• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Germany Arrests 25 in Plot to Overthrow Government. Qanon Ties

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This vile Qanon vomit has spread to other democratic nations. My guess: Russia, China, N. Korea, and Iran are all players in the Qanon lies.

Germany Arrests Dozens Suspected of Planning to Overthrow Government

Interesting. I thought it was tradition in Germany to plan and foment coups and insurrections from beer halls. But after reading the linked article, I noticed this part:

The prosecutors described the group, which they did not identify, as being influenced by the ideologies of the conspiracy group QAnon and a right-wing German conspiracy group called the Reichsbürger, or Citizens of the Reich, which believes that Germany’s post-World War II republic is not a sovereign country but a corporation set up by the Allies who won the war.

Reichsburger. So, a burger place and not a beer hall. No more Big Macs in Germany. It'll be Reichsburger, where you can't have it your way.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Colt

This vile Qanon vomit has spread to other democratic nations. My guess: Russia, China, N. Korea, and Iran are all players in the Qanon lies.

Germany Arrests Dozens Suspected of Planning to Overthrow Government
Qanon, the Resist movement and the fake Russian collusion conspiracy, all the same way of thinking.
Screen-Shot-2017-01-25-at-10.52.21-AM-900x450.png

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
How would they "overthrow" the government? By assassinating some people and/or by occupying a building, and then just expect everyone to simply roll with it?

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I'd say that the quality of German and other intelligencecollecting units, who collect data and can nip these groups in the bud, are doing a bang up job.
Planetary game of Whack a Mole. Or Whack a Quack.
I'm glad someone is on top of this nonsense.

Shaul

Premium Member
There are very few details in the article. What does "influenced by" even mean? The article says the individuals were aligned with the domestic German Reichsbürger. Tying it to QAnon looks more like click bait than substance.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
There are very few details in the article. What does "influenced by" even mean? The article says the individuals were aligned with the domestic German Reichsbürger. Tying it to QAnon looks more like click bait than substance.

My bet is that the suspects have probably posted QAnon stuff on their social media accounts. I don't know much about this Reichsburger movement, but like QAnon, it appears to be far right, antisemitic, conspiratorial, etc. So that fans of one would be fans of the other seems quite plausible.

Heyo

Veteran Member
My bet is that the suspects have probably posted QAnon stuff on their social media accounts. I don't know much about this Reichsburger movement, but like QAnon, it appears to be far right, antisemitic, conspiratorial, etc. So that fans of one would be fans of the other seems quite plausible.
A QAnon connection isn't reported in German media. If there is one, it is minor. My guess is, it is just a comparison to a better known group.

RestlessSoul

When you have bought all the conspiracy theories they have, you are pretty delusional. Assuming such an attack would work is then just par for the course.

See Washington, Jan 6th 2020, for an example. More than 25 people there obviously, but the principle is the same.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am sure you are capable of using a dictionary (or just googling a word like most other people).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I really can't decide how to address that one. But either way it would probably get me an informal warning so I'll just let you think about it.
I am not sure what you are getting on about. I was merely expressing that what we have here in the US appears to be contagious. And that is not a good thing.