• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting Closer

InChrist

Free4ever
Melodramatic hyperbole. Also, the "good ol' days" of bible were awash with oppression, brutality. and bloodshed. Things have been "getting worse" since humans invented written language.
I think the Bible simply and blatantly reveals the depravity of human behavior and therefore our need for Jesus Christ the SAVIOR and Prince of Peace. Things have been getting worse, too bad humanity is so slow in recognizing reality and our need to call on the LORD.

InChrist

Free4ever
Don't really give Daemons credit for our suffering. We make our own in our unkindness to each other.
I agree we are responsible for a lot of our own unkindness and sinful ways, yet I believe the scriptures indicate that demonic beings are at work trying to trigger our thoughts in negative sinful directions. That is why the Bible says we are to take our thoughts captive to Christ instead of just speaking or acting out whatever comes to mind.

InChrist

Free4ever
Surprisingly no one has touched upon this. If the idea of eating human flesh is considered demonic, then why is it Christians symbolically eat the human flesh and drink the human blood of Jesus?
There is that one difference there and it is as you said "symbolically". No one eats the human flesh or blood of Jesus. The bread and wine/juice only represent His body and blood.... unless maybe someone is a Catholic, then that's another topic.

InChrist

Free4ever
People give too much importance to what random professors say. There's plenty of professors who are cranks and idiots, although you are exaggerating the shock of this. Humans are made up of flesh - meat - the same as cows and pigs. If you could lab grow it, it would make for interesting reevaluation of ethics. But this isn't going to happen.
Hopefully it does not happen. Besides, the ethics it does not sound very healthy...

When People Ate People, A Strange Disease Emerged

Audie

Veteran Member
Maybe sometime you will know. It gives a lot of clarity about things.

I am sure you mean well but wishing your condition
on others is kind of messed up.

One may feel sorry for you, but follow your
example? No tnx.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Surprisingly no one has touched upon this. If the idea of eating human flesh is considered demonic, then why is it Christians symbolically eat the human flesh and drink the human blood of Jesus?
Probably because we're not eating flesh and drinking blood. We're eating bread and drinking wine.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
There is that one difference there and it is as you said "symbolically". No one eats the human flesh or blood of Jesus. The bread and wine/juice only represent His body and blood.... unless maybe someone is a Catholic, then that's another topic.
Even transubstantiation hedges its bet. It maintains that the bread and wine still maintain their outer form.
Consubstantiation is even more forgiving. Christ is said to be "truly present in, with, and under the forms of bread and wine. Even St. Francis (who was Catholic) prayed, "...that God and the Son of God hides himself under the little forms of bread..."

So, for all intents and purposes it is bread and wine. But those creatures aren't just "representative" of Christ's body and blood. On some mysterious level the historic church maintains that Christ is truly present -- body and blood -- within the bread and wine.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did not include a solution. I doubt you would be grateful to hear my solution.
I assure you that your proposed solution to the overpopulation of the planet, like all other such proposals, is of great interest to me. Please spell it out,

74x12

Also amazing is the gullibility of people who want to pretend it is not an issue.
Whatever, people ignore climate change in history. Let's take the so called ice age for example and the fact that it was warmer in Europe during the medieval period. Who is to say that climate change isn't natural and always occurring? In my opinion spraying aluminum contaminants in the air for us all to breathe is folly. It's a neurotoxin. They need to stop the chem trails before it's too late.

InChrist

Free4ever
I assure you that your proposed solution to the overpopulation of the planet, like all other such proposals, is of great interest to me. Please spell it out,
My solution would be to suggest seeking God the Creator for His wisdom and guidance.

Audie

Veteran Member
Whatever, people ignore climate change in history. Let's take the so called ice age for example and the fact that it was warmer in Europe during the medieval period. Who is to say that climate change isn't natural and always occurring? In my opinion spraying aluminum contaminants in the air for us all to breathe is folly. It's a neurotoxin. They need to stop the chem trails before it's too late.

This is, like, satire , right?

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My solution would be to suggest seeking God the Creator for His wisdom and guidance.
As the Chinese experience with the one-child policy shows, the solution isn't going to be popular, so perhaps a plague that leaves 80% of women sterile, or kills seven billion? A Rapture with the same effect?

What are you expecting that actually addresses the problem?

Ellen Brown

Even transubstantiation hedges its bet. It maintains that the bread and wine still maintain their outer form.
Consubstantiation is even more forgiving. Christ is said to be "truly present in, with, and under the forms of bread and wine. Even St. Francis (who was Catholic) prayed, "...that God and the Son of God hides himself under the little forms of bread..."

So, for all intents and purposes it is bread and wine. But those creatures aren't just "representative" of Christ's body and blood. On some mysterious level the historic church maintains that Christ is truly present -- body and blood -- within the bread and wine.

For me, Communion is a way to honor the name and actions of Jesus, nothing more. I think it is likely that there is more written about him than anyone in the World, ever.

74x12

As the Chinese experience with the one-child policy shows, the solution isn't going to be popular, so perhaps a plague that leaves 80% of women sterile, or kills seven billion? A Rapture with the same effect?

What are you expecting that actually addresses the problem?
Actually, I am expecting ww3 to solve the problem; not that I want that. But it's where the world is headed thanks to the powers that shouldn't be. Then you'll have plenty of more problems to worry about. Such as nuclear radioactive wastelands etc.