• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Get ordained!

Pah

Uber all member
Ordination here

You can become an ordained member of the Spiritual Humanist clergy for FREE right now! As a legally ordained clergy member you can legally perform religious ceremonies and rituals like weddings, funerals, benedictions, etc.

As Spiritual Humanists we believe that every person has innate right to make a spiritual connection to the rest of the cosmos. Our premise is simple:

We can solve the problems of society using a religion based on reason.

We cannot abandon ancient traditions and practices but we can adapt them to our new understanding of the universe. Religion must be able to adapt to new knowledge about the universe without rejecting the deep spiritual connections to human history and the natural world that we are a part of.

All humans have an inalienable right and duty to practice their own religious traditions. Spiritual Humanism allows everyone to fuse their individual religious practices onto the foundation of scientific humanist inquiry. We accept people from any religious background and recognize the validity of all peaceful religious practices and behaviors as being helpful and necessary in developing the spiritual nature of humanity.

If you agree that Religion must be based on Reason, you can be ordained right now for free, and be still able to practice your own religious traditions by simply clicking the button below
:

The basic ordination is free and is authenticated by email but a "value-added" basic and advanced and deluxe Clergy Pack is available for purchase.

The question for discussion/debate is - do you consider this a rip-off or a genuine attempt to promote Humanism as a spiritual way of life?

-pah-

Master Vigil

Both, they are trying to promote it, but doing it in the wrong way. I remember jesse james on monster garage was able to wed the couple in that chapel truck he built. He just went online, and got ordained. I think it is stupid.

Pah

Uber all member
Master Vigil said:
Both, they are trying to promote it, but doing it in the wrong way. I remember jesse james on monster garage was able to wed the couple in that chapel truck he built. He just went online, and got ordained. I think it is stupid.

But doesn't it give another belief system the right to affirm their principles in the creation of a family.

While Jesse may have been after the publicity, he would have had to register his ordination with the state in order for the marriage to be legal. But I agree it sounds silly!

-pah-

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It does sound silly. Could you see Martin Luther starting the Prostestant Reformation with free mail-order ordinations, including a "value-added" packet that cost money? Personally, I'm going to hold out until the Roman Catholic Church emails me with a notice that I've become a priest.