• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George H.W. Bush, 41st US President, dead at 94

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think he was profoundly evil.
The most evil person who ever was president.

I don't see any reason to believe in Hell, but if there is one he deserves it as much as anybody.
Ever.
Tom
That's a bit overboard, even in terms of hyperbole. Care to justify those comments?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's a bit overboard, even in terms of hyperbole. Care to justify those comments?
I would be happy to do so, but it would take a whole thread.
Maybe a whole sub-forum.

I will sum it up with this:
I believe he was the main architect of US policy in the Middle East for the last several decades. He committed crimes against humanity on par with Hitler.
He got away with them.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My deepest sympathy for the Bush family and Friends. RIP George Sr. I salute you.

pearl

I think he was a better president than he's often given credit for.

Absolutely. I did not vote for him but admire his courage in going back on a promise that he knew at the time would end his chance at a second term. He served his country in the military and was no 'warmonger'. He was responsible for the 'Disabilities' act. After rescuing Kuwait he had the choice of going into Iraq and chose not to. I believe he was a good, compassionate man, which we don't see too much of lately in public office.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
*walks in and looks around* Looks like a political debates thread

*sniffs* Smells like a political debates thread

*walks back out and reads the sign on the door* General Discussion/Current Events

*shakes head and walks away*

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do they make Republicans like him anymore? :D
Nope, I just heard one of his speech writers talking on NPR and he brought up the fact that he was the youngest pilot ever in the U.S. Army (no Air Force in those days). He drove the speech writers nuts, if they brought up his military record, where he was a decorated hero at the age of 20 he would remove that from the speech. He would not brag about his accomplishments in WWII. Nor would he attack his opponents with ad hominem. Sigh . . . I miss those days.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nope, I just heard one of his speech writers talking on NPR and he brought up the fact that he was the youngest pilot ever in the U.S. Army (no Air Force in those days). He drove the speech writers nuts, if they brought up his military record, where he was a decorated hero at the age of 20 he would remove that from the speech. He would not brag about his accomplishments in WWII. Nor would he attack his opponents with ad hominem. Sigh . . . I miss those days.
He was certainly a man of integrity and focus. I am glad people will know of his accomplishments and honors he's received.