful to personify them at times, as long as it's not taken too literally.

I believe that is a materialistic view that does not reflect reality.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No battle, you mean. Good and evil are equal you mean. What a sad way to think, that people doing evil will never have to answer for their actions.
No angels, no demons, just spirits who are mixed up with good and bad just like humans. Yin/Yang. In heaven as it currently is on Earth.