• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia?

exchemist

Veteran Member
It is worth pointing out that the left called for the same thing in 2016.
"The left", eh? Who, in particular?

Did Clinton refuses to concede? Did she allege electoral fraud? Did she demand recounts? Did she try to get state electors not to cast their electoral college votes according to the vote of the people?

As I recall, Clinton conceded on the day of the election, without lodging any complaints. But I'm not in the USA so may have missed something. Can you enlighten me?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You can call it whatever you'd like. But the idea of hedging bets with faithless electors isn't new.
But to blame “the left” as a blanket term is totally unreasonable. Heck, two of the people who did it in 2016 were Republicans. And it ended up costing Clinton more electoral votes than Trump (not that it made any difference).

No, it is not new. That does not make it right. Murder is not new. But if a Republican President shot someone (on 5th Ave or elsewhere) we wouldn’t try to mitigate it by saying “the left shoots people as well” (meaning someone on the left once shot someone).

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I think his hope is for faithless electors that will cast their vote in his favor.
If he does this, what are the odds that the backlash will be a dismantling of the Electoral College?
I think I will make a poll for this!

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Yet you felt there was some value in mentioning it. And perhaps there is. But I suggest we all need to think more carefully about what exactly that value is.
Hmm, I see where you are coming from. For now, I think my choice of words was not good enough as you pointed out. Instead, I will simply conclude that the EC adds a layer of complexity that I think we can do without. Wouldn't that be nice? :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd agree only after Dec 14.
So you do not agree with how the People have voted? You reject the election results? It's done, it's counted, Trump's fantasies about a stolen election are not true amd the courts amd state officials are not agreeing with him.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So you do not agree with how the People have voted? You reject the election results? It's done, it's counted, Trump's fantasies about a stolen election are not true amd the courts amd state officials are not agreeing with him.
Well I'm pretty sure Biden won but until the electorate votes in December, it's only provisional.