• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genuine Curiousity

Why are so many atheists here? If this is religiousforums.com, and you don't believe in religion, why are you here? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm truly curious. Maybe it's simply my misunderstanding of "atheist." To me an "atheist" is someone who doesn't believe in a god, but are you still religious?

I ask because at one time I was an atheist, and I wouldn't have had the slightest interest in coming to religiousforums.com, if I had even known about it. I wouldn't have even thought about it. Like now, I have no interest in knitting, so I won't waste my time visiting knitting.com or something like that.

Again, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just genuinely curious.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
This forum is a lot about where we came from and the various varieties of mysteries that surround that. The atheists here appreciate that as much as the next person. The thread title of curiosity is perhaps quite appropriate.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Religion is more than just a celebration of Allah, Ibrahim. Religion also involves exploration of ethics, morality and metaphysics. Religion need not be theistic.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Seyorni said:
Religion is more than just a celebration of Allah, Ibrahim. Religion also involves exploration of ethics, morality and metaphysics. Religion need not be theistic.

Very well said. Stole my damn comment from me. :) :coffee:

Seyorni said:
Ah yes, I see. Thank you for being direct.

ChrisP said:
This forum is a lot about where we came from and the various varieties of mysteries that surround that. The atheists here appreciate that as much as the next person. The thread title of curiosity is perhaps quite appropriate.
Excellent points by all, thank you.